Calvin's Quiz #517

Calvin

Apr 26, 2018, 9:48:43 PM4/26/18
1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three words does CSV stand for?
2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?
3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?
4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?
5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?
6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British singer-songwriter?
7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?
8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?
9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?
10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area 51 located?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Apr 26, 2018, 11:18:12 PM4/26/18
"Calvin":
> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What
> three words does CSV stand for?

Comma-separated values.

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the
> Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Williams.

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title
> character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

"Street Fighter"? (I don't even know if that's a real title.)

> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Jones.

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in
> the blood?

Uric.

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British
> singer-songwriter?

Johnson?

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

Mercury.

> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?

American football?

> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which
> playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?

Aristophanes?

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as
> Area 51 located?

Nevada, I think.
--
Mark Brader | "That would be correct, if it was correct." --Mark Brader
Toronto | "It's amazing how often that's said about my statements."

Dan Blum

Apr 26, 2018, 11:18:57 PM4/26/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three words does CSV stand for?

comma separated values

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Tennessee Williams

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

Timecop

> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Inigo Jones

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?

uric

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

mercury

> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?

football

> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?

Aristophanes

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area 51 located?

Nevada

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Erland Sommarskog

Apr 27, 2018, 2:40:18 AM4/27/18
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What
> three words does CSV stand for?

Comma-separated values

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title
> character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

Timecop

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

Mercury

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as
> Area 51 located?

Nevada

Joe

Apr 27, 2018, 3:13:47 AM4/27/18
On 2018-04-27 01:48:42 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three
> words does CSV stand for?

Comma Separated Value

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the
> Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Tennessee Williams

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title
> character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?
> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Nash

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?

Lactic

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British singer-songwriter?

Cat Stevens

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?
> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?

Basketball

> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright
> (c. 446-386 BC)?

Aristophanes

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area
> 51 located?

Idaho

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Gareth Owen

Apr 27, 2018, 1:55:51 PM4/27/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three
> words does CSV stand for?

Comma Separated Variable

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the
> Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Tennessee Williams

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title
> character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

Kickboxer?

> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Wren?

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the
> blood?

Lactic??

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British
> singer-songwriter?

Cat Stevens (as he was then)

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

Mercury

> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?

Basketball

> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright
> (c. 446-386 BC)?

Aristophanes

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area
> 51 located?

Nevada

Pete Gayde

Apr 28, 2018, 7:55:55 PM4/28/18
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What
> three words does CSV stand for?

Comma Separated Values

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known
> works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo'
> (1951)?

Irving

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the
> title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

X-Men

> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Wren

> 5 Those
> suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?

Uric

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British
> singer-songwriter?

Cat Stevens

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?
> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?
> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which
> playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?

Heroditus

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force
> facility commonly known as Area 51 located?

New Mexico

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Dan Tilque

Apr 28, 2018, 10:21:22 PM4/28/18
Calvin wrote:
> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three words does CSV stand for?
> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Kafka

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?
> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Christopher Wren

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?

uric acid

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British singer-songwriter?
> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

mercury

> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?
> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?
> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area 51 located?

Nevada

--
Dan Tilque

Peter Smyth

Apr 29, 2018, 11:44:36 AM4/29/18
Calvin wrote:

> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three words does CSV stand for?
Comma Seperated Values
> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?
> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?
> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?
> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?
Uric
> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British singer-songwriter?
Cat Stevens
> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?
Mercury
> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?
> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?
> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area 51 located?
Nevada

Peter Smyth

Calvin

May 2, 2018, 7:58:40 PM5/2/18
On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 11:48:43 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 In computing, CSV files are commonly used to store data. What three words does CSV stand for?

Comma-Separated Values

> 2 Which playwright's lesser-known works include 'The Night of the Iguana' (1961) and 'The Rose Tattoo' (1951)?

Tennessee Williams

> 3 Jean-Claude Van Damme and Matt Battaglia have played the title character Luc Devereaux in which film franchise?

Universal Soldier
No fans here clearly.

> 4 Who designed the Banqueting House in London's Whitehall?

Inigo Jones

> 5 Those suffering from gout have elevated levels of which acid in the blood?

Uric

> 6 'Tea for the Tillerman' is a 1970 album by which British singer-songwriter?

Cat Stevens / Yusuf Islam

> 7 Which element has the chemical symbol Hg?

Mercury

> 8 Which team sport features in the 1985 comedy film 'Teen Wolf'?

Basketball

> 9 Clouds', 'Lysistrata' and 'The Frogs' are plays by which playwright (c. 446-386 BC)?

Aristophanes

> 10 In which US state is the Air Force facility commonly known as Area 51 located?

Nevada

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 517
1 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 7 33 Gareth Owen
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 34 Mark Brader
1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 7 34 Dan Blum
1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 5 21 Joe
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 5 28 Peter Smyth
1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3 16 Pete Gayde
0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 3 17 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3 19 Erland S
7 4 0 2 5 4 6 2 4 6 40 50%

Well that was a tough set. Congratulations Gareth, who pips Mark and Dan B by the narrowest possible margin.

cheers,
calvin