QFTCIUA19 Game 10, Rounds 2-3: Algonquins and tourism

Mark Brader

Sep 20, 2019, 2:07:43 AM9/20/19
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-07-29,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of Unnatural Axxxe and are
used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see
my 2019-01-22 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.

So, you think *your* gang is pretty funny when they get a few
drinks in them? The most famous luncheon group in American history,
the Algonquin Round Table, met daily from 1919 until 1929 at New
York's Algonquin Hotel. Here's a round on those lunchtime wits.

1. The Algonquins had their own "geometric" name for their group.
It was mentioned in the title of the movie about Dorothy
Parker that starred Jennifer Jason Leigh. What did they call
themselves?

2. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you have
finished with the previous one. Guvf Nytbadhva -- cynlrq ol
Yvyv Gnlybe va "Zef. Cnexre naq gur Ivpvbhf Pvepyr" -- jebgr
gur abiry gung cebivqrq gur onfvf sbe gur zhfvpny "Fubj Obng",
nf jryy nf "Tvnag" naq "Fgntr Qbbe". Anzr ure.

3. The Round Table began as a practical joke / roast for Alexander
Woolcott, who at the time held what was arguably the most
prestigious arts-and-literature job in the North American press.
What job?

4. Which one of the Marx brothers was an Algonquin?

5. Playwright Beatrice Kaufman was an Algonquin. So was her more
famous theatrical-legend husband. Name him.

6. One of the most outspoken actresses ever, this Algonquin
accepted her New York Film Critics Award for her role
in Hitchcock's "Lifeboat", with the words "Dahlings, I was
wonderful". Of Hollywood, she asked studio boss Irving Thalberg,
"How do you get laid in this dreadful place?" Name her.

7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

8. Charter Algonquin Harold Ross was one of the famous editors ever.
What publication did he found and edit for decades?

9. Not that interested in the lunches, this legendary sports
columnist was a regular at the Algonquins' Saturday night
poker games. His first name was actually Ringgold. He also
had a famous son with the same first name. Name him.

10. In one of the most succinct reviews ever, Algonquin Dorothy
Parker wrote: "Tonstant Weader fwowed up." Which children's
classic was she referencing?

* Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions

Tripadvisor provides lists of "things to do" for many destinations.
From a sample of these "top attractions", name the North American
city that they're found in (or near). Hint: This round follows
a familiar theme of places visited fairly recently by Brian (of
Unnatural Axxxe).

1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
Site, Assiniboine Park.

2. The Rooms, Quidi Vidi ["kiddy viddy"], George Street.

3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
Franklin Institute.

5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
State Capitol Building.

9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

--
Mark Brader | "... There are three kinds of death in this world.
Toronto | There's heart death, there's brain death, and

Dan Blum

Sep 20, 2019, 9:52:01 AM9/20/19
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.

> 1. The Algonquins had their own "geometric" name for their group.
> It was mentioned in the title of the movie about Dorothy
> Parker that starred Jennifer Jason Leigh. What did they call
> themselves?

Vicious Circle

> 2. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you have
> finished with the previous one. Guvf Nytbadhva -- cynlrq ol
> Yvyv Gnlybe va "Zef. Cnexre naq gur Ivpvbhf Pvepyr" -- jebgr
> gur abiry gung cebivqrq gur onfvf sbe gur zhfvpny "Fubj Obng",
> nf jryy nf "Tvnag" naq "Fgntr Qbbe". Anzr ure.

Edna Ferber

> 3. The Round Table began as a practical joke / roast for Alexander
> Woolcott, who at the time held what was arguably the most
> prestigious arts-and-literature job in the North American press.
> What job?

theater critic for the New York Times

> 4. Which one of the Marx brothers was an Algonquin?

Harpo

> 5. Playwright Beatrice Kaufman was an Algonquin. So was her more
> famous theatrical-legend husband. Name him.

George Kaufman

> 6. One of the most outspoken actresses ever, this Algonquin
> accepted her New York Film Critics Award for her role
> in Hitchcock's "Lifeboat", with the words "Dahlings, I was
> wonderful". Of Hollywood, she asked studio boss Irving Thalberg,
> "How do you get laid in this dreadful place?" Name her.

Talullah Bankhead

> 7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
> grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

Benchley

> 8. Charter Algonquin Harold Ross was one of the famous editors ever.
> What publication did he found and edit for decades?

New Yorker

> 9. Not that interested in the lunches, this legendary sports
> columnist was a regular at the Algonquins' Saturday night
> poker games. His first name was actually Ringgold. He also
> had a famous son with the same first name. Name him.

