HELP: Repairing wood on cabinet

Shaun Guth

Apr 17, 2003, 10:07:35 AM4/17/03
Hey everyone,
I was carefully removing the T-molding from my cabinet today in
preparation for some nice brand-new stuff, when much to my dismay the
wood (particle board?) on the cp extensions for the cabinet started to
crumble and break away.

A picture is worth a 1000 words...
http://arcade.l8nite.net/dig-dug/wood_repair/

The upper-left and one below it have the best detail of what happened.

Is there anything I can do to repair the damage? (*prays*)

Shaun

Bones

Apr 17, 2003, 10:17:32 AM4/17/03
Bondo does the trick... you'll just have to sand it smooth and do a little
touch up paint work.

-Rob

"Shaun Guth" <sh...@l8nite.net> wrote in message

Adam Pletcher

Apr 17, 2003, 10:42:35 AM4/17/03
Bondo or Minwax High Performance Wood Filler. If the underlying wood is
structurally sound, it's not terribly hard to repair. Doing real
reconstruction is difficult. You might practice on some junk wood first.

- Adam

Tom Lavier

Apr 17, 2003, 12:58:35 PM4/17/03
I had one whole side broken off of my Dig-Dug and I fixed it with
several layers of wood putty. I repainted the whole area white and used
a rag to blend the white in with the rest of the cabinet. You can
barely tell now and only if I told you.

cnlmoore

Apr 17, 2003, 2:01:38 PM4/17/03
When you use the bondo or wood putty, make sure you put something in the t
molding slot to protect it from getting filled with putty (heavy card stock
works well). Unless you have a router and a t molding slot cutter.

Chris M

DevilMan

Apr 17, 2003, 2:16:10 PM4/17/03
Bondo.

warning - large pics

Before: http://www.sohodev.com/arcade/p1310007.jpg
During: http://www.sohodev.com/arcade/p3190020.jpg
After: http://www.sohodev.com/arcade/p4090024.jpg

Ron Lyons

Apr 17, 2003, 7:40:43 PM4/17/03

"DevilMan" <nos...@mail.com> wrote in message

> Bondo.
>
> warning - large pics

You should of put

warning - horrible, scary pictures of a beautiful game in intensive surgery

I have to do this to my playchoice cabinet and my breakout eventually :(