QFTCIMM16 Game 2, Rounds 9-10: Irons and fall

Mark Brader

Dec 17, 2016, 12:13:57 AM12/17/16
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-26,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons

2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
questions concern his body of work in film and TV.

1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
Name the novel.

2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
Give that title.

3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
in history?

4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
-- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
instruments.

5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?

6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
or the specific movie.

7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)

8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
the history of capitalism." Name the film.

10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
Name the film.

After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur guveq
dhrfgvba, vs lbh fnvq ur jnf gur cbcr, jr arrq obgu gur cncny anzr
naq gur ahzore. Tb onpx naq fhccyl gurz vs arprffnel.

** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round

In honor of the new season, your categories are:

A. Geography Falls
B. Literature Falls
C. History of Falls
D. Fall TV and Movies
E. Fall Science
F. Sports Falls

* A. Geography Falls

A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
most famous part. On which river can you find them?

A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
the world. In which country can you find it?

* B. Literature Falls

B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
perdition"?

B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
later revived by the author due to public pressure?

* C. History of Falls

C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
about Germany.

C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
the late 18th century.

* D. Fall TV and Movies

D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
"The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?

D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

* E. Fall Science

E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
or minus 1½°?

E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

* F. Sports Falls

F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
American runner.

F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "The problem is that tax lawyers are
m...@vex.net | amazingly creative." -- David Sherman

Dan Blum

Dec 17, 2016, 12:23:12 AM12/17/16
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons

> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.

Sophie's Choice

> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?

Pope Sixtus IV

> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?

The Mission

> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

Die Hard

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> G?rard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

Athos; Aramis

> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

The Lion King

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round

> * A. Geography Falls

> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Congo

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls

> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Lucifer

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls

> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

The Rise and Fall of Nazi Germany

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies

> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

Anthony Hopkins

> * E. Fall Science

> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1???

23 degrees

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

west

> * F. Sports Falls

> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

Wide World of Sports

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Joshua Kreitzer

Dec 17, 2016, 12:28:16 AM12/17/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:uOWdnYGQlaMSVMnFnZ2dnUU7-
TXN...@giganews.com:

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.
>
> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.

"Brideshead Revisited"

> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.

"The French Lieutenant's Woman"

> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.

"Dead Ringers"

> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?

"The Mission"

> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

"Die Hard with a Vengeance"

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)

"Reversal of Fortune"

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

D'Artagnan; Athos

> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

"The Lion King"

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Zambezi

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Satan (?)

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

"The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich"

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

"The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

Anthony Hopkins

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.

Mary Decker Slaney

> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

"Wide World of Sports"

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Tilque

Dec 17, 2016, 3:47:54 AM12/17/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.
>
> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.
>
> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.
>
> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?

Pope Alexander VI
The Lion King

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur guveq
> dhrfgvba, vs lbh fnvq ur jnf gur cbcr, jr arrq obgu gur cncny anzr
> naq gur ahzore. Tb onpx naq fhccyl gurz vs arprffnel.
>

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Nile

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Satan

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?
>

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

23 1/2 degrees

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

due west

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.
>
> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

ABC's Wide World of Sports

(I thought his name was Agony of de Feet...)

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Dec 17, 2016, 5:30:42 AM12/17/16
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.

Never heard of him, but I can make some wild guesses.

> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

D'Artagnan

> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.

Exit Call

(I've a certain film in mind that I have seen, but now I cannot remember
the title exactly and have to make it up to make this a doubly wild
guess. Oh well.)

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Upper Nile

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Dante

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

23°

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

Erland Sommarskog

Dec 17, 2016, 5:42:00 AM12/17/16
Erland Sommarskog (esq...@sommarskog.se) writes:
> Exit Call
>
> (I've a certain film in mind that I have seen, but now I cannot remember
> the title exactly and have to make it up to make this a doubly wild
> guess. Oh well.)

Had to check IMDB. Yes, the film was right. The title was not.

Peter Smyth

Dec 18, 2016, 4:52:09 AM12/18/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-26,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.
>
> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.
Brideshead Revisited
> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.
>
> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?
Pope Gregory IX
> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.
>
> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?
>
> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.
Indiana Jones
> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name any
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)
>
> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?
Aramis, Porthos
> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.
>
> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.
Lion King
> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: On the third
> question, if you said he was the pope, we need both the papal name
> and the number. Go back and supply them if necessary.
>

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?
>
> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?
Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?
Satan
> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?
Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.
>
> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?
>

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?
6 degrees, 9 degrees
> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?
West

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.
Mary Decker
> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

Peter Smyth

Pete

Dec 18, 2016, 3:19:45 PM12/18/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:uOWdnYGQlaMSVMnFnZ2dnUU7-
TXN...@giganews.com:

Die Hard

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)
>
> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

Athos; Porthos

> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.
>
> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

Lion King

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur guveq
> dhrfgvba, vs lbh fnvq ur jnf gur cbcr, jr arrq obgu gur cncny anzr
> naq gur ahzore. Tb onpx naq fhccyl gurz vs arprffnel.
>

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Zambezi; Congo

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Icarus

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.
>

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?
>

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

5 degrees; 8 degrees

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?
>

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.
>
> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

ABC Wide World of Sports

Pete Gayde

Gareth Owen

Dec 18, 2016, 4:13:05 PM12/18/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) writes:

> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.

Brideshead Revisited

> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.

The French Lieutenant's Woman

> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?

Pope *mumble* the *juneteenth*

> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.

Dead Ringers

> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?

Mosquito Coast

> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

Die Hard (franchise)

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)

Reversal of Fortune

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

Athos, Aramis

> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.

Margin Call

> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

The Lion King

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur guveq
> dhrfgvba, vs lbh fnvq ur jnf gur cbcr, jr arrq obgu gur cncny anzr
> naq gur ahzore. Tb onpx naq fhccyl gurz vs arprffnel.
>

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Zambese, Congo

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Lucifer

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?

Gillian Anderson?

> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

Anthony Hopkins

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

22 degrees

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

West

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.

Mary Decker

> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

Wide World of Sports ("The agony of defeat!")

Gareth Owen

Dec 18, 2016, 4:26:12 PM12/18/16
Gareth Owen <gwo...@gmail.com> writes:

>> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
>> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?
>
> Mosquito Coast

Ahhh ... bollocks. I always get The Mosquito Coast and The Mission
muddled up.

Calvin

Dec 18, 2016, 10:06:13 PM12/18/16
On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 3:13:57 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.
>
> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.

Brideshead Revisited

> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.

Silkwood?

> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?

Pope Pius XII

> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.
>
> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?
>
> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

Diehard

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)

Reversal of Fortune

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

D'Artagnan

> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.
>
> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

The Lion King

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Zambezi, Oranga

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela, Colombia

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?
>
> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

Hopkins

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

23

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

West

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.

Decker

> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

Nope

cheers,
calvin

Marc Dashevsky

Dec 19, 2016, 9:26:11 AM12/19/16
In article <uOWdnYGQlaMSVMnF...@giganews.com>, m...@vex.net says...
> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons
>
> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.
>
> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.
>
> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.
The French Lieutenant's Woman

> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?
>
> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.
>
> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?
>
> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.
Die Hard

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)
Reversal of Fortune

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?
>
> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.
>
> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.
Lion King

> After completing the round, please decode the rot13: Ba gur guveq
> dhrfgvba, vs lbh fnvq ur jnf gur cbcr, jr arrq obgu gur cncny anzr
> naq gur ahzore. Tb onpx naq fhccyl gurz vs arprffnel.
>

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round
>
> In honor of the new season, your categories are:
>
> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls
>

> * A. Geography Falls
>
> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?
Congo

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?
Venezuela

> * B. Literature Falls
>
> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?
Satan

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?
Sherlock Holmes

> * C. History of Falls
>
> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.
History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

> * D. Fall TV and Movies
>
> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?
>
> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?
>

> * E. Fall Science
>
> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1?°?
14.5

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?
due west

> * F. Sports Falls
>
> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.
>
> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?
ABC's Wide World of Sports

Mark Brader

Dec 20, 2016, 12:40:57 AM12/20/16
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-09-26,
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

Game 2 is over and GARETH OWEN is the winner. Well done, sir!
Hearty congratulations!

> ** Game 2, Round 9 - Entertainment - Pumping Jeremy Irons

> 2016-09-19 was the birthday of actor Jeremy Irons, who has had a
> long and diverse career in various performance media. The following
> questions concern his body of work in film and TV.

> 1. The role that brought Irons fame was that of Charles Ryder,
> in a 1981 British television adaptation of an Evelyn Waugh novel.
> Name the novel.

"Brideshead Revisited". 4 for Joshua, Peter, Gareth, and Calvin.

> 2. Also in 1981, he had his first major role in a film, based on
> the John Fowles novel of the same title, opposite Meryl Streep.
> Give that title.

"The French Lieutenant's Woman". 4 for Joshua, Gareth, and Marc.

> 3. In another appearance on the small screen, Irons performed in
> the TV series "The Borgias", playing the role of patriarch
> Rodrigo Borgia. By what title is Rodrigo Borgia better known
> in history?

Pope Alexander VI. The name and number were required. 4 for
Dan Tilque.

> 4. Name the 1988 thriller/horror film, directed by David Cronenberg,
> where Irons plays a dual role as identical-twin gynecologists
> -- one of them with a penchant for using bizarre gynecological
> instruments.

"Dead Ringers". 4 for Joshua and Gareth.

> 5. Irons played the Spanish Jesuit priest Father Gabriel opposite
> Robert De Niro in *which film* set in 18th-century South America?

"The Mission". 4 for Dan Blum and Joshua.

