Circus Charlie Side Art and CPO to be Reproduced

bbo...@hotmail.com

Apr 5, 2006, 4:01:01 PM4/5/06
Anthony from QuarterArcade was nice enough to sell me his NOS sidart
and CPO for Circus Charlie and I am taking on the project of
reproducing this for a very limited silkscreen run. Now before you all
say this will cost WAY to much to reproduce the right way, let me tell
you it's not going to be that bad. First, I have a relative that is a
regional manager for a major billboard company in the U.S. and he got
me in touch with his printer and they are going to handle everything
(scanning,vectoring, sampling, and digital printing and or silkscreen).
Since they do all his printing, I am getting a smokin deal since the
relationship dollar amount is in the millions. Looking at my faded
cabinets art, it is hard to tell if the sideart was printed or
screened. Secondly,what I am looking for is the demand for this item
from you guys. I love the game, but not everyone wants one restored. I
plan on running 20-25 of each. Your feedback will determine how many
will be produced. The price will be inline with any other quality
silkscreened art out there(arcaderenovations/phoenixarcade).

Ben

phoenixarcade.com

Apr 5, 2006, 7:31:58 PM4/5/06
youll be lucky to find 2 people that would actually buy i imo. i dont
have a single request for this in my log book dating back to 2001.

while i can appreciate your enthusiasm for this project, i would
actually get a price on it before getting serious. there are raw costs
that i doubt a connection or friend would be willing to absorb. sure a
price break would rock, but dont get your hopes up for too much.
margins in screen printing are based on volume.

get a price and bring your plan back here and see what kind of "real"
interest there is from collectors

good luck

Fools!

Apr 5, 2006, 7:49:50 PM4/5/06
Count me in!

Greg Baumgratz

Apr 5, 2006, 9:57:23 PM4/5/06
Fun game - but probably not a high seller I suppose. I have a really
nice condition cocktail, Ser # 3 I believe. I would consider buying
some side art to use as artwork depending on the price. Keep us posted.

Greg

wma...@msn.com

Apr 6, 2006, 12:47:39 AM4/6/06
Count me out. OK game, nothing great. I'd like to see Darin start a
list of people going for Bud Tapper marquees and bezels. My marquee is
flaking as are many others that I've seen. The bezel seems to
flake/crack as well. Put me down for 4 marquees and two bezels and I
will also send the deposit to get it started. Anyone else need Bud
Tapper marquees and/or a bezel? SPEAK UP! :) thanks

Kevin Rhinehart

Apr 6, 2006, 2:28:26 AM4/6/06
You really should start a new thread or email Darin directly. You have
hijacked this thread in a bad way.

Scott Caldwell

Apr 6, 2006, 9:40:52 PM4/6/06
If I had the room, I would get a set. It's a fun
game (I play it more now than I did as a kid). I
do agree it is tough to find one in decent shape
and they do show-up at auction every once in a
while.

Pricing may not be as bad as you think. I know I
did a production run of 2 (yes 2) CPOs several
years back and the price wasn't anywhere near as
bad as most folks would have expected.

Scott C.

phoenixarcade.com

Apr 7, 2006, 12:34:19 AM4/7/06

Scott Caldwell wrote:
> If I had the room, I would get a set. It's a fun
> game (I play it more now than I did as a kid). I
> do agree it is tough to find one in decent shape
> and they do show-up at auction every once in a
> while.
>
> Pricing may not be as bad as you think. I know I
> did a production run of 2 (yes 2) CPOs several
> years back and the price wasn't anywhere near as
> bad as most folks would have expected.
>
> Scott C.

what was the run of 2? was it screen printed? i never heard or read
anything about it.

Scott Caldwell

Apr 7, 2006, 8:19:38 AM4/7/06
It was Quartet 2, was done locally, and yes it was
screened. Another collector and I wanted perfect
CPOs for our games, so I had it done.

Scott C.

phoenixarcade.com

Apr 7, 2006, 9:31:04 AM4/7/06

Scott Caldwell wrote:
> It was Quartet 2, was done locally, and yes it was
> screened. Another collector and I wanted perfect
> CPOs for our games, so I had it done.
>
> Scott C.

cool.

since you say it wasnt that expensive, do you mind sharing the costs?
and what printer did you use? im always shopping for high quality cheap
printing sources.

thanks

phoenixarcade.com

Apr 7, 2006, 12:25:05 PM4/7/06
im also wondering if your cost for this screen print was so reasonable
for 2, then surely you know how little extra money it would be for
another 8. you could have sold them to recoup costs or help other
collectors out.

you could also jump in and make small runs for games that no one else
wont touch.

also, you could easily put guys like me, arcadeshop and
arcaderenovations out of business and rule. which if i cant compete
with your really low price, then i dont deserve to be around. joe "the
con man" bachman claimed he was going to do this and we havent heard a
word from him in a looong time.

i hope you take my intent as a positive one. we need more people like
you in this hobby.

Scott Caldwell

Apr 7, 2006, 10:33:38 PM4/7/06
$250 was the costs.

Scott C.

Scott Caldwell

Apr 7, 2006, 10:34:10 PM4/7/06
Darin, I understand exactly what you are saying. This
was my first attempt at having something done and it
took many months to get done. As a result, I understand
the time, effort, frustration and money it takes to bring
a project to market. Believe me, I do. That's why I cut
all the repro places (that make good artwork, such as
yourself, etc.) a lot of slack of what decisions or
projects you take on.

As for making us having made more than 2 Quartet 2
CPOs..., the costs would have been greater, but I just
didn't see the demand. However, I did end-up with an
extra CPO and have had it posted on my sites for years
and not once have I ever gotten an inquiry about it or
seen someone posts asking for one. We made what we
wanted and that was that. You should also understand
this was a pretty simple CPO with only 3 colors, text
and lots of lines.

You can see a little of it on the KLOV link below (that's
my write-up and one of my marquees shown, but not my
cabinet.... but I digress)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=Q&game_id=9193

The shop could probably do similar work, but for anything
more they would have to shop out the work to another
company. This other company has done some repro CPOs
(through someone else that will remain nameless), but
they are more expensive.

Scott C.

phoenixarcade.com

Apr 7, 2006, 11:27:48 PM4/7/06
thanks for the info scott

if you ever want to do another small run of something give a holler
here, you might find a few more buyers to work together to get it done.

cheers

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted