Baby pac-man playfield silkscreening

Dennay

Aug 9, 2007, 11:55:23 AM8/9/07
Hi everyone. I know a few years ago there was somebody posting that he
was going to try to get people together to get a bunch of Baby Pac-man
Playfields silkscreened. I've had a Baby Pac-man project I've been
sitting on for a while that I want to start up again. Does anyone out
there know if anyone is still (or is willing to start up again) Baby
Pac-man playfield silkscreening? Thanks to all.

chopperman69

Aug 9, 2007, 12:12:31 PM8/9/07
Probably need to ask on:

rec.games.pinball

jayrowthee

Aug 9, 2007, 12:55:16 PM8/9/07

Are you talking about the repro's over at Phoenix Arcade?

http://www.phoenixarcade.com/art.htm#babypacman

Metahugh

Aug 9, 2007, 3:27:55 PM8/9/07

They actually rescreened real playfields. That was a while back and
from what I understand they aren't doing them anymore. I'd like one
myself.

Hugh

phoenixarcade.com

Aug 9, 2007, 3:54:38 PM8/9/07
the rescreened playfields had many alignment issues and wrong colors.
i purchased one myself.

i bought the art file from jaysun who did the rescreening. he
corrected the colors and the alignmet issues somewhat and my artist
tweaked the file further. then we made the overlay.

someotherguy

Aug 9, 2007, 4:59:51 PM8/9/07
The guy's nick is "jaysunten" and the posts were mostly here on rgvac. This was
in late '01 or so if I recall, so you're kinda late to the party. : ) Good
luck though; maybe he kept the screens, can't imagine why he'd chunk 'em.

Richard

someotherguy

Aug 9, 2007, 5:04:15 PM8/9/07
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:54:38 -0700, "phoenixarcade.com" <azarca...@cox.net>
wrote:

d'oh.. OK Darin, thanks for clearing that up. I missed the overlay situation.
Nix at least half of my other post on this subject, then. : )

Richard

Roadrunner000

Aug 10, 2007, 7:46:35 AM8/10/07
On Aug 9, 5:04 pm, someotherguy
<someotherguy@SPAM_SUCKSsomeotherplace.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:54:38 -0700, "phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadega...@cox.net>

> wrote:
>
> >the rescreened playfields had many alignment issues and wrong colors.
> >i purchased one myself.
>
> >i bought the art file from jaysun who did the rescreening. he
> >corrected the colors and the alignmet issues somewhat and my artist
> >tweaked the file further. then we made the overlay.
>
> d'oh.. OK Darin, thanks for clearing that up. I missed the overlay situation.
> Nix at least half of my other post on this subject, then. : )
>
> Richard

I have one of those playfields that was silkscreened...the biggest
goof was Energizer at center of playfield was spelled wrong "Enegizer"
The playfield actually looks very nice and the different shades of the
colors look good in my opinion...I went back and forth on using it in
my game..and decided to do it since it was basically brand new...I
could live with the goof and it makes for interesting conversation
when someone actually notices it..which is almost never...with
everything installed including a NOS sets of plastics and all new
stuff on playfield...looks very nice.
I'm sure Darin's overlay properly installed would give you the
playfield your looking for...for me nothing comparies to silkscreen so
thats why I went with the reproduction. If I remember
correctly...they only did a handful of these...

Dennay

Aug 13, 2007, 3:43:13 PM8/13/07

Thanks for all the posts. I actually have two playfields. To get up
and running, I think I'm going to get Darin's mylar overlay and put it
on the one. I'll save the other one to maybe directly silkscreen one
day. My wife is an artist and expressed an interest in helping me with
the restoration and playing around with silkscreening. Maybe one day we
can do that.

I noticed Darin has has a complete Tron art package. I have a pretty
beat up Tron that was going to be my next project. Now I'm excited to
work on that!