Super Punch-Out reproduction side decals to be produced

MaximRecoil

Nov 15, 2007, 5:34:01 PM11/15/07
We are looking for people interested in buying a set (two decals, one
for each side of the machine).

The decal in question is approximately 18" x 10" and is placed above
the regular Punch-Out side art when converting to Super Punch-Out. It
says "Super" on it and looks like this - http://maxim.skyphix.com/super.jpg

This illustration from the SPO manual shows where they are applied on
the machine - http://maxim.skyphix.com/super_decal.png

I have an NOS decal that I scanned in at 600 DPI and vector traced.
The NOS decal will also be used by the screen printer for color
matching. The original decal has portions that are a metallic silver-
gray in color, and I was concerned about them being able to recreate
that. I visited their place today to show them the decal and they
showed me a piece they were doing for L.L. Bean which used a nearly
identical metallic silver-gray ink, so that part should be no
problem.

These will be screen printed (AKA: silk screened), 3 colors, with the
black being halftoned to represent the gradients (which is how the
original was done), onto white self-adhesive vinyl, and cut to the
outside shape on a plotter.

When looking at the original, they noted that it was laminated, which
gives it a glossy appearance. They showed me a piece they had done
that was laminated in the same way, and the finish/gloss was
identical.

The cost was originally estimated at $26 per decal, but with
lamination, it was estimated at $27 per decal ($54 per set). I know it
is a bit pricey, but it is a small run (minimum order of 24 pieces).

Anyone interested in buying a set for a Punch-Out or Super Punch-Out
machine will only need to pay actual cost.

E-mail me or post here if you are interested in a set, or if you have
any questions.

Todd Tuckey

Nov 15, 2007, 6:01:50 PM11/15/07
I would be interested in a set! Todd from TNT Amusements
tntqu...@aol.com.

tak...@comcast.net

Nov 15, 2007, 8:21:12 PM11/15/07
I am in for a set.

Troy

MaximRecoil

Nov 15, 2007, 8:53:45 PM11/15/07
On Nov 15, 8:21 pm, take...@comcast.net wrote:
> I am in for a set.
>
> Troy

I'll put you on the list and let you know when they are ready. So far
there are 6 people interested. That's pretty good for the short time
that this has been posted. We only need 8 to 10 people who want a set.

chip...@aol.com

Nov 15, 2007, 9:50:40 PM11/15/07

me too
jeff

MaximRecoil

Nov 15, 2007, 9:55:53 PM11/15/07
On Nov 15, 9:50 pm, "chip...@aol.com" <chip...@aol.com> wrote:

> me too
> jeff

Added.

richieknucklez

Nov 15, 2007, 11:11:54 PM11/15/07
I would take a set as well

MaximRecoil

Nov 15, 2007, 11:23:10 PM11/15/07
On Nov 15, 11:11 pm, richieknucklez <ric...@richieknucklez.com> wrote:
> I would take a set as well

Added.

mzhulk

Nov 15, 2007, 11:33:56 PM11/15/07
On Nov 15, 2:34 pm, MaximRecoil <maxim_rec...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We are looking for people interested in buying a set (two decals, one
> for each side of the machine).
>
> The decal in question is approximately 18" x 10" and is placed above
> the regular Punch-Out side art when converting to Super Punch-Out. It
> says "Super" on it and looks like this -http://maxim.skyphix.com/super.jpg

> This illustration from the SPO manual shows where they are applied on
> the machine -http://maxim.skyphix.com/super_decal.png

> I have an NOS decal that I scanned in at 600 DPI and vector traced.
> The NOS decal will also be used by the screen printer for color
> matching. The original decal has portions that are a metallic silver-
> gray in color, and I was concerned about them being able to recreate
> that. I visited their place today to show them the decal and they
> showed me a piece they were doing for L.L. Bean which used a nearly
> identical metallic silver-gray ink, so that part should be no
> problem.
>
> These will be screen printed (AKA: silk screened), 3 colors, with the
> black being halftoned to represent the gradients (which is how the
> original was done), onto white self-adhesive vinyl, and cut to the
> outside shape on a plotter.
>
> When looking at the original, they noted that it was laminated, which
> gives it a glossy appearance. They showed me a piece they had done
> that was laminated in the same way, and the finish/gloss was
> identical.
>
> The cost was originally estimated at $26 per decal, but with
> lamination, it was estimated at $27 per decal ($54 per set). I know it
> is a bit pricey, but it is a small run (minimum order of 24 pieces).
>
> Anyone interested in buying a set for a Punch-Out or Super Punch-Out
> machine will only need to pay actual cost.
>
> E-mail me or post here if you are interested in a set, or if you have
> any questions.

