RQFTCI03 Game 3 Rounds 7-8: arcade games and planets

Mark Brader

Dec 1, 2020, 12:33:30 AM12/1/20
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2003-02-03,
and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
by members of the Usual Suspects, but have been reformatted and
may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
correct answers in about 3 days.

For further information, including an explanation of the """
notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2020-06-23
companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

I wrote one of these rounds.

* Game 3, Round 7 - Leisure - Arcade Games

Given the name of a classic arcade video game, identify it by number
from whichever page of the 2-page handout it appears on.

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/o3/7/games.pdf

1. Space Invaders.
2. Missile Command.
3. Frogger.
4. Q*bert.
5. Galaga.
6. Zaxxon.
7. Berzerk.
8. Pole Position.
9. Joust.
10. Donkey Kong.
So there were 5 decoys. If you like, decode the rot13 and pick out
those games for fun, but for no points:

11. Fcevag 1.
12. Zf. Cnp-Zna.
13. Qvt Qht.
14. Chapu-Bhg!!.
15. Pneaviny.

* Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space

We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly
should be called a planet, but for purposes of this round the
"""usual""" list of 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.
As there will be 10 questions, you shouldn't be surprised to hear
that some answers will repeat.

1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
to ours?

2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
to the Earth?

3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
"""planet""".

4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
two photographic plates?

5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
the gas giants. Name *all four*.

6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
"""planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
give the answer that was correct in 2003.

9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
Name any one of the three.

10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
"""planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
least circular).

--
Mark Brader Twas unix and the C++
Toronto Did compile and load upon the vax:

Dan Tilque

Dec 1, 2020, 1:40:40 AM12/1/20
On 11/30/20 9:33 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 7 - Leisure - Arcade Games
>
> Given the name of a classic arcade video game, identify it by number
> from whichever page of the 2-page handout it appears on.
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/o3/7/games.pdf
>
> 1. Space Invaders.

12

4

7

> 4. Q*bert.
> 5. Galaga.
> 6. Zaxxon.

13

> 7. Berzerk.
> 8. Pole Position.

11

> 9. Joust.

10

9

> So there were 5 decoys. If you like, decode the rot13 and pick out
> those games for fun, but for no points:
>
> 11. Fcevag 1.
> 12. Zf. Cnp-Zna.
> 13. Qvt Qht.
> 14. Chapu-Bhg!!.
> 15. Pneaviny.
>

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space
>
> We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly
> should be called a planet, but for purposes of this round the
> """usual""" list of 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.
> As there will be 10 questions, you shouldn't be surprised to hear
> that some answers will repeat.
>
> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Venus

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Uranus

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

"""Pluto"""

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Jupiter, Saturn

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Venus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

Mars

--
Dan Tilque

Joshua Kreitzer

Dec 1, 2020, 2:11:29 AM12/1/20
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:0PadndWDIMs5SFjCnZ2dnUU7-
X3N...@giganews.com:

> * Game 3, Round 7 - Leisure - Arcade Games
>
> Given the name of a classic arcade video game, identify it by number
> from whichever page of the 2-page handout it appears on.
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/o3/7/games.pdf
>
> 1. Space Invaders.

12

4

7

> 4. Q*bert.

13

2

1

5

> 8. Pole Position.

11

> 9. Joust.

10

9

8

> 12. Zf. Cnp-Zna.

14

> 13. Qvt Qht.

15

3

1

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space
>
> We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly
> should be called a planet, but for purposes of this round the
> """usual""" list of 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.

> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Venus

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Venue

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Uranus

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

"""Pluto"""

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Jupiter, Saturn

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Saturn; Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Venus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

"""Pluto"""

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Blum

Dec 1, 2020, 10:50:48 AM12/1/20
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 3, Round 7 - Leisure - Arcade Games

> 1. Space Invaders.

12

4

7

> 4. Q*bert.

13

2

6

5

> 8. Pole Position.

11

> 9. Joust.

10

9

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space

> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Venus

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Uranus

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

Pluto

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Saturn and Jupiter

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury and Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Uranus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

Pluto

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Erland Sommarskog

Dec 1, 2020, 1:59:38 PM12/1/20

6

> 8. Pole Position.

11

9

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space
>
> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Venus

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Uranus

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

Neptune

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Saturn, Uranus

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Venus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

Neptune

Bruce Bowler

Dec 1, 2020, 2:15:36 PM12/1/20

2

2

7

> 4. Q*bert.

