I have very low brightness - even after adjustment

Kajunlion

Aug 23, 2007, 11:54:52 PM8/23/07
I have a rodotron ?? 25" in a Golden Tee 99'.

When I picked it up it had a terrible picture. I put a cap kit in and
the picture is very clear but very very dark.

I turned up the screen all the way and it still is dark. When I turn
the brighness control on the remote board it does nothing. I pulled
the pot off and checked it, ok. I checked the foil traces and wires,
everything is ok.

I really do not what to do next? Any ideas?

Thanks
Kajunlion

maxs...@sbcglobal.net

Aug 24, 2007, 12:22:28 AM8/24/07
It probably means the tube is shot or needs to be rejuvenated. I have
had a few Wells Gardner 25"s that had the tube die on them. Sometimes
they could be rejuvenated, sometimes not. -Malcolm

gamefixer

Aug 24, 2007, 9:15:07 AM8/24/07

Yeah, newer monitors seem to have very high tube failure rates.
Especially when compared to their 20+ year old counterparts. Its
really pathetic.

Matt