QFTCIMM16 Game 1, Rounds 9-10: dependencies, Olympic challenge

Mark Brader

Dec 4, 2016, 11:30:25 PM12/4/16
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-19,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories

In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
territory that we describe.

1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
is populated; the capital is The Valley.

3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
activity of the Soufriere volcano.

4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
the population live on the island of Providenciales.

5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
Islands.

6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
prisoner were held here.

8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
department of France, considered by the UN to have been
decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
component of the Eurozone.

9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
by Portugal for over 300 years.

** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round

All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.

* A. Canadian Gold

A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?

A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.

* B. Olympic Movies

Name the novies.

B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.

B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
über-athlete.

* C. Olympic Geography

These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.

C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
Games?

C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
Games?

* D. Historic Olympics

D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
Which city was to have hosted them?

D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
Second World War. Which city was originally to have
hosted them?

* E. Olympic Track Records

E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
set in 2012? Exact answer required.

E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
100 m has stood since 1988.

* F. Olympic Fails

F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
like stink. Died like..."

--
Mark Brader | scanf() is even more complicated and usually does
Toronto | something almost but not completely unlike what

Dan Blum

Dec 5, 2016, 12:05:12 AM12/5/16
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories

> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

American Samoa

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

St. Kitts & Nevis

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Montserrat

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

British Virgin Islands

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Cook Islands

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km?).

Western Sahara

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St. Helena

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Reunion

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macao

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round

> * B. Olympic Movies

> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.

Personal Best

> * C. Olympic Geography

> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Sydney

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Moscow

> * E. Olympic Track Records

> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.

Joyner-Griffith; Budd

> * F. Olympic Fails

> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Lochte

> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

a chink (?)

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Dan Tilque

Dec 5, 2016, 12:52:15 AM12/5/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

American Samoa

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.
>
> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Montserrat

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

British Virgin Islands

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Chatham Islands ?

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Western Sahara

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St Helena

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Reunion

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macau

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>

> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?
>
> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.
>

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
>
> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
>

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Berlin

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

London

--
Dan Tilque

Marc Dashevsky

Dec 5, 2016, 1:46:19 AM12/5/16
In article <YoGdnfvgw_jGcNnF...@giganews.com>, m...@vex.net says...
> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.
American Samoa

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.
>
> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.
St.
Cayman Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.
Macau

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>
> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?
>
> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.
>

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
Personal Best

> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
>

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
Berlin

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?
>
> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?
>

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.
>
> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.
>

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.
>
> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

Joshua Kreitzer

Dec 5, 2016, 2:54:38 AM12/5/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:YoGdnfvgw_jGcNnFnZ2dnUU7-
d3N...@giganews.com:

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

American Samoa

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

Anguilla

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Anguilla

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

Turks and Caicos Islands

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Tokelau

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Western Sahara

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St. Helena

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Reunion

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macau

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>
> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.

"Personal Best"

> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.

"Goldengirl"

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Antwerp (?)

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

Tokyo

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Ryan Lochte

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Peter Smyth

Dec 5, 2016, 11:39:14 AM12/5/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.
Cook Islands
> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.
Anguilla
> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.
Montserrat
> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.
British Virgin Islands
> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.
Niue
> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).
Western Sahara
> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.
St Helena
> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.
Reunion
> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.
Cayman Islands
> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.
Macau

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>

> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?
>
> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.
>

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
>
> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
>

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
Melbourne
> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
Helsinki

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?
Antwerp
> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?
Tokyo

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.
9.69s
> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.
Florence Griffith-Joyner

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.
Ryan Lochte
> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

Peter Smyth

Erland Sommarskog

Dec 5, 2016, 5:25:16 PM12/5/16
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

Guam

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

Virgin Islands

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Montserrat

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

St Kitts and Nevis

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Niué

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Western Sahara

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St Helena

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Réunion

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Bermuda

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macao

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round

All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki

> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Berlin

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

Rome?

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.

9.59

> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Lochte

Pete

Dec 5, 2016, 6:36:33 PM12/5/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:YoGdnfvgw_jGcNnFnZ2dnUU7-
d3N...@giganews.com:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-19,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

Tahiti

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

British Virgin Islands

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Montserrat

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

Turks and Caicos

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Nauru

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Western Sahara

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

Reunion

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Comoros

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macao

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>

> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?