I would like a set

Thanks

MaximRecoil

Nov 15, 2007, 11:46:24 PM11/15/07
On Nov 15, 11:33 pm, mzhulk <mzh...@cox.net> wrote:

> I would like a set
>

> Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Added.

MaximRecoil

Nov 16, 2007, 12:05:02 PM11/16/07
Okay, we have enough people to account for all the sets that will be
produced. If anyone else wants a set, I can take your name in case
anyone already on the list changes their mind about buying a set.

Thanks.

Scott Caldwell

Nov 17, 2007, 5:20:09 PM11/17/07
Is there a price break for a certain quantity?

Scott C.

MaximRecoil

Nov 17, 2007, 6:07:31 PM11/17/07
On Nov 17, 5:20 pm, Scott Caldwell <lscottcaldw...@excite.com> wrote:
> Is there a price break for a certain quantity?
>
> Scott C.

You mean from the printer? I don't know. I only got a quote for the
minimum order of 24 pieces.

Scott Caldwell

Nov 17, 2007, 7:36:29 PM11/17/07
It's worth asking. I know with the last 3 repro projects
I've done, there was a significant price break after a
certain number. By ordering more, I was able to pay
basically the same, but get a lot more ordered. It costs
them basically the same to set-up for one or one hundred.

Scott C.

MaximRecoil

Nov 17, 2007, 9:09:24 PM11/17/07
On Nov 17, 7:36 pm, Scott Caldwell <lscottcaldw...@excite.com> wrote:
> It's worth asking. I know with the last 3 repro projects
> I've done, there was a significant price break after a
> certain number. By ordering more, I was able to pay
> basically the same, but get a lot more ordered. It costs
> them basically the same to set-up for one or one hundred.
>
> Scott C.

I'll ask them about it. Thanks.

MaximRecoil

Nov 25, 2007, 3:04:22 AM11/25/07

I heard from Brendon tonight (the person handling the finances for
this project). He has received enough payments and is planning to
place the order with and pay the printer in full on Tuesday the 27th.

dmo...@hotmail.com

Nov 30, 2007, 8:05:15 PM11/30/07

If you can order an extra set, I'd pay up quickly.
Thanks,
-Daren

MaximRecoil

Dec 1, 2007, 5:39:47 AM12/1/07
> -Daren- Hide quoted text -

You'd have to check with Brendon about that. His email is
brendonzeidler and that is at hotmail.com. However, he has already put
in the order and paid the printer a few days ago, so I don't know if
it is possible to add another set to the order at this stage or not.
It is unlikely; unfortunately.

miz...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2007, 3:35:47 PM12/3/07
> It is unlikely; unfortunately.- Hide quoted text -

I am also interested in this, put me down for a set if you can.

MaximRecoil

Dec 20, 2007, 4:29:43 PM12/20/07
I just talked to the screen printer. The decals are printed and on the
drying rack right now. They still need to be plotted to shape and
laminated. He estimated they would be done on Wednesday the 26th (they
are taking the 24th and 25th off for Christmas).

tak...@comcast.net

Jan 6, 2008, 1:13:15 AM1/6/08
Are these done? Have they shipped?

jayrowthee

Feb 6, 2008, 12:59:54 PM2/6/08
On Jan 6, 1:13 am, take...@comcast.net wrote:
> Are these done?  Have they shipped?

It appears that they did finally finish up

Here's the update on Klov

http://forums.webmagic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=579008&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

And here's the information I have....

http://www.rotheblog.com/2007/11/arcade/super-punch-out-decal-reproductions/