Calvin's Quiz #452

Calvin

Aug 10, 2016, 7:44:15 PM8/10/16

1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in which field of the arts?
2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?
3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank Abagnale Jr?
5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?
6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.
7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?
8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?
9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?
10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

cheers,
calvin

Peter Smyth

Aug 10, 2016, 8:27:47 PM8/10/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in
> which field of the arts?
Opera
> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer
> Rick Allen?
Has one arm
> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
Psy
> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of
> Frank Abagnale Jr?
Catch Me If You Can
> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country
> (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?
Democratic Republic of Congo
> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head
> have printed on their T shirts.
Nirvana
> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?
Adam and Eve
> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?
> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?
Elton John
> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

Peter Smyth

Joe

Aug 10, 2016, 10:43:41 PM8/10/16
On 2016-08-10 23:44:12 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in
> which field of the arts?

Opera

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer
> Rick Allen?

One armed

> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank
> Abagnale Jr?

Catch Me If You Can

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country
> (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have
> printed on their T shirts.

Led Zeppelin

> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Madonna and child

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

Lawyer

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Mark Brader

Aug 10, 2016, 11:30:02 PM8/10/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 -- 1921) was best known for his
> achievements in which field of the arts?

Operatic singing.

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard
> drummer Rick Allen?

He's blind?

> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?

Psy.

> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life
> of Frank Abagnale Jr?

"Catch Me If You Can".

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest
> country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India.

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and
> Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.
> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Mary and Jesus.

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

K.

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Don't you think 5 music questions in one quiz is about 4 too many?

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi's profession?

Lawyer.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "You can write a small letter to Grandma
m...@vex.net | in the filename." -- Forbes Burkowski

Chris F.A. Johnson

Aug 11, 2016, 1:08:03 AM8/11/16
On 2016-08-10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 ??? 1921) was best known for his achievements in which field of the arts?

Singing (opera mostly)

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?
> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank Abagnale Jr?

"Catch Me If You Can"

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.
> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Mary and Jesus

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi's profession?

Customs officer

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Marc Dashevsky

Aug 11, 2016, 1:27:21 AM8/11/16
In article <5547b04c-5ee1-4f75...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 ? 1921) was best known for his achievements in which field of the arts?
opera

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?
> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank Abagnale Jr?
Catch Me If You Can

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?
> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.
> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?
Mary and Jesus

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?
Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi?s profession?
law

> cheers,
> calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 11, 2016, 2:57:39 AM8/11/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 ? 1921) was best known for his achievements in
> which field of the arts?

Opera singer

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer
> Rick Allen?

Only one arm

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country
> (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

Kazakhstan (They had a bid for the winter Olympics 2026 though.)

> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Virgin Mary and the child

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton JOhn

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi?s profession?

Teacher

Dan Tilque

Aug 11, 2016, 4:18:59 AM8/11/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in which field of the arts?

singing

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?
> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?
> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank Abagnale Jr?
> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.
> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Mary and Jesus

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

B-12

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Steely Dan

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

--
Dan Tilque

Pete

Aug 11, 2016, 2:50:06 PM8/11/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his
> achievements in which field of the arts?

Opera singer

> 2 What is the
> distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?

Albino

> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?

Psy

> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life
> of Frank Abagnale Jr?
> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the
> largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and
> Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.

Ramones

> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Jesus and Mary

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

Lawyer

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Gareth Owen

Aug 11, 2016, 3:47:52 PM8/11/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in
> which field of the arts?

Singing

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer
> Rick Allen?

He is missing an arm

> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?

Psy

> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of
> Frank Abagnale Jr?

Catch Me If You Can

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country
> (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

Kazakhstan?

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head
> have printed on their T shirts.

AC/DC

> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Madonna & Child

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

B??

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

Lawyer

Calvin

Aug 18, 2016, 9:04:59 PM8/18/16
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:44:15 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Enrico Caruso (1873 – 1921) was best known for his achievements in which field of the arts?

Opera / Singing

> 2 What is the distinguishing physical feature of Def Leopard drummer Rick Allen?

He only has one arm, though albino made me laugh

> 3 Which South Korean rapper made Gangnam Style famous in 2012?

Psy

> 4 Which 2002 Steven Spielberg film detailed the colourful life of Frank Abagnale Jr?

Catch Me If You Can

> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?

India

> 6 Name either of the bands that TV characters Beavis and Butt-head have printed on their T shirts.

AC DC / Metallica
Singleton for Gareth

> 7 What two figures are depicted in a classical Pieta sculpture?

Madonna and Child

> 8 Which vitamin plays a major role in blood clotting?

> 9 Who had a 1973 hit with "Daniel"?

Elton John

> 10 What was Mahatma Gandhi’s profession?

Lawyer

The questions are randomly ordered so the music emphasis was just a coincidence.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 453
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 8 44 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 7 42 Mark Brader
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 45 Joe
1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 6 34 Peter Smyth
1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 6 39 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 6 39 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 6 40 Chris Johnson
1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 5 34 Erland S
1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 23 Dan Tilque
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
9 4 4 6 6 1 8 4 7 5 54 60%

Well done Gareth.

cheers,
calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 19, 2016, 3:44:17 AM8/19/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
>> 5 Following the upcoming Rio games, what will be the largest country
> (by area) never to have hosted an Olympics Games?
>
> India
>
> 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 5 34
> Erland S

Nope, I did not get this one right. I let me by lured by you parenthentical
remark and answered Kazakhstan.

Calvin

Aug 22, 2016, 2:13:50 AM8/22/16
Noted thanks. Revised scores are:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 452
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 8 44 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 7 41 Mark Brader
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 44 Joe
1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 6 34 Peter Smyth