Calvin's Quiz #424

Calvin

Jan 31, 2016, 7:10:15 PM1/31/16

1 Prince Charles was born in which year?
2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?
3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?
4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?
5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?
6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?
7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?
10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?

cheers,
calvin

Chris F.A. Johnson

Jan 31, 2016, 10:08:03 PM1/31/16
On 2016-02-01, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1948

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Mary Tudor

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel (and it's a make, not a model)

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?

Plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?

Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?

Manhattan Transfer

> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?

The dose makes the poison

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?

Luzon

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Mark Brader

Feb 1, 2016, 12:17:27 AM2/1/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

Hmm. 1950?

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Mary I.

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear
> in a single Twitter 'tweet'?

144.

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel.

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which
> the blood cells are suspended?

Plasma.

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and
> 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?

Tennyson.

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?

Air Supply?

> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma
> Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?

"You're the Tops"?

> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola
> dosis facit venenum'?

"The dose makes the poison."

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and
> also home to the capital city Manila?

Luzon.
--
Mark Brader | "I do not think about things that I do not think about."
Toronto | "Do you ever think about things that you *do* think about?"

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 1, 2016, 5:29:30 AM2/1/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1954

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Elizabeth I

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a
> single Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood
> cells are suspended?

Plasma

> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis
> facit venenum'?

A single dose should kill

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to
> the capital city Manila?

Luzon

Peter Smyth

Feb 1, 2016, 1:39:34 PM2/1/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?
1949
> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?
Mary Tudor
> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a
> single Twitter 'tweet'?
140
> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?
Edsel
> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood
> cells are suspended?
Plasma
> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge
> of the Light Brigade'?
Tennyson
> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
>
> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the
> Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
>
> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis
> facit venenum'?
>
> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to
> the capital city Manila?

Peter SMyth

Björn Lundin

Feb 1, 2016, 4:33:14 PM2/1/16
On 2016-02-01 01:10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?
1950
> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?
> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?
140
> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?
> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?
Plasma
> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?
> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?
> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Pete

Feb 2, 2016, 3:41:11 PM2/2/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1955

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Victoria

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a
> single Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in
> which the blood cells are suspended?

Plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include
> 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?

Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?

Roxy Music

> 8 Which
> 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa
> and Mickey Mouse?
> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the
> Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?

Pick your poison

> 10 Which is the largest
> Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?

Luzon

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Gareth Owen

Feb 2, 2016, 4:32:20 PM2/2/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1951?

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Liz I

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single
> Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood
> cells are suspended?

Plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of
> the Light Brigade'?

Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?

Manhattan Transfer

> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the
> Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?

Your The Tops

> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis
> facit venenum'?

Like cures like

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to
> the capital city Manila?

Nope

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 2, 2016, 7:02:13 PM2/2/16
In article <5bee47e2-6695-4275...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?
1947

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?
Elizabeth I

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?
140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?
Ford Edsel

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?
plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?
Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
You're the Top

> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?
"This tastes unusu . . ."

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Dan Tilque

Feb 2, 2016, 7:39:12 PM2/2/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1951

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Mary I

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?

plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?

Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?

dose makes the poison

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?

Luzon

--
Dan Tilque

ArenEss

Feb 3, 2016, 12:28:16 PM2/3/16
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:10:14 -0800 (PST), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Prince Charles was born in which year?
1948?
>2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?
Mary of Tudor?
>3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?
140?
>4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?
Edsel?
>5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?
Plasma?
>6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?
Alfred Lord Tennyson?
>7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?
Manhattan Transfer?
>8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?
Cole Porter "You're The Top"
>9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?
One Dose Will Kill?
>10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?
Luzon

>cheers,
>calvin

Aren Ess

Calvin

Feb 7, 2016, 8:37:18 PM2/7/16
On Monday, February 1, 2016 at 10:10:15 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Prince Charles was born in which year?

1948

> 2 Which Queen of England had 5 stepmothers?

Mary [Tudor]

> 3 What is the maximum number of characters that can appear in a single Twitter 'tweet'?

140

> 4 Which car model was named after Henry Ford's son?

Edsel
As Chris pointed out, it was more a make than a model.

> 5 What name is given to the liquid part of blood in which the blood cells are suspended?

Plasma

> 6 Which poet's works include 'The Lady of Shallott' and 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'?

Alfred Lord Tennyson

> 7 Which musical group had a 1977 hit with 'Chanson D'Amour'?

Manhattan Transfer

> 8 Which 1934 song's lyrics include references to Mahatma Gandhi, the Mona Lisa and Mickey Mouse?

You're the Tops [Cole Porter]

> 9 Which toxicological maxim is derived from the Latin 'sola dosis facit venenum'?

The poison is in the dose [or similar]
Giggle points to Marc for "This tastes unusu . . ." :-)

> 10 Which is the largest Philippines island by area, and also home to the capital city Manila?

Luzon

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 424
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 54 Chris Johnson
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 9 55 Aren Ess
0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 7 44 Mark Brader
0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 7 49 Dan Tilque