calvin's quiz #327

calvin

Nov 7, 2013, 5:23:13 AM11/7/13

1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
5 What goes before a fall?
6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?
7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?
9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be a
leap year?
10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

--
cheers,
calvin

Peter Smyth

Nov 7, 2013, 7:03:10 AM11/7/13
calvin wrote:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
Don Henley
> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
Warning
> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
Clarkson
> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
Sex and the City
> 5 What goes before a fall?
Pride
> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?
Architechture
> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and
> Charmed?
> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?
Golden Fleece
> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will not
> be a leap year?
2100
> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British
> rock band?
Queen

Peter Smyth

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 7, 2013, 8:59:07 AM11/7/13
In article <op.w56cgzew2wood3@homepc>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
Glenn Frey

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
unintentional urination

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
Clarkson

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
Sex in the City

> 5 What goes before a fall?
pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?
architecture

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
Shannon Dougherty

> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?
golden fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be a leap year?
2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?
Queen

swp

Nov 7, 2013, 10:36:47 AM11/7/13
On Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:23:13 AM UTC-5, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

glen frey

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

warning

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

kelly clarkson

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?

sex and the city

> 5 What goes before a fall?

pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?

architecture (of the 1950s)

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?

shannon daugherty

> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

the golden fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be a
> leap year?

2400

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

queen

swp

Mark Brader

Nov 7, 2013, 2:53:56 PM11/7/13
"Calvin":
> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

Go slow?

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

Clarkson.

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?

"Sex and the City".

> 5 What goes before a fall?

Pride.

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?

Architecture.

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?

Doherty?

> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

The golden fleece.

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be a
> leap year?

2100.

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Eurhythmics?
--
Mark Brader, Short words good; sesquipedalian verbalizations undesirable
Toronto, m...@vex.net -- after George Orwell

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 7, 2013, 3:08:14 PM11/7/13
calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

Don Henley

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

Warning

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

Beyoncé

> 5 What goes before a fall?

Pride. At least in Swedish. And in North America, it's obviously a summer.

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?

UFC

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not*
> be a leap year?

2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Queen. (You're including a rock'n'roll question that even Mark Brader
may be able to answer?)

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 7, 2013, 3:11:32 PM11/7/13
Erland Sommarskog (esq...@sommarskog.se) writes:
>> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?
>>

> Queen. (You're including a rock'n'roll question that even Mark Brader
> may be able to answer?)

As it turns out, no.

Rob Parker

Nov 7, 2013, 6:36:29 PM11/7/13
> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

Glen Frey

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

requesting pratique

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
> 5 What goes before a fall?

pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?

boxing (?)

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

the golden fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be a
> leap year?

2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Queen

Rob

Mark Brader

Nov 7, 2013, 8:54:59 PM11/7/13

"Calvin"
>>> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Erland Sommarskog:
>> Queen. (You're including a rock'n'roll question that even Mark Brader
>> may be able to answer?)
>
> As it turns out, no.

No, but I had at least heard of the guy.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto, m...@vex.net
Irving Thalberg's advice on GONE WITH THE WIND:

Jeffrey Turner

Nov 7, 2013, 11:29:54 PM11/7/13
On 11/7/2013 5:23 AM, calvin wrote:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
Caution
> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
> 5 What goes before a fall?
Pride
> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?
Painting
> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?
The Golden Fleece
> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not*
> be a leap year?
2100
> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

--Jeff

Gareth Owen

Nov 8, 2013, 1:52:32 AM11/8/13
calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

Don Henley?

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

Disease

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

Carrie Underwood?

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?

Sex & The City?

> 5 What goes before a fall?

A haughty spirit

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?

Architecture

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?

Tiffany Amber Thiessen?

> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

The Golden Fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not*
> be a leap year?

2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Queen

swp

Nov 8, 2013, 11:54:53 AM11/8/13
isn't it interesting how close the '1' and '4' are on the keypad?

swp

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 8, 2013, 12:52:24 PM11/8/13
In article <6f3587ba-f246-4bf7...@googlegroups.com>, Stephen...@gmail.com says...
My, you *do* have fat fingers!

Pete

Nov 8, 2013, 10:41:22 PM11/8/13
calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in news:op.w56cgzew2wood3@homepc:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

Don Henley

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

Caution

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

Carrie Underwood

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television
> series?

Sex and the City

> 5 What goes before a fall?

Pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?

Art

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

Golden Fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will
> *not* be a leap year?

3000

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Queen

Pete

Dan Tilque

Nov 9, 2013, 4:32:01 AM11/9/13
calvin wrote:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?
> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?
> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?
> 5 What goes before a fall?

pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of
> endeavour?

criminology

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?
> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

golden fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not*
> be a leap year?

2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

--
Dan Tilque

Who needs TV when you can have the whole Internet insulting your
intelligence? -- Ziggy

calvin

Nov 11, 2013, 4:46:52 AM11/11/13
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:23:13 +1000, calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Which former Eagle had a 1984 hit with 'The Heat Is On'?

Glenn Frey

> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?

Disease or similar, but caution was not quite close enough sorry
Well done Gareth.

> 3 Which female singer won the first season of American Idol?

Kelly Clarkson

> 4 The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to which other television series?

Sex and the City

> 5 What goes before a fall?

Pride

> 6 The term Brutalist is chiefly associated with which field of endeavour?

Architecture

> 7 Which actress starred in both Beverly Hills 90210 and Charmed?

Shannon Doherty

> 8 What did Jason and the Argonauts seek?

The Golden Fleece

> 9 What will be the next year that's divisible by four but will *not* be
> a leap year?

2100

> 10 Brian May was the lead guitarist for which British rock band?

Queen

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 327
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 56 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 8 48 Stephen Perry
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 53 Peter Smyth
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 44 Mark Brader
0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 6 36 Gareth Owen
1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 5 36 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 5 38 Rob Parker
0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 3 24 Erland S
0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 3 26 Jeffrey Turner
0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 3 26 Dan Tilque
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
5 1 4 6 9 5 3 9 8 7 57 57%

Nice work Marc.

--
cheers,
calvin

Gareth Owen

Nov 11, 2013, 1:02:10 PM11/11/13
calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

>> 5 What goes before a fall?
>
> Pride

> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 327
> 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 6 36 Gareth Owen

DRS Appeal on Q5!

Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit
before a fall" in the KJV Bible (i.e. the Bible in its original English,
as its known round here)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+16%3A18&version=KJV

http://biblehub.com/proverbs/16-18.htm

Rob Parker

Nov 11, 2013, 4:42:20 PM11/11/13

"calvin" <334...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 2 Waving a yellow flag is an international symbol for what?
>
> Disease or similar, but caution was not quite close enough sorry
> Well done Gareth.
>
> 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 5 38 Rob Parker

Protest! my answer to this question - requesting pratique - was the most
accurate. It's when a vessel flies a yellow flag to request quarantine
and/or customs clearance into a country.

Rob

calvin

Nov 13, 2013, 4:18:06 AM11/13/13
Protest upheld.

--
cheers,
calvin

calvin

Nov 13, 2013, 4:18:22 AM11/13/13

calvin

Nov 13, 2013, 4:19:39 AM11/13/13

Following successful protests by Rob and Gareth:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 327
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 57 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 8 49 Stephen Perry
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 54 Peter Smyth
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 45 Mark Brader