Calvin's Quiz #166

Calvin

Oct 2, 2011, 9:52:19 PM10/2/11

1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?
2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?
4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?
6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?
7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?
9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?
10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

--

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Oct 3, 2011, 12:25:46 AM10/3/11
"Calvin":
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

Mad Hatter?

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Richie?

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand.

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Palmer.

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Alcoholic. :-)

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

3 million. I hope that was meant to be one of the choices. :-)

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?

"The Simpsons". If you call voice-acting "starring".

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York.

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca-Cola?

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.
--
Mark Brader | "[These] articles should be self-explanatory.
Toronto | If they *don't* explain themselves,

John Masters

Oct 3, 2011, 1:09:36 AM10/3/11
On 2011-10-03 01:52:19 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

Mad Hatter

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Chris DeBurgh

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Arnold Palmer

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Coffee

5

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca Cola

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

robpparker SPAM @foroptusnet.com.aume Rob Parker

Oct 3, 2011, 1:24:08 AM10/3/11
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

The Mad Hatter

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Chris De Burgh

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Jack Nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Aniseed

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

4 million

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?

The Simpsons

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

Atlantic City (?)

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coco Cola (?)

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

Rob

Marc Dashevsky

Oct 3, 2011, 1:29:44 AM10/3/11
In article <op.v2q55...@04233-jyhzp1s.staff.ad.bond.edu.au>, cal...@phlegm.com says...

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?
Mad Hatter

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Bryan Adams [I (think I) know this because it has been asked on rgt so many times.]

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Jack Nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

anise

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

4 million [I'll guess the middle.]

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?

The Simpsons

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca Cola [hence the cocaine]

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Joachim Parsch

Oct 3, 2011, 2:11:46 AM10/3/11
Am 03.10.2011 03:52, schrieb Calvin:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

The Mad Hatter.

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Chris de Burgh.

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand.

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Anis.

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

3 million.

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York.

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Bavarian Beer.

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

New Jersey.

Joachim

Erland Sommarskog

Oct 3, 2011, 3:11:42 AM10/3/11
Calvin (cal...@phlegm.com) writes:
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in
> Wonderland?

The drawing master

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

3 million

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain
> tonic ?

Coca-Cola

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

David

Oct 3, 2011, 5:47:06 AM10/3/11
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

The Mad Hatter.

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Chris De Burgh.

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand.

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Liquorice/Aniseed.

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

Yes.

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy
> series?

The Simpsons.

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York.

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca Cola

Jeffrey Turner

Oct 3, 2011, 9:48:17 AM10/3/11
On 10/2/2011 9:52 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?
The Mad Hatter
> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
Fleetwood Mac
> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?
Madagascar
> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
Arnold Palmer
> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?
Coffee
> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?
5
> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
The Simpsons
> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?
New York, NY
> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?
Coca Cola
> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?
Rhode Island

--Jeff

swp

Oct 3, 2011, 2:18:06 PM10/3/11
Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote in
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in
> Wonderland?

mad hatter

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

chris deburgh

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

new zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

jack nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

licorice

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

the one in florida where 2 of my brothers live has a population around
79000. the one in australia has about 4 million.

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy
> series?

the simpsons

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in
> which US city?

pittsburgh

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed
> as a brain tonic ?

coca cola

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

rhode island

swp

Peter Smyth

Oct 3, 2011, 5:35:56 PM10/3/11

3
>7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
The Simpsons
>8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?
New York
>9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?
Coke
>10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?
Rhode Island

Peter Smyth

Pete

Oct 3, 2011, 6:05:21 PM10/3/11
> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in
> Wonderland?
> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Anise

4

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy
> series?

The Simpsons

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in
> which US city?

New York City

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain
> tonic ?

Coca Cola

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

Pete

Stan Brown

Oct 3, 2011, 7:52:12 PM10/3/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:52:19 +1000, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

Mad Hatter

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

Australia

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Anise

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

4 million

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?