1500 meter run; 500 meter freestyle swimming

> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.
>

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
>
> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
>

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Berlin

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

London; Tokyo

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.

9.79 seconds

> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.

Marlies Gohr

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Lochte

> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Dec 5, 2016, 11:52:14 PM12/5/16
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 2:30:25 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories
>
> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.
>
> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

American Samoa

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

Granada?

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.
>
> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Cook Islands

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Mauritania

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St Helena?

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Mauritius?

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macau

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>

> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?
>
> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.

Birmingham, Bauman

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
>
> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
>

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Berlin

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

London

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.

9.58

> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.

Florence Griffith Joyner
10.49 from memory...

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Lochte

> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

cheers,
calvin

Jason Kreitzer

Dec 6, 2016, 12:02:28 AM12/6/16
Macao

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round
>
> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.
>

> * A. Canadian Gold
>
> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?
>
> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.
>

> * B. Olympic Movies
>
> Name the novies.
>
> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.
"Personal Best"
> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.
"Marathon Man"

> * C. Olympic Geography
>
> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.
>
> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
>
> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?
>

> * D. Historic Olympics
>
> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?
>
> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?
>

> * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.
>
> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.
>

> * F. Olympic Fails
>
> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.
Ryan Lotke

Peter Smyth

Dec 6, 2016, 1:00:45 PM12/6/16
Calvin wrote:

> > E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> > 100 m has stood since 1988.
>
> Florence Griffith Joyner
> 10.49 from memory...

10.49 is the World Record (set at the US Olympic Trials), 10.62 is the
Olympic Record.

Peter Smyth

Mark Brader

Dec 7, 2016, 11:17:51 PM12/7/16
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-19,
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> ** Game 1, Round 9 - Geography - Non-Self-Governing Territories

> In each case, identify the present or former non-self-governing
> territory that we describe.

I note in passing that answers given on various questions on this
round included Comoros, Grenada, Mauritania, Mauritius, Nauru,
and St. Kitts & Nevis, all of which are independent countries.

> 1. Consisting of five main islands and two coral atolls, this
> territory sits in the South Pacific 2,600 miles (4,200 km)
> southwest of Hawaii and 2,500 miles northeast of Australia.
> The main airport is located in Pago Pago.

American Samoa. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Marc, Joshua, and Calvin.

> 2. A British overseas territory located in the Caribbean east
> of Puerto Rico and north of St. Martin. Only the main island
> is populated; the capital is The Valley.

Anguilla. 4 for Joshua and Peter.

> 3. This volcanic Caribbean island in the Lesser Antilles is
> a British Overseas Territory. It has seen a loss of more than
> half its permanent population due to the eruption and continuing
> activity of the Soufriere volcano.

Montserrat. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Peter, Erland, and Pete.

> 4. Consisting of two groups of islands in the northern Caribbean,
> this British Overseas Territory is popular with tourists and
> those looking for an offshore financial haven. The bulk of
> the population live on the island of Providenciales.

Turks and Caicos. 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 5. An island territory governed by New Zealand consisting of three
> coral atolls, Atafu, Nukononu, and Fakaofo. It is still
> sometimes referred to by its older colonial name, the Union
> Islands.

Tokelau. 4 for Joshua.

> 6. A disputed territory in the Maghreb region of North Africa,
> south of Morocco and southwest of Algeria (which both claim
> control over parts of it). One of the most sparsely populated
> regions of the world, with an estimated 500,000 people spread
> over 103,000 sq.mi. (267,000 km²).

Western Sahara. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Joshua, Peter, Erland,
and Pete.

> 7. One of the most remote islands in the world, it is part of
> a 3-island British Overseas Territory along with Ascension and
> Tristan de Cunha. The British used it over the centuries as
> a prison colony; during the second Boer War, 5,000 Boers taken
> prisoner were held here.

St. Helena. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Joshua, Peter, Erland,
and Calvin.

> 8. Formerly a non-self-governing island, it is now an overseas
> department of France, considered by the UN to have been
> decolonized. Located in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar,
> it has been inhabited since the 17th century and is the outermost
> component of the Eurozone.

Réunion. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Joshua, Peter, and Erland.

> 9. This three-island group is a British Overseas Territory in
> the western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica.
> A haven, starting in the 17th century, for pirates, shipwrecked
> sailors, and reportedly deserters from the New Model Army, this
> territory is now one of the world's chief overseas tax havens.

