calvin's quiz #343 - Animals

calvin

Feb 15, 2014, 7:48:15 PM2/15/14

1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what is
the world's fastest land animal?
2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is the
fastest bird?
3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?
4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
70,000 kilometres each year?
5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to have
existed?
6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?
7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living species
of marsupial?
8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
tentacles reach 40 metres?
9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

--
cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Feb 15, 2014, 10:41:28 PM2/15/14
"Calvin":
> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what is
> the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah.

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is the
> fastest bird?

Swift.

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

Tuna?

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic tern.

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to have
> existed?

Brachiosaurus?

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

Pygmy hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living species
> of marsupial?

Some kangaroo... red kangaroo?

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?
> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

Cloven.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Suspicion breeds confidence."
m...@vex.net -- BRAZIL

swp

Feb 15, 2014, 11:31:11 PM2/15/14
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:48:15 PM UTC-5, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what is
> the world's fastest land animal?

cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is the
> fastest bird?

peregrine falcon?

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

whaleshark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

arctic tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to have
> existed?

blue whale

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

bee hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living species
> of marsupial?

red kangaroo?

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?

nomura's jellyfish

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

seahorse

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

cloven

swp

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 16, 2014, 2:41:10 AM2/16/14
In article <op.xbcm6p1i2wood3@homepc>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what is
> the world's fastest land animal?
cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is the
> fastest bird?
peregrine falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?
great white shark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?
arctic tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to have
> existed?
brachiosaur

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?
hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living species
> of marsupial?
kangaroo

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?
Portuguese man-of-war

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
seahorse

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?
cloven

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 16, 2014, 5:34:10 AM2/16/14
calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds,
> what is the world's fastest land animal?

Gepard

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey
> is the fastest bird?

Pligrim falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

Tuna

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

Brontosaurus

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

Hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?

Chameleon

Rob Parker

Feb 16, 2014, 4:57:57 PM2/16/14
> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what is
> the world's fastest land animal?

cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is the
> fastest bird?

Peregrine Falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

whaleshark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic Tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to have
> existed?

blue whale

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living species
> of marsupial?

red kangaroo

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?
> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

seahorse

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

cloven

Rob

Pete

Feb 17, 2014, 2:42:24 AM2/17/14
calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in news:op.xbcm6p1i2wood3@homepc:

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds,
> what is the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of
> prey is the fastest bird?

Eagle

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of
> fish?
> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual
> migration, about 70,000 kilometres each year?
> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known
> to have existed?

Blue Whale

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of
> bird?

Hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest
> living species of marsupial?
> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and
> have tentacles reach 40 metres?

Portuguese Man of War

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of
> hoofs?

Cloven

Pete

David B

Feb 17, 2014, 6:55:59 AM2/17/14
> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what
> is the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah.

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is
> the fastest bird?

Peregrine Falcon.

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

Whale Shark.

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic Turn.

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

Blue Whale.

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

Bee Humming Bird.

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?

Red Kangaroo.

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?

Lion's Mane Jellyfish?

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

Sea Horse?

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

Cloven.

Dan Tilque

Feb 18, 2014, 1:52:34 AM2/18/14
calvin wrote:

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds,
> what is the world's fastest land animal?

cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey
> is the fastest bird?

peregrin falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

tiger shark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

blue whale

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?

some species of kangaroo, but I don't know which one

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?
> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

non-cleft

--
Dan Tilque

Bruce Bowler

Feb 18, 2014, 11:19:09 AM2/18/14
On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:48:15 +1000, calvin wrote:

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds,
what
> is the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey
is
> the fastest bird?

Peregrine Falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of
fish?

Whale shark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic Tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

Brontosaurus

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of
bird?

Hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
species
> of marsupial?

Kangaroo

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?

Lions Mane

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

Sea horse

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is
> caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

Cloven

Gareth Owen

Feb 18, 2014, 2:29:50 PM2/18/14
calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what
> is the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is
> the fastest bird?

Sea eagle??

