SENSATION:"Phoenix" arcade game version from GERMAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC found!!! [ROMs are intact!]

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
And the Phoenix refurbished from its ashes...
I found the game and resurrected it in MAME!

We have phoned Alois Pirl now if he knows more about the RFT "Phoenix" melody
module of the doorchime I had found in garbage.He lives nowdays in the German
city Stade(only some km away from my home) and was just about to start a 6
month voyage to Scottland tomorrow,though I met him just in time to ask him
about the melody module and whether it was part of an arcade PCB set.He agreed
that the module was once plugged into a set of connected "computer PCBs" which
he got in 1988 together with a Trabant car load of office computer scrap from
Leipzig.He told me that there were 3 PCBs in the set and he still has the re-
mains of 2 of them,but the 3rd(smaller,with many socketed RAMs and 74LS ICs)
he had wrecked and thrown away after selling its parts to someone else.He said
he never heared about the game "Phoenix",but he explained that "Musika" melody
modules were also industrially built into doorchimes and clocks,but these pro-
ducts were very expensive and scarce in the DDR(German Democratic Republic),
though he was glad at that time to find one on a scrap PCB.

[If you don't know where I talk about,in the attachment is a detailed descrip-
tion of the Musika module.]

I took a train ride to Alois to show me the remaining PCBs.They are 31*48cm,
light brown and connected by a row of pins at their left side.There are no
part numbers etc. printed on them.The traces are coated with solder(no protec-
tive varnish) and remind me by their right angularly designed layout of my
Sinclair ZX81 board.The PCBs are in very bad condition and at least half of
the chips are missing(but the ROMs are intact!).I wrote down some notes about
the boards.

The 1st(upper) PCB is single-sided and the lower left corner is cracked off
(missing).At it hangs a black,plaited ribbon cable(ca.60cm long) with 16 leads
and grey connectors;the leads are not moulded as a single piece by their plas-
tic insulation like normal flat cables,but instead are a kind of knitted toge-
ther.On this PCB are besides the ROMs only 1 large IC socket(40 pins);Mr.Pirl
said that once a "U880"-CPU had been in it.There are lots of smaller sockets
with 74LS chips etc.Many ICs are missing.The IC sockets are grey.There are 12
socketed ROMs with white paper labels on the board;they are still there be-
cause they seem to be PROMs(plain black plastic case,24 pins,"PR2516-17",no
brand label) instead of EPROMs and though were worthless to be gutted out.In
the upper right corner is an audio amplifier and the grey 18 pin socket for
the melody module.Left to it are two rows of each 8 pins those are connected
by 4 metal jumper plugs(like on an old PC mainboard).At the right side is a 34
pin connector for the(missing) RAM board.In the lower left corner seems to be
a power supply connector(4 thick pins).On the board is a white paper sticker
with the numbers "#41.50.52.49.4C".

The 2nd(lower) PCB is double sided;on it are no large chips,only sockets with
74LS ICs(many missing) and the lower 1/3rd of the board is covered with rec-
tangular fields of glass diodes(forming 2 matrixes of 8 rows and 7 colums
each - a primitive kind of ROM or something similar?).Also something that
looks like a TV modulator(metal box) is on this board and a similar sticker
with the numbers "#46.4F.4F.4C.21".

At the left upper corner a white plastic bracket holds both boards together
(the PCBs have a hole in each corner where a plastic bolt goes through).The
bracket has 3 slots(not connectors,but slots of the kind a saw makes) for the
PCBs and a mounting hole for a screw.I guess that once 4 of them at the cor-
ners held the board set together.

Below each ROM socket on the 2nd board is a round yellow paper sticker with
the last 3 chars of the ROM name("OB3","OB4" etc.) to mark their positions.I
asked Alois if he could read in the ROMs with his EPROM burner,which worked
without problems.

On the ROMs labels are numbers/letters those last characters I managed to
match with the corresponding MAME ROM files by the "Readme.pho" description
files from my downloaded "phoenix.zip" for MAME.