Cayman Islands. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Marc, Joshua, Peter,
and Pete. 3 for Calvin.

> 10. Formerly a non-self-governing territory, now a special
> administrative unit of China, this gambling hub was occupied
> by Portugal for over 300 years.

Macau. 4 for everyone -- Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Marc, Joshua, Peter,
Erland, Pete, Calvin, and Jason.

> ** Game 1, Round 10 - Olympic Challenge Round

> All questions deal with the summer Olympic Games.

This was the hardest round in the original game.

> * A. Canadian Gold

> A1. In which event did Penny Oleksiak win gold?

100 m freestyle (swimming). (In 2016. Accepting 100 m crawl.)

> A2. Name the first athlete in an individual sport to win gold
> for Canada in two successive summer Olympics.

Rosie MacLennan. (Trampoline, 2012 and 2016.)

> * B. Olympic Movies

> Name the novies.

> B1. Mariel Hemingway stars in this 1982 film about a sprinter
> striving to qualify for the 1980 Olympic Games.

"Personal Best". 4 for Dan Blum, Marc, Joshua, and Jason.

> B2. Susan Anton stars in this 1979 science-fiction film
> about a neo-Nazi doctor who turns his daughter into an
> über-athlete.

"Goldengirl". 4 for Joshua.

> * C. Olympic Geography

> These questions refer to the principal city hosting each games.

> C1. What was the southernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Melbourne (1956). 4 for Dan Tilque, Marc, Joshua, Peter, Erland,
Pete, and Calvin.

Followed, in order, by: Sydney, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City, Atlanta.
If the question had been about the winter Olympics, the answer would
have been Nagano, which is farther north than any of the above.

> C2. What was the northernmost host city of the summer Olympic
> Games?

Helsinki (1952). 4 for Dan Tilque, Joshua, Peter, Erland, Pete,
and Calvin.

Followed, in order, by: Stockholm, Moscow, Berlin, Amsterdam.
If the question had included the Winter Olympics, the answer would
have been Lillehammer, and Oslo would be #3 on the list, between
Helsinki and Stockholm.

> * D. Historic Olympics

> D1. The 1916 Olympics were canceled due to the First World War.
> Which city was to have hosted them?

Berlin. 4 for Dan Tilque, Erland, Pete, and Calvin.

Berlin eventually got its Olympics in 1936.

> D2. The 1940 summer Olympics were canceled twice due to the
> Second World War. Which city was originally to have
> hosted them?

Tokyo. (Then Helsinki.) 4 for Joshua and Peter. 2 for Pete.

The 1940 Winter Olympics would have been in Sapporo, and the 1944
Olympics would have been in Cortina d'Ampezzo and London. The
games were eventually held in all five cities, respectively in
1964, 1952, 1972, 1956, and 1948 (and again in 2012).

> * E. Olympic Track Records

> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> set in 2012? Exact answer required.

9.63 s.

> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> 100 m has stood since 1988.

Florence Griffith-Joyner. 4 for Peter and Calvin. 2 for Dan Blum.

> * F. Olympic Fails

> F1. Name the 12-time Olympic medal-winning American swimmer
> who claimed falsely to have been held up at gunpoint in Rio.

Ryan Lochte. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Peter, Erland, Pete, and Calvin.
3 for Jason.

> F2. Finish the quote that got CBC announcer Byron MacDonald into
> hot water with 1,400,000,000 people: "The little 14-year-old
> from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited. Went out
> like stink. Died like..."

"A pig"! (The athlete was swimmer Ai Yanhan.)

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 1 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 4 6 7 8 9 10 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Can His Aud Spo Sci Art Geo Cha SEVEN
Joshua Kreitzer 40 7 28 36 24 20 18 36 24 208
Pete Gayde 24 4 12 32 36 28 18 20 18 176
Marc Dashevsky 32 0 28 27 24 40 8 12 8 171
Dan Blum 32 0 24 16 12 32 11 28 10 155
Peter Smyth -- -- 18 4 28 32 0 28 20 130
Dan Tilque 12 0 12 0 20 32 4 28 12 120
"Calvin" 12 0 22 8 16 20 10 15 20 115
Stephen Perry -- -- 35 40 36 -- -- -- -- 111
Gareth Owen 32 0 20 19 35 -- -- -- -- 106
Bruce Bowler -- -- 16 16 36 -- -- -- -- 68
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 16 0 4 12 0 20 16 68
Björn Lundin 0 0 10 0 0 11 4 -- -- 25
Don Piven -- -- 0 0 24 -- -- -- -- 24
Jason Kreitzer -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 4 7 11

--
Mark Brader "...out of the dark coffee-stained mugs of
Toronto insane programmers throughout the world..."

