Star Wars Flyback Transformer Update

Tim Tewalt

Sep 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/5/95
(Sorry to post this, but my mailer is fussy today and I don't think this
went out to all those intended - Tim)

Hi guys... bad news. Bottom line is, $150 each when ordering a total of 25
flybacks.

As Gregg Woodcock pointed out, Penn Trans of Wingate PA, is no longer in
business... Hell, there's no such thing as Wingate, PA, either for that
matter.

I called the Postmaster in Bellefonte, PA and found that Wingate was
swallowed up by Bellefonte and more importantly, Penn Trans was bought
out by Wintron Inc.

The part number 926862802 from my flyback, matches the Wintron flyback part
number, so I was pretty sure I had found the source. They faxed me a quote
a few days later with a price of $173.13 each on a quantity of ten and $149.83
each on a quantity of twenty-five. *NOT* the deal I was looking for.

So anyway, I have decided not to pursue this any further. If someone else
would like to look into this, you'll find some pertinent information below.

Thanks a lot for your interest, guys. Sorry I wasn't able to come through.

Tim

Flyback Transformer for Amplihone XY monitor:
Atari part number: A201005-01
Type number: 926862802

WinTron Inc.
250 Runville Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823
Phone: (814) 355-1521
FAX: (814) 355-1524

People interested in replacement flyback:

Tim Tewalt tew...@peaks.enet.dec.com
Mike Mushovic mush...@babagi.enet.dec.com
Tony Jones to...@rtd.com
Rich Gopstein gops...@helix.bms.com