ROM label: MAME name:

0401XA-OB3 IC23
0401XA-OB4 IC24
0401XA-OB1 IC39
0401XA-OB2 IC40
0401XA-OH1 IC45
0401XA-OH2 IC46
0401XA-OH3 IC47
0401XA-OH4 IC48
0401XA-OH5 IC49
0401XA-OH6 IC50
0401XA-OH7 IC51
0401XA-OH8 IC52

The great thing is that these ROMs seem to run on MAME without problems,though
I could test it.I guess I indeed discovered an unknown variant;the on-screen
texts of this Phoenix game are all in German and include the following copy-
right message:

"PHÖNIX(c) KONSTRUIERT 1985
RFT & ROBOTRON-KOMBINAT
HOCHTECHNOLOGIE DER D.D.R."

English translation:

"PHOENIX(c) CONSTRUCTED IN 1985
RFT & ROBOTRON-KOMBINAT
HIGH-TECHNOLOGY OF THE G.D.R. "

The game apparently was created in the in German Democratic Republic.I guess
that the historical importance of this found can not be estimated high enough,
because as far I know,from the communist DDR previously only a single other,
very simple arcade videogame machine(the "Poly-Play",quality similar like the
VCS2600 "Air Sea Battle"?) was known to exist.

(Remark: "Robotron" here has nothing to do with the "Robotron 2084" arcade
game,but was a large,national electronics and computer manufacturing trust of
the DDR republic.)

On the PCB's melody module connector the pins 2,3,4,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,15,17
are open;short traces from 7,8,15 and 17 lead to something that looks like
open solder jumper pads and the traces from pin 4,10,11,12,13,14 are dead ends
leading to empty holes where no components are soldered in.(They weren't
wrecked;I guess that some resistors or capacitors are missing here due to de-
sign changes.) The audio signals from pin 5 and 6 are mixed together by 2
68kOhm resistors and then passed through a 100nF capacitor onto a trace which
gets additional inputs through capacitors and resistors from other PCB areas
and which leads to a 22kOhm potentiometer of a simple transistorized mono am-
plifier above the module.With the present wiring the module must have run in
sequence mode and can only have played the 4th melody bank(the one with the 4
non-xmas melodies).

I have recorded WAV samples from all the melodies and made a ZIP file of the
ROMs.

Beside the German text,the game itself doesn't seem to differ much from other
"Phoenix" versions.Does anybody know more about this variant? (e.g. the cabi-
net design or where such games were operated.Were they used within the GDR or
were they exported?) For Alois it just had been "computer scrap" and he said
he knows not more about it.

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*
{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/Logologie/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
Sorry,I forgot the attachment text about the melody module;here is it.
---
Strange PHOENIX melody module from RFT found! (plays all different tunes! -
where can I upload samples? [detailed tech-info included])

In spring 1997(?) in a box of garbage of my neighbour in the German city Bux-
tehude I found a white plastic thing with a loudspeaker,which apparently once
was the rear half of an electronic doorchime.The electronics looks like part-
ly handmade;there is an industrially produced small PCB module in it which
is connected to some simple handmade circuitry with a large,old rotary switch
(like from a tube oscilloscope) and a 100Ohm potentiometer.

At home I tried to connect the thing to batteries;when a contact is pulled to
+,the thing plays 2 voiced squarewave melodies.The potentiometer is in series
with the 16Ohm speaker to adjust the volume.By turning the rotary switch,6
different melodies,Westminster and some gong effects can be selected.After I
had tested it,I put the thing away into a closed box with some of the other
squarewave music things I have collected.

The doorchime rested there for a long time without that I cared much about it.
When I recently looked again at the thing,I got aware of that on a small,
white,rectangular,worn off paper sticker on the module PCB the words "RFT -
PLEIADES" are printed(with typewriter?) and the word "PLEIADES" has been
crossed out and overwritten with pencil by a smeared word that looks like
"Phönix".I guess I have looked at this sticker already several times,but I
didn't realize its meaning yet.
Now I would love to know if this indeed may have been the melody module of a
"Phoenix" arcade PCB.The melodies are all different from the MAME version and
they are also not the "Greensleeves" version.

The melody module has a red plastic connector with 18 pins.On its small PCB
are 3 ceramic capacitors,7 resistors,a cylindric metal transistor,a 2 pin con-
nector for the speaker and an 18 pin IC.The IC has a brownish orange ceramic
body,brass pins and in the center a silver metal top(aluminum??) with black,
a little smeared printing on it.Th IC is not soldered in,but sits in a grey
plastic socket.The PCB is dark brown,single sided and has quite broad traces
those are coated with solder.

On the IC stands:
.------------------.
| |1984 RFT 01 04| |
| | | |
|°| KMM6221/03 | |
'--==============--'

(The 2nd "M" is halways scratched,though this one is a guess.)

On the PCB itself stands(in letters etched out of the copper) "MUSIKA".The
wires of the rotary switch are soldered by many glass diodes(larger than
usual ones) to the connector's back side of the module.Outside the module a
rectifier circuit formed by 4(quite big) glass diodes and an electrolytic cap
(80MF +35V,4cm long,axial) are glued to the doorchime case(but there is no
mains transformer included).The thing works well with 5V AC or DC;the sound
from the speaker gets already audible with 2V,but extremely quiet and distor-
ted.

The doorchime plays the follwing melodies:

Switch positions:

1 4 Melodies (one per button press|1=DDR hymn?,4="Barcarole")
2 "Oh Tannenbaum" (a German xmess carol)
3 "Litle Town of Betlehem"
4 "Barcarole" (a very nice squarewave tune)
5 4 tone chime
6 Westminster? (a clock chime)
7 2nd 4 tone chime
8 dong (1x)
9 a kind of ringing telephone bell sound
10 (empty)

I have asked my neighbour Schmidt about the origin of the strange module.He
told me that in former times he lived in Zwickau in the "DDR"(the soviet occu-
pied zone of eastern Germany) and that about 1988 he got the doorchime from a
guy of the name Pirl by swapping with him a kitchen clock for it.As a hobby
and additional income source Mr.Pirl repaired radios and TV sets for other
people and he had good connections to get electronic spare parts,which in the
DDR was a difficult task.He had built the doorchime of scrapped electronic
parts he got from other people.

I have tried to examine the working of the IC by carefully drawing pins to GND
or +5V using an 1kOhm Resistor and analyzing the wireing of the selector
switch.Though I found the following out.(All mentioned mode names are by me;I
have no data sheet,though I don't know how the manufacturer RFT calls them.I
hope I didn't confuse anything;the mess of black cables from the rotary switch
where I connected the aligator clips is anything but well overviewable.)

KMM6221/03 - Theory of operation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most inputs are low-active and all treat open input lines as high.Most of the
module pins are connected with the corresponding pins of the IC.Pin 10,11,12
of the module are not connected.(The IC has a capacitor and a 150kOhm resistor
there which sets the clock speed.) Also pin 13,14 of the IC are not connected
and seem to do nothing.Pin 5 and 6 output each one of the 2 squarewave voices
(stereo ;-) ) and they are also internally connected by 2 resistors to the
speaker output transistor.Pin 18 is GND,pin 1 is positive supply voltage.On
the PCB there is a 330Ohm protective resistor between pin 1 of the module and
pin 1 of the IC.

Pin 7 and 8 combination selects 4 sound banks:

00b = "chime" mode
01b = "clock chime" mode
10b = "xmas melodies"(?)
11b = "other melodies"

The melodies in each bank are selected with pin 9 and 16.

Pin 15 switches between 2 melody selection modes:

* when pin 15 is pulled low: (direct selection mode)

Pin 9 and 16 directly select by their bit combination one of maximum 3 melo-
dies/sounds from each bank.A high on pin 17 starts the selected melody and
plays it once;when pin 17 is already high(or open) during selection,the se-
lected melody is started immediately.Selecting "silence" stops any melody/
sound.Keeping pin 17 high after a melody is finished doesn't play another
one.Further signals at pin 17 while a melody is still playing have no effect
(like desired for a doorbell button).

(In the doorchime an external 100kOhm pulldown resistor has been soldered
to the module to hold pin 17 down until the doorbell button contact pulls
it high.)

* when pin 15 hi/open: (sequence mode)

In this mode all melodies of a selected bank can be played in sequence with-
out the need of changing the settings of pin 9 and 16.After the last melody
of a bank has been played,the 1st is played again.

The bit combinations of pin 9 and 16 do the following:

00b = resets selected bank to its 1st melody(and plays it when pin 17=hi).
01b = plays the next melody in sequence from that bank(as soon pin 17=hi).
10b = similar like 10b (I call this "music box mode".)
11b = silence (Immediately stops any running melody.)

Setting pin 17 high(or open) plays the next melody once when pin 9,16 are
set to 01b,or plays always only the 1st melody when they are at 00b.

