CQ #609

Calvin

Aug 16, 2020, 5:16:51 PM8/16/20

1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?
2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?
3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?
4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?
5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?
6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?
7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?
8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?
9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?
10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Aug 16, 2020, 6:06:22 PM8/16/20
"Calvin":
> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

Sandler.

> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?

Johnson.

> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti
> Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

Johnson.

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

Dollar.

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately
> titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic
> hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?

Johnson.

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with
> sternutation?

Sleepy.

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which
> German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic
> era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

Johnson.

> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and
> regulates the metabolic rate?

Pituitary.

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in
> Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or
> Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

Tara.

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K.
> Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares
> its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

"Total Recall".
--
Mark Brader | "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road
Toronto | without having their motives questioned."

Pete Gayde

Aug 16, 2020, 9:55:09 PM8/16/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

Adam Sandler

> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?

Jody Whittaker

> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti
> Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

Green Day

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

Hong Kong Dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an
> album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of
> his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?

Sting

> 6 Which of
> the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?

Sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German
> composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers
> before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

Robert Schumann (definitely not born in 1910)

> 8 Which human
> gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the
> metabolic rate?

Pituitary

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient
> ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally
> inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

Tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K.
Dick short
> story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with
> Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

Face Off

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Dan Tilque

Aug 17, 2020, 12:46:49 AM8/17/20
On 8/16/20 2:16 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?
> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?
> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?
> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

HK Dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?

Clapton

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?

Sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?
> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?

thyroid

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

Tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

Total Recall

--
Dan Tilque

Dan Blum

Aug 17, 2020, 9:28:22 AM8/17/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

Adam Sandler

> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

Guns 'n Roses

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

dollar

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?

Sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

Schubert

Either this is supposed to say 1810 or I know even less about music than I thought.

> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?

pituitary

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

Tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the??Philip K. Dick??short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

Total Recall

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 17, 2020, 2:47:31 PM8/17/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti
> Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

Metallica

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

Dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled
> Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a
> philharmonic orchestra?

Phil Collins

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which
> German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era
> composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

1910? Wasn't the Romantic era about 100 years earlier? I try Schubert.

> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and
> regulates the metabolic rate?

Hypophysis

swp

Aug 17, 2020, 11:55:34 PM8/17/20
On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 5:16:51 PM UTC-4, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

adam sandler

> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?

jody whitaker

> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

guns'n'roses

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

hk dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?

sting

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?

sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

schumann (b. 1810)

> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?

pituitary

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

total recall

> cheers,
> calvin

swp

R. Ess

Aug 18, 2020, 11:00:45 AM8/18/20
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:16:50 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?
Adam Sandler
>2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?
>3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?
Guns & Roses
>4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?
Hong Kong Dollar
>5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?
Sting
>6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?
Sneezy
>7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?
Schumann is the only one I can think of, but he was born in 1810, not
1910, but everything else stated is similar to his life.
>8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?
Pituitary
>9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?
Tara?
>10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?
Total Recall?

ArenEss

>cheers,
>calvin

Bruce Bowler

Aug 18, 2020, 11:39:00 AM8/18/20
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:16:50 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

Sandler

> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?
> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti
Incident
> (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?
> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

Dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled
> Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a
> philharmonic orchestra?

Sting

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with
> sternutation?

Sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which
German
> composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers
> before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?
> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and
regulates
> the metabolic rate?

Pituitary

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland
> where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's
> plantation in Gone With The Wind?

Tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short
> story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold
> Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

Total Recall

> cheers,
> calvin

Calvin

Aug 31, 2020, 9:31:39 PM8/31/20
On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 7:16:51 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who played the title role in the 1996 comedy film Happy Gilmore?

Adam Sandler

> 2 Who is the only actress to have portrayed Dr Who?

Jodie Whittaker

> 3 Which American hard rock band's albums include The Spaghetti Incident (1993) and Chinese Democracy (2008)?

Guns n Roses

> 4 What is the currency unit of Hong Kong?

[HK] Dollar

> 5 In 2010 which UK singer released an album appropriately titled Symphonicities, featuring reinventions of his classic hits backed by a philharmonic orchestra?

Sting

> 6 Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most closely associated with sternutation?

Sneezy

> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?

Robert Schumann
And that should be 1810 sorry as several posters pointed out

> 8 Which human gland produces hormones that promote growth, and regulates the metabolic rate?

Thyroid

> 9 What four-letter word can be an ancient ceremonial hill in Ireland where High Kings were traditionally inaugurated, or Scarlet O'Hara's plantation in Gone With The Wind?

tara

> 10 Which 1990 sci-fi film, loosely based on the Philip K. Dick short story We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, shares its title with Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography?

Total Recall

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 609
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 49 Stephen Perry
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 47 Aren Ess
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 7 37 Pete Gayde
1 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 40 Dan Blum
0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 5 29 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 5 30 Bruce Bowler
1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 26 Mark Brader
0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 13 Erland S
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
6 2 3 8 4 6 5 3 6 6 49 61%

Congratulations Stephen.

cheers,
calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Sep 1, 2020, 2:49:59 PM9/1/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
>> 7 After a hand injury curtailed his career as a pianist, which German
>> composer (b. 1910) became one of the greatest Romantic era composers
>> before dying in a mental asylum at the age of 46?
>
> Robert Schumann
> And that should be 1810 sorry as several posters pointed out
>

> 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 13
> Erland S

It seems that I was awarded a pont on Q7, but I placed my bets on another
Schu, that is Schubert.