Calvin's Quiz #390

Calvin

Apr 25, 2015, 6:35:13 PM4/25/15
1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?
2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?
3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?
4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?
6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?
8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?
10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Apr 25, 2015, 6:53:33 PM4/25/15
Calvin:
> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

"Peter Pan".

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958
> and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title
> roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII,
> hold during WWII?

Duke of Windsor. :-)

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa, Madagascar.

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Gould?

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza?

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob
> Geldof in 1984?

Bono?

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi.
--
Mark Brader | "...the government is simply a bunch of people we've
Toronto | hired to protect ourselves from thieves and murderers

Peter Smyth

Apr 25, 2015, 7:26:03 PM4/25/15
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow
> up"?
Peter Pan
> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both
> 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective
> title roles?
Brighton Rock
3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward
> VIII, hold during WWII?
Governor of Bermuda
> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?
Madagascar and Africa
> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?
Monza
> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
Jimmy Somerville
> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with
> Bob Geldof in 1984?
Midge Ure
> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?
Ho Chi Minh City

Peter Smyth

Chris F.A. Johnson

Apr 25, 2015, 8:08:03 PM4/25/15
On 2015-04-25, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?

The Quiet American

> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?

Governor of the Bahamas

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Bess

> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Val Kilmer

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Richie

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?

Bono

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Joe

Apr 26, 2015, 1:40:29 AM4/26/15
On 2015-04-25 22:35:12 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958
> and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title
> roles?

The Quiet American

> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward
> VIII, hold during WWII?

Ambassador to ?

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Carmen

> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Val Kilmer

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Ritchie

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob
> Geldof in 1984?

Midge Ure

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 26, 2015, 3:41:05 AM4/26/15
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Carmen

> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

Pete

Apr 26, 2015, 2:01:24 PM4/26/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow
> up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in
> both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the
> respective title roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of
> Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?

Ambassador to the Bahamas

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Carmen

> 5 The Mozambique
> Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Richey

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single
> Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?

Phil Collins

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Björn Lundin

Apr 26, 2015, 3:38:45 PM4/26/15
On 2015-04-26 00:35, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?
Peter Pan?
> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?
> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?
Africa from Madagascar ?
> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?
Monza
> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?
George Michael
> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?
Ho-Chi-Ming city

--
Björn

Marc Dashevsky

Apr 27, 2015, 3:12:50 AM4/27/15
In article <e3f05ad0-287a-4197...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?
Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?
> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?
Madagascar and Africa

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
Val Kilmer

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?
> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
Lionel Ritchie

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?
> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?
Hanoi

Dan Tilque

Apr 27, 2015, 6:08:38 AM4/27/15
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?

Governor of Bermuda

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?
> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?
> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?
> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?

McCartney ?

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

--
Dan Tilque

David B

Apr 28, 2015, 5:04:30 AM4/28/15
1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan.

2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and
2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?
3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII,
hold during WWII?
4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?
5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar.

6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Val Kilmer.

7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza.

8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Richie.

9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob
Geldof in 1984?

Midge Ure.

10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi.

--
David B
http://mr2roc.org/

Rob Parker

Apr 28, 2015, 9:07:05 AM4/28/15
> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and
> 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the
> respective title roles?
> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII,
> hold during WWII?
> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Carmen

> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Africa and Madagascar

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Val Kilmer

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Imola (?)

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Ritchie

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob
> Geldof in 1984?

singer from Ultravox ... Midge Ure

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

Rob

Calvin

May 2, 2015, 4:15:36 PM5/2/15
On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 8:35:13 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which novel begins with the line "All children, except one, grow up"?

Peter Pan

> 2 Which 1955 novel by Graham Greene was adapted to film in both 1958 and 2002, with Audie Murphy and Brendan Fraser in the respective title roles?

The Quiet American

> 3 What official post did the Duke of Windsor, formerly King Edward VIII, hold during WWII?

Governor of the Bahamas
I did not accept Ambassador sorry.

> 4 Which operatic heroine works in a cigarette factory?

Carmen

> 5 The Mozambique Channel separates which two land masses?

Madagascar and [mainland] Africa

> 6 Who portrayed Jim Morrison in the 1991 film The Doors?

Val Kilmer

> 7 Which motor racing circuit lies 16 km northeast of Milan?

Monza

> 8 Who was lead singer of The Commodores from 1968 to 1982?

Lionel Ritchie

> 9 Who co-wrote the Band Aid single Do They Know Its Christmas with Bob Geldof in 1984?

Midge Ure

> 10 What is the capital city of Vietnam?

Hanoi

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 390
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 50 Joe
1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 8 53 Chris Johnson
1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 7 47 Rob Parker
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 51 David Brown