In mode 00b and 01b keeping pin 17 high after the melody is finished doesn't
play another one.Further signals at pin 17 while a melody is still playing
have no effect(like desired for a doorbell button).

In mode 10b keeping pin 17 high when a melody is finishing starts the next
one,though all melodies of the bank play in a loop when pin 17 is kept high.
A rising signal edge at pin 17 while a melody is still playing skips the
running melody and starts the next one of the bank.

(In the "clock chime" mode the sequence mode behaves differently.)

Independant from pin 15,any signal changes on pin 9 and 16 seem to take ef-
fect only when they are at least ca.0.2s long.

Decription of the 4 sound banks:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(The decimal numbers before the sound/melody names are the bit values of pin
9 and pin 16.The binary number "(**b)" here are the combination of pin 7 and
8.)

* direct selection mode (pin 15=lo)

"chime" mode (00b):

0=dong (1x)
1=4tone chime
2=a kind of ringing telephone bell sound(rings as long pin 17=hi).
3=silence

"clock chime" mode (01b):

0=Westminster?
1=dong (same as 0 in "chime" mode)
2=2nd 4tone chime
3=silence

"xmas melodies" mode (10b)

0="Oh Tannenbaum" ("Oh Christmas Tree",a German xmess carol)
1="Little Town of Betlehem"
2="Barcarole" (no christmas carol)
3=silence

"non-xmas melodies" mode (11b or both open)

0=melody 1 (DDR hymn?)
1=melody 2
2=melody 3
3=silence

* sequence mode (active when pin 15 hi or open)

"chime" mode (00b):

(behaves like in direct selection mode.)

"clock chime" mode (01b):

0=reset to 12 o'clock
1 plays 1 to 12 times "dong"
2 plays Westminster(?),then 1 to 12 times "dong",then the "2nd 4 tone
chime"
3=silence

Like a clock does,each trigger of pin 17 lets sound one clock strike
more than the previous one;after 12 strikes it returns to 1.

"xmas melodies" mode (10b)

0=reset to tune 1
1=play {"Oh Tannenbaum","Little Town of Betlehem"}
2=music box mode - melodies see above
3=silence

(Be aware that here the Barcarole is not played together with the
2 christmas songs.)

"non-xmas melodies" mode (11b or active when pin 7,8 open)

0=reset to tune 1
1=play {DDR hymn?,melody 2,melody 3,"Barcarole"}
2=music box mode - melodies see above
3=silence

(The Barcarole instead is played here as a 4th melody.)

I will check if we may contact Mr.Pirl for more information;possibly he still
has the Phoenix arcade board where my melody module came from.

From the melodies and sounds I have recorded a set of WAV samples for MAME.
Does anybody has a site to upload them?

Eckhard Stolberg

Apr 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/1/00
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:

>In spring 1997(?) in a box of garbage of my neighbour in the German city

>Buxtehude I found a white plastic thing with a loudspeaker,which apparently

How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
his location. ;-)

I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
now on, then. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00
Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >In spring 1997(?) in a box of garbage of my neighbour in the German city
> >Buxtehude I found a white plastic thing with a loudspeaker,which apparently
>
> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> his location. ;-)
>
> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> now on, then. ;-)
>
> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

No,it's not a hoax.

The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
the ROMs?

PhxRTitle.png
PhxRText.png

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
I have uploaded the sample set and ROMs from the "RFT & Robotron" Phoenix ar-
cade game now to my homepage.

Download them at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_vgames.html

Note,the sample set(>2MB) I may remove from my homepage soon again due to web-
space reasons in my college,though download them better NOW than later!

Mad-H

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
Please post them.

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
<wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:

>Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:
>>
>> CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>>

>> >In spring 1997(?) in a box of garbage of my neighbour in the German city

>> >Buxtehude I found a white plastic thing with a loudspeaker,which apparently
>>
>> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
>> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
>> his location. ;-)
>>
>> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
>> now on, then. ;-)
>>
>> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
>
>No,it's not a hoax.
>
>The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
>the ROMs?

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
to Mad-H
Mad-H wrote:

> Please post them.

The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
page at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
> <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> >> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> >> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> >> his location. ;-)
> >>
> >> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> >> now on, then. ;-)
> >>
> >> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
> >
> >No,it's not a hoax.
> >
> >The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
> >the ROMs?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
to Mad-H
Mad-H wrote:

> Please post them.

