Calvin's Quiz #572

Calvin

Aug 27, 2019, 7:11:36 PM8/27/19

1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms? (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)
2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky strategy of 'shooting the moon'?
3 The 2014 album Cheek to Cheek was a collaboration between Tony Bennett and which popular female singer?
4 Which EPL team plays its home games at Goodison Park?
5 In an Olympic final, the fastest qualifier swims in which number lane?
6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR stand for?
7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?
8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?
9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?
10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Aug 27, 2019, 10:42:17 PM8/27/19
"Calvin":
> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms?
> (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)

Uganda?

> 2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky
> strategy of 'shooting the moon'?

Hearts.

> 3 The 2014 album Cheek to Cheek was a collaboration between Tony
> Bennett and which popular female singer?

Beyonce?

> 4 Which EPL team plays its home games at Goodison Park?

Manchester City?

> 5 In an Olympic final, the fastest qualifier swims in which number lane?

4?

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR
> stand for?

Optical character recognition.

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Brazil.

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Malaysia.

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination
> for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?

"Fargo".

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

3?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "The frencited scrivener, I, outspode."
m...@vex.net --Jonathan Buss

Dan Tilque

Aug 28, 2019, 12:52:02 AM8/28/19
On 8/27/19 4:11 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms? (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)
> 2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky strategy of 'shooting the moon'?

Hearts

4

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR stand for?

optical character recognition

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?
> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Thailand

3

--
Dan Tilque

Joe

Aug 28, 2019, 1:09:31 AM8/28/19
On 2019-08-27 23:11:36 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms?
> (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)

Uganda

> 2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky strategy of
> 'shooting the moon'?

Spades

> 3 The 2014 album Cheek to Cheek was a collaboration between Tony
> Bennett and which popular female singer?

k d lang?

> 4 Which EPL team plays its home games at Goodison Park?

Everton

> 5 In an Olympic final, the fastest qualifier swims in which number lane?

5?

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR stand for?

Optical Character Recognition

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Germany?

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Burma?

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for
> his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?

Fargo?

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

Three

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 28, 2019, 3:02:45 AM8/28/19
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms?
> (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)

Uganda

4

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR
> stand for?

Optical Character Recognition

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Germany

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Malaysia

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination
> for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?

No Counrey for Old Men

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

Three

Pete Gayde

Aug 28, 2019, 5:18:42 PM8/28/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two
> terms? (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)

Liberia

> 2 In which trick-taking card game
> might one adopt the risky strategy of 'shooting the moon'?

Hearts

> 3 The
> 2014 album Cheek to Cheek was a collaboration between Tony Bennett and
> which popular female singer?

Lady Gaga

4

> 6 In the context of document scanning,
> what does the acronym OCR stand for?
> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Germany

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Cambodia

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar
> nomination for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?
> 10 How
> many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

3

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Bruce Bowler

Aug 30, 2019, 2:50:45 PM8/30/19
On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 16:11:36 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky
strategy of
> 'shooting the moon'?

hearts

> 5 In an Olympic final, the fastest qualifier swims in which number
lane?

4

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR
stand
> for?

optical character recognition

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

Three

> cheers,
> calvin

Dan Blum

Sep 2, 2019, 8:16:24 AM9/2/19

1

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR stand for?

optical character recognition

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Austria

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Malaysia

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?

Fargo

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

3

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Calvin

Sep 3, 2019, 10:49:52 PM9/3/19
On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 9:11:36 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Milton Obote was President of which African nation for two terms? (1966-1971 and 1980-1985)

Uganda

> 2 In which trick-taking card game might one adopt the risky strategy of 'shooting the moon'?

Hearts
It may also be known by other names so happy to consider appropriately referenced protests

> 3 The 2014 album Cheek to Cheek was a collaboration between Tony Bennett and which popular female singer?

Lady Gaga

> 4 Which EPL team plays its home games at Goodison Park?

Everton

> 5 In an Olympic final, the fastest qualifier swims in which number lane?

4

> 6 In the context of document scanning, what does the acronym OCR stand for?

Optical Character Recognition

> 7 Supermodel Gisele Bundchen hails from which country?

Brazil
Singleton for Mark

> 8 Which country's currency is the ringgit?

Malaysia

> 9 William H Macy received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for his role in which 1996 Coen Brothers film?

Fargo

> 10 How many times did the Apostle Peter deny knowledge of Jesus?

Just the 3

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 572
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 34 Mark Brader
0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 7 32 Dan Blum
1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 5 21 Joe
0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 5 22 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 5 25 Erland S
0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 4 24 Dan Tilque
0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 4 24 Bruce Bowler
3 5 2 2 6 6 1 3 3 7 38 54%

Mark rides his knowledge of supermodels to victory!

cheers,
calvin