Calvin's Quiz #520

Calvin

May 20, 2018, 11:14:57 PM5/20/18
1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?
2 How many Wimbledon singles titles did Martina Navratilova win?
3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?
4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?
5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?
6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?
7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?
8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?
9 In which country is Farsi the official language?
10 What creatures live in a formicary?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

May 21, 2018, 12:40:31 AM5/21/18
"Calvin":
> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?

Wyndham.

> 2 How many Wimbledon singles titles did Martina Navratilova win?

12?

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastille Day.

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?

Palin.

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

They're forms of pasta.

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is
> classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

Vitamin B.

> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

The Teletubbies.

> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by
> which three words?

Of the East?

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran.

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

Ants.
--
Mark Brader | "The only thing required for the triumph of darkness
Toronto | is for good men not to call Hydro."

Bruce Bowler

May 21, 2018, 9:29:22 AM5/21/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 20:14:56 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?
> 2 How many Wimbledon singles titles did Martina Navratilova win?
> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastille Day

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?

Sara Palin

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

Flour and Egg (they're all pastas)

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

Vitamin B

> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

Teletubbies

> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?

Of The Earth

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

Ants

Dan Blum

May 21, 2018, 9:53:49 AM5/21/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?

John Wyndham

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La f??te nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastille Day

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?

Sarah Palin

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

they are types of pasta

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

B vitamins

> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

Teletubbies

> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?

of the Earth

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official??language?

Iran

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

ants

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Peter Smyth

May 21, 2018, 2:59:24 PM5/21/18

9
> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?
Bastille Day
> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?
John McCain
> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?
Types of pasta
> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?
B vitamins
> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?
Teletubbies
> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?
Of The East?
> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?
Iran
> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?
Ants

Peter Smyth

Dan Tilque

May 21, 2018, 3:41:20 PM5/21/18
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?

Wyndham

4

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastile Day

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?

McCain ?

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

varieties of pasta

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

B vitamins

> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

Teletubbies

> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?

Other Than English

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

ants

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

May 21, 2018, 4:53:53 PM5/21/18

5

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastille Day

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

Different styles of pasta

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified
> as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

Proteins

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran

Pete Gayde

May 24, 2018, 3:21:56 PM5/24/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?

Heinlein

6

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14
> juillet'?

Bastille Day

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir
> titled 'Going Rogue'?

Sarah Palin

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

Pastas

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is
> classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

Vitamin B

> 7 What is the collective
> name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

Teletubbies

> 8 The educational
> acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?
> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

Ants

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

ArenEss

May 25, 2018, 1:30:42 PM5/25/18
On Sun, 20 May 2018 20:14:56 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?
>2 How many Wimbledon singles titles did Martina Navratilova win?
9

>3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?
Bastille Day

>4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?
Sarah Palin

>5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?
Types of Pasta noodles

>6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?
The B Vitamins

>7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?
Teletubbies

>8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?
Of The East

>9 In which country is Farsi the official language?
Iran

>10 What creatures live in a formicary?
Ants

>cheers,
>calvin

ArenEss

Calvin

May 27, 2018, 9:07:46 PM5/27/18
On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 1:14:57 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who wrote the 1951 sci-fi novel 'The Day of the Triffids'?

John Wyndham

> 2 How many Wimbledon singles titles did Martina Navratilova win?

9

> 3 What is the better-known name of 'La fête nationale du 14 juillet'?

Bastille Day

> 4 Which American politician released a 2009 memoir titled 'Going Rogue'?

Sarah Palin

> 5 What connects farfalle, capellini and fusilli?

[all are varieties of] Pasta

> 6 Which group of organic compound and vital nutrients is classified as 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 12?

B Vitamins

> 7 What is the collective name for Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La and Po?

The Teletubbies

> 8 The educational acronym LOTE stands for Languages, followed by which three words?

Other Than English
Singleton for Dan T. I thought this was reasonably widely known but perhaps it is an Australian term?

> 9 In which country is Farsi the official language?

Iran

> 10 What creatures live in a formicary?

Ants

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 520
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 49 Dan Tilque
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 8 52 Aren Ess
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 8 53 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 8 53 Dan Blum