Ring Lardner

> 10. In one of the most succinct reviews ever, Algonquin Dorothy
> Parker wrote: "Tonstant Weader fwowed up." Which children's
> classic was she referencing?

Winnie-the-Pooh

> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions

> 1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
> Site, Assiniboine Park.

Ottawa

> 2. The Rooms, Quidi Vidi ["kiddy viddy"], George Street.

Vancouver; Halifax

> 3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
> Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

Baltimore

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philadelphia

> 5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa

> 6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

San Diego

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville

> 8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
> State Capitol Building.

Austin

> 9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

Boston

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Bruce Bowler

Sep 20, 2019, 10:58:33 AM9/20/19
On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 01:07:38 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-07-29, and
> should be interpreted accordingly.
>
> On each question you may give up to two answers, but if you give both a
> right answer and a wrong answer, there is a small penalty. Please post
> all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup, based only on
> your own knowledge. (In your answer posting, quote the questions and
> place your answer below each one.) I will reveal the correct answers in
> about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of Unnatural Axxxe and are used
> here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have been retyped
> and/or edited by me. For further information see my 2019-01-22
> companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.

> 7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
> grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

Benchley

> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions
>
> Tripadvisor provides lists of "things to do" for many destinations. From
> a sample of these "top attractions", name the North American city that
> they're found in (or near). Hint: This round follows a familiar theme
> of places visited fairly recently by Brian (of Unnatural Axxxe).
>

> 3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
> Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

Baltimore, MD

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philadelphia, PA

> 5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa, FL

> 6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

San Diego, CA

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville, TN

> 8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
> State Capitol Building.

Austin, TX

> 9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

Boston, MA

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle, WA

Erland Sommarskog

Sep 20, 2019, 11:25:43 AM9/20/19
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions
>
> 1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
> Site, Assiniboine Park.

Ottawa

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philadelphia

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle.

Joshua Kreitzer

Sep 20, 2019, 8:42:49 PM9/20/19
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:2ZydnTDxJ-M38RnAnZ2dnUU7-
X_N...@giganews.com:

> * Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.
>
> The most famous luncheon group in American history,
> the Algonquin Round Table, met daily from 1919 until 1929 at New
> York's Algonquin Hotel. Here's a round on those lunchtime wits.
>
> 1. The Algonquins had their own "geometric" name for their group.
> It was mentioned in the title of the movie about Dorothy
> Parker that starred Jennifer Jason Leigh. What did they call
> themselves?

the Vicious Circle

> 2. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you have
> finished with the previous one. Guvf Nytbadhva -- cynlrq ol
> Yvyv Gnlybe va "Zef. Cnexre naq gur Ivpvbhf Pvepyr" -- jebgr
> gur abiry gung cebivqrq gur onfvf sbe gur zhfvpny "Fubj Obng",
> nf jryy nf "Tvnag" naq "Fgntr Qbbe". Anzr ure.

Ferber

> 3. The Round Table began as a practical joke / roast for Alexander
> Woolcott, who at the time held what was arguably the most
> prestigious arts-and-literature job in the North American press.
> What job?

New York Times theatre critic

> 4. Which one of the Marx brothers was an Algonquin?

Harpo Marx

> 5. Playwright Beatrice Kaufman was an Algonquin. So was her more
> famous theatrical-legend husband. Name him.

George S. Kaufman

> 6. One of the most outspoken actresses ever, this Algonquin
> accepted her New York Film Critics Award for her role
> in Hitchcock's "Lifeboat", with the words "Dahlings, I was
> wonderful". Of Hollywood, she asked studio boss Irving Thalberg,
> "How do you get laid in this dreadful place?" Name her.

Tallulah Bankhead

> 7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
> grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

Benchley

> 8. Charter Algonquin Harold Ross was one of the famous editors ever.
> What publication did he found and edit for decades?

The New Yorker

> 9. Not that interested in the lunches, this legendary sports
> columnist was a regular at the Algonquins' Saturday night
> poker games. His first name was actually Ringgold. He also
> had a famous son with the same first name. Name him.

Ring Lardner

> 10. In one of the most succinct reviews ever, Algonquin Dorothy
> Parker wrote: "Tonstant Weader fwowed up." Which children's
> classic was she referencing?

"Winnie the Pooh"

> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions
>
> Tripadvisor provides lists of "things to do" for many destinations.
> From a sample of these "top attractions", name the North American
> city that they're found in (or near). Hint: This round follows
> a familiar theme of places visited fairly recently by Brian (of
> Unnatural Axxxe).
>
> 3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
> Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

Baltimore

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philadelphia

> 5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa

> 6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

San Diego

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville

> 8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
> State Capitol Building.

Austin

> 9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

Boston

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Tilque

Sep 22, 2019, 4:19:13 AM9/22/19
On 9/19/19 11:07 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.
>
> So, you think *your* gang is pretty funny when they get a few
> drinks in them? The most famous luncheon group in American history,
> the Algonquin Round Table, met daily from 1919 until 1929 at New
> York's Algonquin Hotel. Here's a round on those lunchtime wits.
>
> 1. The Algonquins had their own "geometric" name for their group.
> It was mentioned in the title of the movie about Dorothy
> Parker that starred Jennifer Jason Leigh. What did they call
> themselves?
>
> 2. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you have
> finished with the previous one. Guvf Nytbadhva -- cynlrq ol
> Yvyv Gnlybe va "Zef. Cnexre naq gur Ivpvbhf Pvepyr" -- jebgr
> gur abiry gung cebivqrq gur onfvf sbe gur zhfvpny "Fubj Obng",
> nf jryy nf "Tvnag" naq "Fgntr Qbbe". Anzr ure.
>
> 3. The Round Table began as a practical joke / roast for Alexander
> Woolcott, who at the time held what was arguably the most
> prestigious arts-and-literature job in the North American press.
> What job?

Editor of New Yorker magazine

> 4. Which one of the Marx brothers was an Algonquin?

Harpo

> 5. Playwright Beatrice Kaufman was an Algonquin. So was her more
> famous theatrical-legend husband. Name him.

Benchley

> 6. One of the most outspoken actresses ever, this Algonquin
> accepted her New York Film Critics Award for her role
> in Hitchcock's "Lifeboat", with the words "Dahlings, I was
> wonderful". Of Hollywood, she asked studio boss Irving Thalberg,
> "How do you get laid in this dreadful place?" Name her.

Mae West

> 7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
> grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

Benchley

> 8. Charter Algonquin Harold Ross was one of the famous editors ever.
> What publication did he found and edit for decades?

Vanity Fair

> 9. Not that interested in the lunches, this legendary sports
> columnist was a regular at the Algonquins' Saturday night
> poker games. His first name was actually Ringgold. He also
> had a famous son with the same first name. Name him.
>
> 10. In one of the most succinct reviews ever, Algonquin Dorothy
> Parker wrote: "Tonstant Weader fwowed up." Which children's
> classic was she referencing?

Winnie the Poo

> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions
>
> Tripadvisor provides lists of "things to do" for many destinations.
> From a sample of these "top attractions", name the North American
> city that they're found in (or near). Hint: This round follows
> a familiar theme of places visited fairly recently by Brian (of
> Unnatural Axxxe).
>
> 1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
> Site, Assiniboine Park.

Winnipeg

> 2. The Rooms, Quidi Vidi ["kiddy viddy"], George Street.
>
> 3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
> Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

Baltimore

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philiadelphia

> 5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa

> 6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

San Diego

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville

> 8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
> State Capitol Building.

Austin

> 9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

Boston

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle

--
Dan Tilque

Mark Brader

Sep 23, 2019, 12:20:54 AM9/23/19
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-07-29,
> see my 2019-01-22 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 10, Round 2 - Literature - The Algonquin Round Table.

> So, you think *your* gang is pretty funny when they get a few
> drinks in them? The most famous luncheon group in American history,
> the Algonquin Round Table, met daily from 1919 until 1929 at New
> York's Algonquin Hotel. Here's a round on those lunchtime wits.

In the rather easy original game, this was the hardest round.

> 1. The Algonquins had their own "geometric" name for their group.
> It was mentioned in the title of the movie about Dorothy
> Parker that starred Jennifer Jason Leigh. What did they call
> themselves?

The Vicious Circle. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 2. Please decode the rot13 for this question only after you have
> finished with the previous one. This Algonquin -- played by
> Lili Taylor in "Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle" -- wrote
> the novel that provided the basis for the musical "Show Boat",
> as well as "Giant" and "Stage Door". Name her.

Edna Ferber. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 3. The Round Table began as a practical joke / roast for Alexander
> Woolcott, who at the time held what was arguably the most
> prestigious arts-and-literature job in the North American press.
> What job?

Drama critic for the "New York Times". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 4. Which one of the Marx brothers was an Algonquin?

Harpo (Adolph). 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 5. Playwright Beatrice Kaufman was an Algonquin. So was her more
> famous theatrical-legend husband. Name him.

George S. Kaufman. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 6. One of the most outspoken actresses ever, this Algonquin
> accepted her New York Film Critics Award for her role
> in Hitchcock's "Lifeboat", with the words "Dahlings, I was
> wonderful". Of Hollywood, she asked studio boss Irving Thalberg,
> "How do you get laid in this dreadful place?" Name her.