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

Whale shark?

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Albatross?

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

Brontosaurus

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

Pygmy wren

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?

Kangaroo

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?

Portuguese Man Of War

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

Seahorse??

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of
> hoofs?

Ungulate

Jeffrey Turner

Feb 23, 2014, 11:18:40 PM2/23/14
On 2/15/2014 7:48 PM, calvin wrote:

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds,
> what is the world's fastest land animal?
Cheetah
> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey
> is the fastest bird?

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?
Sunfish
> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?
Blue whale
> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?
Hummingbird
> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?
Grey kangaroo
> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?
> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail
Sea horse
> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?
Cloven

--Jeff

calvin

Feb 26, 2014, 5:08:23 AM2/26/14
On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:48:15 +1000, calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

Apologies, again, for the delay.

> 1 Capable of accelerating from rest to 100 km/h in three seconds, what
> is the world's fastest land animal?

Cheetah

> 2 Reaching speeds of 300 km/h while in dive mode, what bird of prey is
> the fastest bird?

peregrine Falcon

> 3 Weighing up to 20 tons, what is the largest living species of fish?

Whale Shark

> 4 Which bird is known for making the longest annual migration, about
> 70,000 kilometres each year?

Arctic Tern

> 5 Weighing up to 180 tons, what is the heaviest animal ever known to
> have existed?

Blue Whale

> 6 Weighing just 2 grams, what is the world's smallest species of bird?

[Bee] Hummingbird

> 7 Weighing up to 100 kilograms, what is the world's largest living
> species of marsupial?

[Rd] Kangaroo

> 8 Which species of jellyfish can weigh up to 150 kilograms and have
> tentacles reach 40 metres?

Lion's Mane

> 9 What fish can hold objects in its tail

Seahorse

> 10 Foot and mouth disease is caught by animals with what type of hoofs?

Cloven

I'll happily consider any suitable referenced appeals.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 343
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 75 David Brown
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Bruce Bowler
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Marc Dashevsky
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 71 Stephen Perry
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 71 Rob Parker
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 7 54 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 6 51 Jeffrey Turner
1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 5 45 Mark Brader
1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 4 33 Gareth Owen
1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 4 35 Pete Gayde
1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 28 Erland S
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
11 7 6 7 6 10 9 4 7 8 75 68%

Congratulations David.

--
cheers,
calvin

David B

Feb 26, 2014, 7:06:58 AM2/26/14
"calvin" <334...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:48:15 +1000, calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Apologies, again, for the delay.
<<SNIP>>
> I'll happily consider any suitable referenced appeals.
>

> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB
> Quiz 343
> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 75 David Brown
> 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Bruce Bowler
> 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Marc
> Dashevsky
> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 71 Stephen Perry
> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 71 Rob Parker
> 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 7 54 Dan Tilque
> 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 6 51 Jeffrey
> Turner
> 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 5 45 Mark Brader
> 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 4 33 Gareth Owen
> 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 4 35 Pete Gayde
> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 28 Erland S
> - - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
> 11 7 6 7 6 10 9 4 7 8 75 68%
>

> Congratulations David.

Woohoo, I won one !!!!! :o)

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 26, 2014, 12:58:35 PM2/26/14
In article <op.xbvvr9v82wood3@homepc>, 334...@gmail.com says...
> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 343
> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 75 David Brown
> 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Bruce Bowler
> 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 69 Marc Dashevsky

You gave me undeserved credit for Q3 and Q8.

calvin

Feb 28, 2014, 9:47:04 PM2/28/14
It's nice to bring a bit of happiness into someone's life :-)

--
cheers,
calvin

calvin

Feb 28, 2014, 9:48:22 PM2/28/14
On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 03:58:35 +1000, Marc Dashevsky
<use...@marcdashevsky.com> wrote:

> You gave me undeserved credit for Q3 and Q8.

Thanks Marc. If there are now no errors:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 343
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 73 David Brown
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 9 67 Bruce Bowler
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 70 Stephen Perry
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 9 70 Rob Parker