Calvin's Quiz #567

Calvin

Jul 1, 2019, 12:56:45 AM7/1/19

1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?
2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally "with a fly") is served with what item floating on top?
3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player"?
4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?
5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?
6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?
7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?
8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?
9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?
10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what human activity in movies?

cheers,
calvin

Joe

Jul 1, 2019, 1:15:40 AM7/1/19
On 2019-07-01 04:56:45 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?

The Monster Raving Loony Party

> 2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally "with a fly") is served
> with what item floating on top?

Grape?

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm
> Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers
> must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?

The Knowledge

> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what is
> the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?

The Curragh

> 6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or
> MCAT entry test?

Medicine?

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

It combusts

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

Allergy

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Matel?

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what human
> activity in movies?

Smoking?

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Pete Gayde

Jul 1, 2019, 1:46:47 AM7/1/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord
> Such in 1980?
> 2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally
> "with a fly") is served with what item floating on top?
> 3 Which
> prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only
> the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which
> all black cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in
> London?
> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County
> Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?
> 6
> Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or
> MCAT entry test?

Medicine

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it
> is exposed to air?

Sets on fire

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

Allergies

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Hasbro

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what
> human activity in movies?

Programming

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Mark Brader

Jul 1, 2019, 2:06:12 AM7/1/19
"Calvin":
> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by
> 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?

Monster Raving Loony Party.

> 2 A shot of Sambuca "con la mosca" (literally "with a
> fly") is served with what item floating on top?

Chocolate chip?

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't
> Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John?

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black
> cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in
> London?

"The Knowledge".

Readers might be reassured to understand that "black" refers to the
cabs, not the drivers.

> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County
> Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?

Johnson?

> 6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a
> GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?

Law?

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

Ignition.

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

Allergies.

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Mattel.

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction
> of what human activity in movies?

Computer hacking?
--
Mark Brader "I am taking what you write in the spirit in
Toronto which it is intended. That's the problem."

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 1, 2019, 4:06:07 AM7/1/19
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 2 A shot of Sambuca ?con la mosca? (literally "with a fly") is
> served with what item floating on top?

A cherry

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me
> I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

It catches fire

Dan Blum

Jul 1, 2019, 9:54:24 AM7/1/19
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?

Raving Monster Loony Party

> 2 A shot of Sambuca ???con la mosca??? (literally "with a fly") is served with what item floating on top?

raisin

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?

The Knowledge

> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?

Kilkenny Downs

> 6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?

medicine

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

it ignites

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

allergies

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Mattel

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Bruce Bowler

Jul 1, 2019, 10:14:00 AM7/1/19
On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 21:56:45 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord
> Such in 1980?
> 2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally "with a fly") is
> served with what item floating on top?

Coffee bean

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me
> I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers
> must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?

The Knowledge

> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what
> is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?
> 6 Students hoping to study in
> which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?
> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

It catches fire

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

TB or allergies

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Mattel

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what
> human activity in movies?

Smoking

> cheers,
> calvin

Dan Tilque

Jul 1, 2019, 8:38:17 PM7/1/19
On 6/30/19 9:56 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?
> 2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally "with a fly") is served with what item floating on top?

raisin

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Billy Joel

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?
> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?
> 6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?
> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

bursts into flame

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

TB

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Mattel

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what human activity in movies?

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Jul 7, 2019, 11:06:06 PM7/7/19
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 2:56:45 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which UK 'joke' political party was created by 'Screaming' Lord Such in 1980?

Monster Raving Loony Party

> 2 A shot of Sambuca “con la mosca” (literally "with a fly") is served with what item floating on top?

Coffee bean

> 3 Which prolific artist released the hit 1973 album "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player"?

Elton John

> 4 What is the two-word name of the tests which all black cab drivers must pass in order to gain a licence to work in London?

The Knowledge

> 5 Operating since at least 1727 and located in County Kildare, what is the premier horse-racing track in Ireland?

The Curragh

> 6 Students hoping to study in which discipline might sit a GAMSAT or MCAT entry test?

Medicine

> 7 What happens to a pyrophoric substance when it is exposed to air?

It ignites (or similar)

> 8 A physician would use a scratch test to test for what?

Allergies

> 9 Which company has produced the Barbie doll since 1959?

Mattel Inc.

> 10 The annual 'Hackademy Awards' discourage the depiction of what human activity in movies?

Smoking

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 567
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 36 Joe
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 34 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 7 31 Mark Brader
0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 6 26 Bruce Bowler
0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 4 20 Pete Gayde
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2 12 Dan Tilque
0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 13 Erland S
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
3 2 6 4 2 3 7 4 5 2 38 54%

Joe returns from exile to claim the win.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Jul 9, 2019, 1:32:10 AM7/9/19
I missed #2. Any other errors?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
m...@vex.net | --Franklin Roosevelt

Calvin

Jul 10, 2019, 8:42:39 PM7/10/19
On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 3:32:10 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> I missed #2.

Thanks. It is now a singleton for Bruce.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 567
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 36 Joe
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 34 Dan Blum
0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 6 25 Bruce Bowler
1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 6 29 Mark Brader