My latest Wiki page

Dan Tilque

Sep 28, 2017, 1:08:39 AM9/28/17
I think I posted a link here to my first Wiki page. If not:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_non-US_cities_with_a_US_namesake

After some false starts with different ideas, I decided to do the same
for Canada. This one went prime time a couple days ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_non-Canadian_cities_with_a_Canadian_namesake

The main problem I had was lack of useful references (books with
etymologies of town names) for several provinces. The ones I missed were
the middle of the country, from Sask to Quebec. There are such books,
but the publishers didn't give Google permission to even give snippet
views of them. Well, I'm not sure if there's one for Quebec, but it
would be in French so it didn't come up in my search. Quebec isn't much
of an issue for this project, though, since half the towns in the
province are named for saints.

Anyway, I have a list of places, mostly in Ontario, for which I'd like
to confirm their suspected etymology. Places like Washington, ON and
Cairo, ON. If anyone has one of these references, I'd appreciate some help.

--
Dan Tilque