The Simpsons

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York City

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca Cola

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

Chris F.A. Johnson

Oct 3, 2011, 8:25:08 PM10/3/11
On 2011-10-03, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?
> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Jack Nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Licorice

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

Yes

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy series?
> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US
> city?

New York

Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================

Dan Tilque

Oct 4, 2011, 1:31:45 AM10/4/11
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

white rabbit

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Billy Joel

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Jack Nicklaus

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

coffee

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

3 million

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy
> series?
> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coke

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

row die-land (Rhode Island)

--
Dan Tilque

Keeping Pluto dead has taken a lot of work.
-- Mike Brown "How I killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming"

Calvin

Oct 5, 2011, 10:04:54 PM10/5/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 15:29:44 +1000, Marc Dashevsky
<use...@marcdashevsky.com> wrote:

>> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?
> Bryan Adams [I (think I) know this because it has been asked on rgt so
> many times.]

Sure it wasn't a back-packer who told you?

--

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Oct 5, 2011, 10:06:37 PM10/5/11
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:52:19 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:

> 1 Which role did Johnny Depp play in the 2010 film Alice in Wonderland?

The Mad Hatter
10/14

> 2 Who had a No 1 in 1986 with 'The Lady In Red'?

Chris de Burgh
6/14

> 3 In which country did the now extinct moa bird live?

New Zealand
12/14

> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?

Jack Nicklaus
6/14
Arnold Palmer was a common wrong answer, which is a bit odd given the
question didn't mention golf.

> 5 What flavour is Sambuca liqueur?

Anise[ed]
5/14
Liquorice is incorrect sorry.

> 6 Is the population of Melbourne approximately 3, 4 or 5 million?

4 million
5/14

> 7 Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright star in which US TV comedy
> series?

The Simpsons
9/14

> 8 The musical, TV series and movie Fame were all set in which US city?

New York
11/14

> 9 Which world famous product was originally marketed as a brain tonic ?

Coca-Cola
13/14

> 10 Providence is the capital city of which US state?

Rhode Island
12/14

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL Quiz 166
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 5 Chris Johnson
0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 4 Dan Tilque
1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 6 David
0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 Erland S
1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 5 Jeffrey Turner
1 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 5 Joachim Parsch
1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 6 John Masters
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 6 Mark Brader
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 Pete Gayde
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 8 Peter Smyth
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 Rob Parker
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 Stan Brown
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 8 Stephen Perry
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
10 6 12 6 5 5 9 11 13 12 89 64%

Congratulations Marc and Rob.

--

cheers,
calvin

Dan Tilque

Oct 5, 2011, 10:35:58 PM10/5/11
Calvin wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:52:19 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:
>
>> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
>
> Jack Nicklaus
> 6/14
> Arnold Palmer was a common wrong answer, which is a bit odd given the
> question didn't mention golf.

They knew the nickname was that of a golfer, just not which one.

> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL
> Quiz 166
> - - - - - - - - - - --- ----------

> 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 4 Dan Tilque

I got Q4 right, btw.

--
Dan Tilque

Nale: Sabine, find us a lair, somewhere we can hole up for 2 to 3 weeks.
Someplace where no one will notice a teenage schoolgirl bound and gagged.
Sabine: I'll start near the hentai bookstore and work my way out.
-- Rich Burlew, OotS#258

Marc Dashevsky

Oct 5, 2011, 11:35:39 PM10/5/11
In article <op.v2wqq...@04233-jyhzp1s.staff.ad.bond.edu.au>, cal...@phlegm.com says...

Good one, Cal!

Calvin

Oct 6, 2011, 6:17:28 PM10/6/11
On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:35:58 +1000, Dan Tilque <dti...@frontier.com>
wrote:

> Calvin wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:52:19 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 4 Which sportsman was known as The Golden Bear?
>> Jack Nicklaus
>> 6/14
>> Arnold Palmer was a common wrong answer, which is a bit odd given the
>> question didn't mention golf.
>
> They knew the nickname was that of a golfer, just not which one.
>
>> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL
>> Quiz 166
>
>> 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 4 Dan Tilque
>
> I got Q4 right, btw.