13

> 5. Galaga.
> 6. Zaxxon.
> 7. Berzerk.
> 8. Pole Position.

11

9

8

> 12. Zf. Cnp-Zna.

14

> 13. Qvt Qht.

15

3

1

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space
>
> We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly should be
> called a planet, but for purposes of this round the """usual""" list of
> 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.
> As there will be 10 questions, you shouldn't be surprised to hear that
> some answers will repeat.
>
> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Mars

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a """planet""".

Saturn

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then using a
> Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the two photographic
> plates?

Uranus, Neptune

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Saturn, Uranus

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites. Name
> it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must give the
> answer that was correct in 2003.

Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south side of
> the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun. Name any one
> of the three.

Venus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their shape is
> from an exact circle. Name any one of the three """planets""" with
> the most eccentric orbits (that is, the least circular).

Venus

Pete Gayde

Dec 2, 2020, 2:33:57 PM12/2/20
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:0PadndWDIMs5SFjCnZ2dnUU7-
X3N...@giganews.com:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2003-02-03,
> and should be interpreted accordingly. All questions were written
> by members of the Usual Suspects, but have been reformatted and
> may have been retyped and/or edited by me. I will reveal the
> correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> For further information, including an explanation of the """
> notation that may appear in these rounds, see my 2020-06-23
> companion posting on "Reposted Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".
>

> I wrote one of these rounds.
>

> * Game 3, Round 7 - Leisure - Arcade Games
>
> Given the name of a classic arcade video game, identify it by number
> from whichever page of the 2-page handout it appears on.
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/o3/7/games.pdf
>
> 1. Space Invaders.

12

> 2. Missile Command.

2; 10

7

> 4. Q*bert.

13

> 5. Galaga.

2; 10

> 6. Zaxxon.

2; 10

> 7. Berzerk.

1; 4

> 8. Pole Position.

8; 11

5

9

5

> 12. Zf. Cnp-Zna.

14

> 13. Qvt Qht.

15

3

1

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space
>
> We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly
> should be called a planet, but for purposes of this round the
> """usual""" list of 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.
> As there will be 10 questions, you shouldn't be surprised to hear
> that some answers will repeat.
>
> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars; Venus

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Mars; Venus

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Saturn

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

Neptune; Uranus

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Saturn, Uranus

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Saturn; Jupiter

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Neptune; Uranus

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

Neptune; Uranus

Peter Gayde

Mark Brader

Dec 4, 2020, 2:10:10 AM12/4/20
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2003-02-03,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... For further information..
> see my 2020-06-23 companion posting on "Reposted Questions from
> the Canadian Inquisition (RQFTCI*)".

> I wrote one of these rounds.

That was the science round.

#12. 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

#4. 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Dan Blum.

#7. 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, Bruce, and Pete.

#13. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Bruce, and Pete.

#2. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum. 3 for Pete.

#6. 4 for Dan Blum.

#5. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

#11. 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland, and Bruce.
2 for Pete.

#10. 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Dan Blum.

#9. 4 for everyone -- Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, Erland, Bruce,
and Pete.

> So there were 5 decoys. If you like, decode the rot13 and pick out
> those games for fun, but for no points:

> 11. Sprint 1.

##8. Joshua and Bruce got this.

> 12. Ms. Pac-Man.

##14. Joshua, Bruce, and Pete got this.

> 13. Dig Dug.

##15. Joshua, Bruce, and Pete got this.

> 14. Punch-Out!!.

##3. Joshua, Bruce, and Pete got this.

> 15. Carnival.

##1. Joshua, Bruce, and Pete got this.

> * Game 3, Round 8 - Science - 9 Planets from Outer Space

> We realize that there """is""" some debate as to what exactly
> should be called a planet, but for purposes of this round the
> """usual""" list of 9 planets in our Solar System will apply.
> As there will be 10 questions, you shouldn't be surprised to hear
> that some answers will repeat.

> 1. On which """planet""" is the length of a day most similar
> to ours?

Mars. (Still true.) 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, Erland, and Bruce.
3 for Pete.

> 2. Which """planet"""'s orbit takes it closest of all """planets"""
> to the Earth?

Venus. (Still true.) 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum, and Erland.
2 for Pete.

> 3. Which was the first """planet""" discovered using a telescope?
> By "discovered" we mean that it was recognized to be a
> """planet""".

Uranus. (Still true.) 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Dan Blum,
and Erland.