Tallulah Bankhead. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 7. This charter Algonquin, a legendary humorist, later had a
> grandson who would grow up to write "Jaws". Give their surname.

(Robert, Peter) Benchley. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua,
and Dan Tilque.

> 8. Charter Algonquin Harold Ross was one of the famous editors ever.
> What publication did he found and edit for decades?

The "New Yorker". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 9. Not that interested in the lunches, this legendary sports
> columnist was a regular at the Algonquins' Saturday night
> poker games. His first name was actually Ringgold. He also
> had a famous son with the same first name. Name him.

Ring Lardner. 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 10. In one of the most succinct reviews ever, Algonquin Dorothy
> Parker wrote: "Tonstant Weader fwowed up." Which children's
> classic was she referencing?

A.A. Milne's "The House at Pooh Corner". Any reference to
Winnie-the-Pooh was acceptable. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua,
and Dan Tilque.

> * Game 10, Round 3 - Geography - North American Tourist Attractions

> Tripadvisor provides lists of "things to do" for many destinations.
> From a sample of these "top attractions", name the North American
> city that they're found in (or near). Hint: This round follows
> a familiar theme of places visited fairly recently by Brian (of
> Unnatural Axxxe).

This was the second-easiest round in the original game -- something
that I wouldn't normally mention, except that it was also the
second-easiest of the entire season!

> 1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
> Site, Assiniboine Park.

Winnipeg. 4 for Dan Tilque.

As you should have remembered from QFTCIWSS Game 7, Rounds 7,
posted in October, the CMHR is the first major national museum
*not* located in the Ottawa area.

> 2. The Rooms, Quidi Vidi ["kiddy viddy"], George Street.

St. John's.

> 3. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Fort McHenry National Monument,
> Inner Harbor, Camden Yards.

Baltimore. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 4. Independence Hall, Reading ["redding"] Terminal Market,
> Franklin Institute.

Philadelphia. 4 for everiyone -- Dan Blum, Bruce, Erland, Joshua,
and Dan Tilique.

> 5. Busch Gardens, Ybor ["ee-bor"] City, Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 6. La Jolla ["hoya"] Cove, Balboa Park, USS Midway Museum.

San Diego. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 7. Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville. 4 for everyone.

> 8. LBJ Presidential Library, Congress Avenue Bridge and Bat Colony,
> State Capitol Building.

Austin. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 9. JFK Presidential Library, Freedom Trail, Quincy Market.

Boston. 4 for Dan Blum, Bruce, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.

Seattle. 4 for everyone.

Mt. Rainier is about 60 miles (100 km) from Seattle, but is easily
visible from the city when the weather permits:

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/46/b0/b446b096e7b4c316e8ab5369079150cf.jpg
http://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/b3/2a/f6b32a7cb214e485f3382d2c220dc738.jpg
http://freerangestock.com/sample/71123/skyline-of-seattle-with-mount-rainier.jpg

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 10 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Lit Geo
Dan Blum 40 32 72
Joshua Kreitzer 40 32 72
Dan Tilque 12 36 48
Bruce Bowler 4 32 36
Erland Sommarskog 0 12 12

--
Mark Brader | "As the old saying goes: those who learn history
Toronto | are doomed to watch others repeat it."

Erland Sommarskog

Sep 23, 2019, 4:32:41 PM9/23/19
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
>> 10. Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit, Mt. Rainier.
>
> Seattle. 4 for everyone.
>
> Mt. Rainier is about 60 miles (100 km) from Seattle, but is easily
> visible from the city when the weather permits:

Yes *when*! I have seen Mt. Rainer a few times and it is a very
beautiful sight, but I don't think it is more than five occasions.
And I have been to Seattle / Bellevue a few times.

I had actually never heard of Chihuly Garden. Maybe should give it a
try next time. I will have some free hours to check it out.

Dan Tilque

Sep 24, 2019, 2:28:15 AM9/24/19
On 9/22/19 9:20 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

>> 1. Canadian Museum for Human Rights, The Forks National Historic
>> Site, Assiniboine Park.
>
> Winnipeg. 4 for Dan Tilque.
>
> As you should have remembered from QFTCIWSS Game 7, Rounds 7,
> posted in October, the CMHR is the first major national museum
> *not* located in the Ottawa area.

Well, I didn't remember that, but the name Assiniboine is not a native
name associated with Ottawa. Anything with that name is going to be out
on the prairies: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or Alberta. I chose what I
thought would be the most likely city from those provinces.

--
Dan Tilque