Mark Brader

Dec 7, 2016, 11:21:23 PM12/7/16
Oops, I forgot to note that Game 1 of this season is over, and
congratulate the winner, JOSHUA KREITZER. So -- slightly belated
congratulations, sir! For more detail, see the standings included
in the previous posting.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Alas, there is NO SUCH THING as 'NO SUCH THING as
m...@vex.net | privileged access.'" -- Alan Silverstein

Calvin

Dec 8, 2016, 8:48:20 PM12/8/16
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 2:17:51 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> > E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
> > 100 m has stood since 1988.

I guess this refers to the *Olympic* record even though it is not explicitly stated in the question. Flo-Jo's *world* record is 10.49 and has stood for almost 30 years.

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/w_100ok.htm

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Dec 8, 2016, 8:55:54 PM12/8/16
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 2:17:51 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> > * E. Olympic Track Records
>
> > E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
> > set in 2012? Exact answer required.
>
> 9.63 s.

I respectfully suggest that whoever wrote this question be taken out and shot.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Dec 8, 2016, 11:53:11 PM12/8/16
Mark Brader:
>>> E2. Name the runner whose record of 10.62 s for the women's
>>> 100 m has stood since 1988.

"Calvin":
> I guess this refers to the *Olympic* record even though it is not
> explicitly stated in the question.

It was the Olympic challenge round, remember?
--
Mark Brader | "I had never thought of Jesus as being
m...@vex.net | a variety of grape plant, but

Mark Brader

Dec 8, 2016, 11:57:20 PM12/8/16
Mark Brader:
>>> * E. Olympic Track Records

>>> E1. What is Usain Bolt's Olympic record time for the 100 m run,
>>> set in 2012? Exact answer required.

>> 9.63 s.

"Calvin":
> I respectfully suggest that whoever wrote this question be taken out
> and shot.

Huh? That is the correct Olympic record for this very high-profile event.
--
Mark Brader "The people have spoken...
Toronto And they must be punished!"

Calvin

Dec 10, 2016, 6:49:49 AM12/10/16
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 2:57:20 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:

> >> 9.63 s.
>
> "Calvin":
> > I respectfully suggest that whoever wrote this question be taken out
> > and shot.
>
> Huh? That is the correct Olympic record for this very high-profile event.

True enough, but no-one (including the athletes themselves) cares about Olympic records (unless they are also world records). The Olympics are all about the medals. Hence it is a very poor question.

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Dec 10, 2016, 6:50:44 AM12/10/16
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 2:53:11 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> Mark Brader:
>
> "Calvin":
> > I guess this refers to the *Olympic* record even though it is not
> > explicitly stated in the question.
>
> It was the Olympic challenge round, remember?

They why did the word appear in the Bolt question? But it's of little consequence.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Dec 10, 2016, 11:31:22 AM12/10/16
"Calvin":
>>> I guess this refers to the *Olympic* record even though it is not
>>> explicitly stated in the question.

Mark Brader:
>> It was the Olympic challenge round, remember?

"Calvin":
> They why did the word appear in the Bolt question?

Well, these things happen.

> But it's of little consequence.

Oh, good.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This is a film of non-stop action
m...@vex.net | and non-start intelligence." --Mark Leeper

Mark Brader

Dec 10, 2016, 11:34:07 AM12/10/16
"Calvin":
>>> I respectfully suggest that whoever wrote this question be taken out
>>> and shot.

Mark Brader:
>> Huh? That is the correct Olympic record for this very high-profile event.

"Calvin":
> True enough, but no-one (including the athletes themselves) cares about
> Olympic records (unless they are also world records).

Are you suggesting that anyone pays attention to track events when
they *aren't* part of the Olympics?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pedantic and
m...@vex.net that's just as good." -- D Gary Grady

Gareth Owen

Dec 10, 2016, 12:02:01 PM12/10/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes: