Calvin's Quiz #466

Calvin

Dec 1, 2016, 11:50:31 PM12/1/16
1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?
2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?
3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?
4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?
5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?
6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?
7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?
8 What is the capital city of Bali?
9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?
10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

cheers,
Calvin

Mark Brader

Dec 2, 2016, 1:01:35 AM12/2/16
Calvin:
> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly
> Hills, New York and Miami among others?

"Real Housewives"?

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

Tennis?

> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?

Tonsils.

> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

German.

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Galle and d'Arrest, based on the predictions by Adams and Leverrier,
discovered it Neptune.

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

20.

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?

"The Jungle Book"?

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?

Bora Bora?

> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which
> Beethoven symphony?

9th.

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

Potassium Chloride University. :-)
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Accuracy is many ways more important speed."
m...@vex.net | --David Kleinecke

Björn Lundin

Dec 2, 2016, 3:33:29 AM12/2/16
On 2016-12-02 05:50, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?
Housewifes of ...
> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?
Tennis
> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?
> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?
German or English. I think he was in London at the time, so
I go with English
> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?
Uranus
> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?
78
> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?
The Jungle Book
> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?
> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?
9th
> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?
>
> cheers,
> Calvin

Björn

Dan Tilque

Dec 2, 2016, 5:53:51 AM12/2/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?

Real Housewives

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

skiing

> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?
> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

German

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Neptune

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

20

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?

Beauty and the Beast

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?
> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?

9th

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

King's College, London

--
Dan Tilque

Dan Tilque

Dec 2, 2016, 6:01:02 AM12/2/16
Mark Brader wrote:
> Calvin:
>
>> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?
>
> Galle and d'Arrest, based on the predictions by Adams and Leverrier,
> discovered it Neptune.

Nitpicking your nitpick: They actually only used Leverrier's prediction.
Adams sent his to the Astronomer Royal, George Airy.

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Dec 2, 2016, 6:40:47 AM12/2/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

Skiing

> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

German

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Uranus

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

XX (Didn't you ask this recently? Or was that someone else?=

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated
> film?

The Jungle Book. (This also sounds familiar.)

> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven
> symphony?

Ninth

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

Potassium chloride

Pete

Dec 2, 2016, 11:00:28 AM12/2/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly
> Hills, New York and Miami among others?

Real Housewives

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

Tennis

> 3 The disease quinsy is
> inflammation of which part of the human body?

Head

> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

French

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Neptune

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

16

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated
> film?

Jungle Book

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?
> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which
> Beethoven symphony?

9th

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

Kings College London

> cheers,
> Calvin

Pete Gayde

Marc Dashevsky

Dec 2, 2016, 12:05:00 PM12/2/16
In article <d621b32c-e64b-4324...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?
Housewives of . . .

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?
tennis

> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?
> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?
German

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?
Neptune

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?
21

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?
Jungle Book

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?
> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?
9th

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?
>
> cheers,
> Calvin

Mark Brader

Dec 2, 2016, 2:05:25 PM12/2/16
"Calvin":
>>> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Mark Brader:
>> Galle and d'Arrest, based on the predictions by Adams and Leverrier,
>> discovered it Neptune.

Dan Tilque:
> Nitpicking your nitpick: They actually only used Leverrier's prediction.
> Adams sent his to the Astronomer Royal, George Airy.

Ah, so they did. Sorry about that.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Dr. Slipher, I have found your Planet X."
m...@vex.net -- Clyde Tombaugh (1906-97), 1930-02-18

Chris F.A. Johnson

Dec 2, 2016, 8:08:03 PM12/2/16
On 2016-12-02, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?

Big Brother

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

Tennis

> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?

Tonsils

> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

English

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Neptune

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

50

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?

The Jungle Book

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?

Pasar

> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?

9th

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

King's College London

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Calvin

Dec 8, 2016, 9:03:52 PM12/8/16
On Friday, December 2, 2016 at 2:50:31 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which reality TV show has been set in Orange County, Beverly Hills, New York and Miami among others?

The Real Housewives of...

> 2 Head brand goods are primarily associated with which sport?

Tennis

> 3 The disease quinsy is inflammation of which part of the human body?

Tonsils

> 4 In what language was "The Communist Manifesto" written?

German

> 5 Which planet did JG Galle discover it in 1846?

Neptune is the expected answer. Refer to Mark and Dan's comments for more detail.

> 6 How many arrondissements does Paris have?

20

> 7 "The Bare Necessities" is a song from which 1967 Disney animated film?

The Jungle Book

> 8 What is the capital city of Bali?

Denpasar
No one got this.

> 9 The "Ode to Joy" is part of the final movement of which Beethoven symphony?

Ninth / Choral

> 10 Which British university is known by the acronym KCL?

King's College, London
But Potassium Chloride uni made me laugh :-)

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 466
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 8 0 Mark Brader
1 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 0 Pete Gayde
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 6 0 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 6 0 Dan Tilque