> 4. Which """planet""" was discovered by using a telescope to
> photograph the same part of the sky on different nights, then
> using a Blink-Comparator to look for differences between the
> two photographic plates?

Pluto. (Still true, but Pluto..., well, as to that, see the specially
selected signature quote.) 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, and Dan Blum.

See:
http://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/digital/api/singleitem/image/loaselect/25/default.jpg
http://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/digital/api/singleitem/image/loaselect/82/default.jpg

In the second photo, one photographic plate is mounted to the machine
near Clyde Tombaugh's hand, and the other plate to its right.
As he turns the crank, the images are shown alternately to his
eye looking in the eyepiece. If the plates are well matched and
correctly mounted, everything will appear steady except differences
between the two, which will flash.

> 5. The four largest """planets""" in the Solar System are called
> the gas giants. Name *all four*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. (Still true.) 4 for everyone.

> 6. There are also four """planets""" in the Solar System now known
> to have rings around them. Name *any two*.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. (Still true.) 4 for everyone.

> 7. Seven of the nine """planets""" have at least one """known"""
> satellite, or moon. Name the two that do not.

Mercury, Venus. (Still true.) 4 for everyone.

> 8. This was the first """planet""" known to have more than one
> satellite (or moon) orbiting it, and in 2001 it again became the
> """planet""" with the greatest number of """known""" satellites.
> Name it. *Note*: This is a historical question, so you must
> give the answer that was correct in 2003.

Jupiter. 4 for Dan Tilque, Dan Blum, Erland, and Bruce. 2 for Joshua
and Pete.

The title of "most known moons" has passed back and forth between
Jupiter and Saturn at least three times since the original game.
It's been held by Saturn since 2019, with 82 vs. 79 for Jupiter.
It's also been suggested that a new classification of "dwarf moon"
should be created for some of them.

> 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> Name any one of the three.

Venus, Uranus, Pluto. (Still true, but Pluto...) 4 for Dan Tilque,
Joshua, Erland, and Bruce.

> 10. The orbits of the """planets""" are ellipses, but they vary in
> what is called eccentricity; that is, in how different their
> shape is from an exact circle. Name any one of the three
> """planets""" with the most eccentric orbits (that is, the
> least circular).

Mercury, Mars, Pluto. (Still true, but Pluto...) 4 for Dan Tilque,
Joshua, and Dan Blum.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 3 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Art Ent Geo His Lei Sci FOUR
Dan Blum 20 32 8 11 40 36 128
Joshua Kreitzer 7 40 8 8 36 34 118
Pete Gayde 36 8 16 6 21 19 92
Erland Sommarskog 28 0 11 4 8 32 79
Dan Tilque 4 4 4 8 24 40 76
Bruce Bowler -- -- -- -- 16 24 40

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "We feel for you, Pluto, unfortunate morph:
m...@vex.net | You went in a planet and came out a dwarf."

Dan Blum

Dec 4, 2020, 2:48:31 PM12/4/20
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> > 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> > that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> > anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> > side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> > Name any one of the three.

> Venus, Uranus, Pluto. (Still true, but Pluto...) 4 for Dan Tilque,
> Joshua, Erland, and Bruce.

I answered "Uranus" for this.

Mark Brader

Dec 4, 2020, 3:08:48 PM12/4/20
Mark Brader:
> > > 9. Three """planets""" exhibit retrograde rotation. This means
> > > that the pole from which the """planet""" would be seen to rotate
> > > anticlockwise, like the North Pole on Earth, is on the south
> > > side of the """planet"""'s orbital plane as seen from the Sun.
> > > Name any one of the three.
>
> > Venus, Uranus, Pluto. (Still true, but Pluto...) 4 for Dan Tilque,
> > Joshua, Erland, and Bruce.

Dan Blum:
> I answered "Uranus" for this.

Oops, sorry. 4 for Dan Blum also.

Scores, if there are now no errors:

GAME 3 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Art Ent Geo His Lei Sci FOUR
Dan Blum 20 32 8 11 40 40 132
Joshua Kreitzer 7 40 8 8 36 34 118
Pete Gayde 36 8 16 6 21 19 92
Erland Sommarskog 28 0 11 4 8 32 79
Dan Tilque 4 4 4 8 24 40 76
Bruce Bowler -- -- -- -- 16 24 40
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | It is never good to adapt the design to the software;
m...@vex.net | it should be the other way around. --J.A. Durieux