The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
page at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
> <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> >> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> >> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> >> his location. ;-)
> >>
> >> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> >> now on, then. ;-)
> >>
> >> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
> >
> >No,it's not a hoax.
> >
> >The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
> >the ROMs?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
to Mad-H
Mad-H wrote:

> Please post them.

The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
page at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
> <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> >> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> >> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> >> his location. ;-)
> >>
> >> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> >> now on, then. ;-)
> >>
> >> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
> >
> >No,it's not a hoax.
> >
> >The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
> >the ROMs?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
to Mad-H
Mad-H wrote:

> Please post them.

The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
page at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
> <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> >> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> >> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> >> his location. ;-)
> >>
> >> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> >> now on, then. ;-)
> >>
> >> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
> >
> >No,it's not a hoax.
> >
> >The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
> >the ROMs?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
to Mad-H
Mad-H wrote:

> Please post them.

The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
page at:

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

> On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 00:13:13 +0200, CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler
> <wind...@informatik.fh-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
> >Eckhard Stolberg schrieb:

> >> How cruel is that, when you find out about your local competition in
> >> an April Fools post, where the only thing that wasn't made up is
> >> his location. ;-)
> >>
> >> I guess I'll have to get up even more early for the fleamarkets from
> >> now on, then. ;-)
> >>
> >> Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg
> >
> >No,it's not a hoax.
> >
> >The game is real.Look at these screenshots(made with MAME).Does anybody want
> >the ROMs?

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
>Mad-H wrote:
>>
>> Please post them.
>
>The ROMs,all infos and much more are now at my "Historical Videogames" home-
>page at:
>
>http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html

Sorry for posting this multiple times - my Netscape Browser displayed errors
after sending,though I concluded that the message didn't arrive.

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
[quoted from VGN MAME message-board:]

>IPost number: 4780
> Host: 154.11.238.214
> Posted by: The Dog
> Date: April 03, 2000 at 13:33:09
> Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; msnca)
> Subject: Re: SENSATION:"Phoenix" arcade game version from GERMAN
> DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC found!!! [ROMs are intact!]

>DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC found!!! [ROMs are intact!] posted by Zsolt Vasvari
>on April 03, 2000 at 10:45:36:
>
>: : with the numbers "#41.50.52.49.4C".
>
>: That spells APRIL
>
>: : with the numbers "#46.4F.4F.4C.21".
>
>: and that one is FOOL!
>
>Wow. That is the most elaborate April Fools gag I have seen in some time,
>given that this guy has posted pages of technical info on this supposed
>discovery, and has been leading up to this for about a month now. I totally
>fell for it. I guess the fact that the "screenshots" were posted on the 1st,
>and the spelling on the splash screen doesn't match the text should've
>tipped me off...
>
>Damn, and I thought the idea of an East-German video game was really
>cool!

You unlocked this door with the key of imagination... (or a hackz editor?!?)

Wellcome to the Twilight Zone - the domain of the unexpected...

= 0

\____/

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*

{http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_index.html}

The Maverick

Apr 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/12/00
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler wrote:

> [quoted from VGN MAME message-board:]

So it took them 12 days to figure out what someone here deduced in an
hour? ;-)

the Mav

--
Cliffhanger Serials, Boardgames, Videogames, and Red Baron I
http://www.volcano.net/~themaverick/index.html

CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler

Apr 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/17/00
CYBERYOGI =CO= Windler wrote:

> [quoted from VGN MAME message-board:]

> >DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC found!!! [ROMs are intact!] posted by Zsolt Vasvari
> >on April 03, 2000 at 10:45:36:
> >
> >: : with the numbers "#41.50.52.49.4C".
> >
> >: That spells APRIL
> >
> >: : with the numbers "#46.4F.4F.4C.21".
> >
> >: and that one is FOOL!
> >
> >Wow. That is the most elaborate April Fools gag I have seen in some time,
> >given that this guy has posted pages of technical info on this supposed
> >discovery, and has been leading up to this for about a month now. I totally
> >fell for it. I guess the fact that the "screenshots" were posted on the 1st,
> >and the spelling on the splash screen doesn't match the text should've
> >tipped me off...

Read now on my historical videogames homepage all about the backgrounds of
this april fool hoax and how I created this "Phoenix" arcade game hack...

http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~windle_c/e_vgames.html

(Just click on the underlined dot in the appropriate section.)

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!