Calvin's Quiz #529

Calvin

Jul 29, 2018, 7:32:15 PM7/29/18

1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?
2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?
3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?
4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other writer?
5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?
6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?
7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?
8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?
9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?
10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest tennis player?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Jul 29, 2018, 8:59:43 PM7/29/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat??located?

Turkey

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

Kiss

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?

Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

carbon dioxide

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Jul 29, 2018, 11:59:58 PM7/29/18
"Calvin":
> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Turkey. And Armenia, I think.

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better
> known by nickname, shared with insects from the order
> Siphonaptera?

Flea.

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born
> in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul.

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to
> the excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakspere. (I think that's how Shaw spelled it. The man himself never
signed his name with the same spelling twice, as far as is known.)

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not
> Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

Iron Maiden?

> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the
> only mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?

Vampire bat?

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel
> (or K) numbers?

Mozart.

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady
> traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV
> show?

"Sesame Street"?

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

Carbon dioxide.

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis
> Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's
> greatest tennis player?

Johnsono.

--
Mark Brader "Great things are not done by those
Toronto who sit down and count the cost

Pete Gayde

Jul 30, 2018, 1:48:02 AM7/30/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Armenia

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better
> known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?
> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in
> the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw,
> the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other
> writer?

Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're
> Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?
> 6 With the scientific name
> Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only mammal that can (arguably) live
> as a parasite?
> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are
> classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?

W. A. Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara
> Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance
> on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of
> the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

Hydrogen

> 10 With two French Open titles
> and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally
> regarded as Italy's greatest tennis player?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Gareth Owen

Jul 30, 2018, 2:02:17 AM7/30/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Syria?

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by
> nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the
> city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the
> excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take
> It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

KISS? Honestly the only "We're Not Gonna Take It" I know is the one at
the end of "Tommy"

> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only
> mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?

No idea

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or
> K) numbers?

Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady
> traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street?

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

Methane

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup
> matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest
> tennis player?

No idea

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 30, 2018, 3:32:56 AM7/30/18
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Armenia

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known
> by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in
> the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the
> excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakespare

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or
> K) numbers?

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

CO2

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup
matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest tennis
player?

Panetta

Peter Smyth

Jul 30, 2018, 7:48:37 AM7/30/18
Calvin wrote:

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?
Jordan

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?
Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?
Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other writer?
Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?
> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?
> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?
Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?
Sesame Street

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?
Carbon Dioxide

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest tennis player?

Peter Smyth

bbowler

Jul 30, 2018, 8:47:48 AM7/30/18
On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 16:32:14 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Turkey

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known
by
> nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the
> city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the
> excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna
Take
> It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

Twisted Sister

> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only
mammal
> that can (arguably) live as a parasite?

Vampire bat

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or
K)
> numbers?

Bach?

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady
traditionally
> makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street

Dan Tilque

Jul 31, 2018, 4:00:05 AM7/31/18
Calvin wrote:
> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Turkey

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Mosquito

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

Saint Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other writer?

Shakespeare

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

The Who

(they aren't American, so the answer's probably wrong, but they did do a
song with the first title.)

> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?
> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?

Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

carbon dioxide

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest tennis player?

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Aug 3, 2018, 12:41:56 AM8/3/18
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 9:32:15 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 In which country is Mount Ararat located?

Turkey
It arguably extends into Armenia so I'll accept that too

> 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael Balzary is better known by nickname, shared with insects from the order Siphonaptera?

Flea

> 3 Which Christian saint was originally known as Saul when born in the city of Tarsus around 5 BC?

[Saint] Paul

> 4 Coined by George Bernard Shaw, the term 'bardolatry' refers to the excessive worship of which other writer?

William Shakespeare
He accepted various spellings, so it's the least I can do :-)

> 5 Which American heavy metal band's hits include 'We're Not Gonna Take It' and 'I Wanna Rock'?

Twisted Sister
Singleton for Bruce

> 6 With the scientific name Desmodus rotundus, what is is the only mammal that can (arguably) live as a parasite?

Vampire Bat

> 7 Which famous composer's musical works are classified by Kochel (or K) numbers?

WA Mozart

> 8 Commencing with Barbara Bush in 1990, the US First Lady traditionally makes a cameo appearance on which children's TV show?

Sesame Street

> 9 Which gas comprises about 96% of the atmosphere of the planet Venus?

Carbon Dioxide

> 10 With two French Open titles and a record 120 wins in Davis Cup matches, who (b. 1933) is generally regarded as Italy's greatest tennis player?

Nicola Pietrangeli
No-one got this. See https://www.tennisfame.com/hall-of-famers/inductees/nicola-pietrangeli/

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 529
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 8 49 Mark Brader
1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 7 38 Bruce Bowler
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 7 47 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 6 40 Erland S