Calvin's Quiz #443

Calvin

Jun 9, 2016, 11:25:11 PM6/9/16
1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?
2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?
3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?
5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?
10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

cheers,
calvin

Chris F.A. Johnson

Jun 10, 2016, 1:08:04 AM6/10/16
On 2016-06-10, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

Stitches

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?

Wembley

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?

March

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?

Bananas

> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Scrabble

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

Revolver

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Mark Brader

Jun 10, 2016, 1:30:49 AM6/10/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit,
> community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay Packers.

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

Stitches.

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both
> the football (soccer) rugby world cups?

(I presume you mean "and" in there.) I'll say Wembley Stadium.

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan.

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?

March.

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?

Orange?

> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?

Estee Lauder?

> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai.

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Scrabble, later called "Scrabble brand Crossword Game".

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

Revolver.
--
Mark Brader "You can't [compare] computer memory and recall
Toronto with human memory and recall. It's comparing

Gareth Owen

Jun 10, 2016, 1:55:02 AM6/10/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit,
> community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

Nope

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the
> football (soccer) rugby world cups?

Stade de France

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?

March

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?

Ba-na-na

> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?

Body Shop

> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Cluedo??

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder
> weapon?

Revolver

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 10, 2016, 3:14:31 AM6/10/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-
> owned NFL team?

Greenbay Packers. Or something like that.

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both
> the football (soccer) rugby world cups?

Stade de France

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milano

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?

Pear

> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?

The Body Shop

> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Monopoly

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder
> weapon?

Revolver

Marc Dashevsky

Jun 10, 2016, 3:34:59 AM6/10/16
In article <a0dfdc16-4124-41ae...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?
Green Bay Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?
stiches

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?
Milan

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
Alcott

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?
> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?
Revolver

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn Lundin

Jun 10, 2016, 1:31:06 PM6/10/16
On 2016-06-10 05:25, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?
> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?
Shirts
> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
Wembly
> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?
Milano
> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
Chennai
> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?
Othello
> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Peter Smyth

Jun 10, 2016, 2:01:32 PM6/10/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit,
> community-owned NFL team?
Green Bay Packers
> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?
Mushroom
> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both
> the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
Not sure it is the answer you are looking for, but Wembley Stadium has
hosted football and rugby league world cup finals.
> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?
Milan
> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
>
> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
Banana
> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
Body Shop
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
Chennai
> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?
Monopoly
> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder
> weapon?
Revolver

Peter Smyth

Pete

Jun 10, 2016, 7:05:04 PM6/10/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit,
> community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

Stitches

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the
> final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?

Stade de France

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan

> 5 What
> is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?

March

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Monopoly

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a
> Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

Revolver

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Dan Tilque

Jun 11, 2016, 2:31:02 AM6/11/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

mushrooms ??

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Scrabble

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

--
Dan Tilque

Gareth Owen

Jun 11, 2016, 1:10:08 PM6/11/16
"Peter Smyth" <smy...@gmail.com> writes:

>> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both
>> the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
>
> Not sure it is the answer you are looking for, but Wembley Stadium has
> hosted football and rugby league world cup finals.

Oh, I wish I'd thought of that.

ArenEss

Jun 16, 2016, 5:33:48 PM6/16/16
On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?
The Green Bay Packers

>2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?
Sewing Stitches?

>3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) rugby world cups?
Wembley?

>4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?
Milan?

>5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?
March?

>6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?
Banana's

>7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?
Estee Lauder?

>8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?
Chennai?

>9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?
Scrabble?

>10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?
Revolver

>cheers,
>calvin

ArenEss

Calvin

Jun 17, 2016, 1:23:07 AM6/17/16
On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 1:25:11 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Wisconsin-based franchise is the only non-profit, community-owned NFL team?

Green Bay / Packers

> 2 Back, Blanket and Button Hole are varieties of what?

[Sewing] Stitch

> 3 What is the only stadium to have hosted the final match of both the football (soccer) "and" rugby world cups?

Stade de France
There is such a thing as the rugby league world cup but [IMHO] the opinion clearly refers to rugby union only. Therefore Wembley Stadium is not accepted.

> 4 Which city is the centre of the Italian fashion industry?

Milan

> 5 What is the four sisters' surname in the 1868 novel "Little Women"?

March

> 6 Which fruit is the favourite food of the Minions film characters?

Banana
And the person who answered "banana's" is very lucky to receive the point!

> 7 Anita Roddick founded which cosmetics chain?

The Body Shop

> 8 What is the modern name of the Indian city of Madras?

Chennai

> 9 Which board game did Alfred Butts invent in the 1940s?

Scrabble

> 10 Which 8 letter word is both a Beatles' album and a Cluedo murder weapon?

Revolver

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 443
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 8 50 Gareth Owen
1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 53 Chris Johnson
1 1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 7 45 Aren Ess
1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 7 49 Mark Brader