> 6. In the third film of this franchise, Irons played antagonist
> Simon Gruber (brother of the villainous Hans Gruber, who was
> played by Alan Rickman in the original film). Name the franchise
> or the specific movie.

"Die Hard", "Die Hard with a Vengeance". 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua,
Pete, Gareth, Calvin, and Marc.

> 7. Irons is one of only 22 actors to win the so-called "Triple
> Crown of Acting" -- an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony. Name *any*
> of the works he won for. (Just the title will do.)

* Tony (actor in a [non-musical] play): "The Real Thing" (1984).
* Oscar (leading actor): "Reversal of Fortune" (1990).
* Emmy (supporting actor): "Elizabeth I" (2005).
* Emmy (voiceover): "The Great War and the Shaping of the Twentieth
Century" (1997); "Great War" was sufficient.
* Emmy (narrator): "Game of Lions", part of "Big Cat Week" (2013);
either title was sufficient.

4 for Joshua, Gareth, Calvin, and Marc.

> 8. In 1998, Irons played a musketeer alongside John Malkovich,
> Gérard Depardieu, and Gabriel Byrne in the movie "The Man in
> the Iron Mask". What was his character's name?

Aramis. 3 for Peter. 2 for Dan Blum and Gareth.

> 9. In this 2011 film about the financial crisis of 2007-8, Irons
> plays John Tuld, the Chairman and CEO of a Wall St. investment
> bank -- who, on being informed that the bank holds potentially
> worthless toxic securities, says: "So, what you're telling me
> is that the music is about to stop, and we're going to be left
> holding the biggest bag of odorous excrement ever assembled in
> the history of capitalism." Name the film.

"Margin Call". 4 for Gareth.

> 10. Irons has also done voice work in animated movies. He provided
> the voice of the villainous brother Scar in a 1994 Disney movie.
> Name the film.

"The Lion King". 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Peter, Pete,
Gareth, Calvin, and Marc.

> ** Game 2, Round 10 - Fall Challenge Round

> In honor of the new season, your categories are:

> A. Geography Falls
> B. Literature Falls
> C. History of Falls
> D. Fall TV and Movies
> E. Fall Science
> F. Sports Falls

> * A. Geography Falls

> A1. Really a great big rapids, the greatest waterfall by
> volume is Inga Falls, of which Livingstone Falls is the
> most famous part. On which river can you find them?

Congo. 4 for Dan Blum and Marc. 2 for Pete and Gareth.

> A2. There is no standard way to measure waterfall height, but
> most experts agree that Angel Falls is the tallest in
> the world. In which country can you find it?

Venezuela. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Erland, Peter, Pete,
Gareth, and Marc. 3 for Calvin.

> * B. Literature Falls

> B1. Who was "Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky,
> with hideous ruin and combustion down, to bottomless
> perdition"?

Lucifer. (In "Paradise Lost" by John Milton; accepting Satan, etc.)
4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Peter, Gareth, and Marc.

> B2. Which literary character seemed to have met his doom by
> being cast off a cliff into Reichenbach Falls, but was
> later revived by the author due to public pressure?

Sherlock Holmes. 4 for everyone -- Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque,
Erland, Peter, Pete, Gareth, Calvin, and Marc.

> * C. History of Falls

> C1. Name William Shirer's 1960 best-selling historical work
> about Germany.

"The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich". 4 for Joshua, Dan Tilque,
Pete, Gareth, Calvin, and Marc.

> C2. Name Edward Gibbon's historical masterpiece, published in
> the late 18th century.

"The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". (The key
words from "Decline" -- not Rise this time! -- onward were required.)
4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Peter, and Marc.

> * D. Fall TV and Movies

> D1. Fall TV: Who plays DSI Stella Gibson in the BBC Drama
> "The Fall", set in Northern Ireland?

Gillian Anderson. 4 for Gareth.

> D2. Fall Movie: Who plays the patriarch of the Ludlow clan in
> the 1994 epic drama "Legends of the Fall"?

Anthony Hopkins. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Gareth, and Calvin.

> * E. Fall Science

> E1. The longer nights of fall are caused by the fact that the
> Earth's axis is not perpendicular to the plane of its
> orbit around the Sun, but is tilted -- by how much, plus
> or minus 1½°?

23.5° (accepting 22-25°). 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Erland,
Gareth, and Calvin.

> E2. At which point of the compass does the Sun set on the evening
> of the fall equinox, as seen from every point on the globe?

West (270°), duh. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Erland, Peter, Gareth,
Calvin, and Marc.

> * F. Sports Falls

> F1. At the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, barefoot South African
> runner Zola Budd may or may not have caused an American
> runner to fall during the women's 3,000 m event. Name the
> American runner.

Mary Decker (now Mary Decker Slaney). 4 for Joshua, Peter, Gareth,
and Calvin.

> F2. Throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, TV viewers in North
> America could see Yugoslavian Vinko Bogotaj ["BO-ga-tie"]
> fall horrifically every week. What show were they watching?

ABC's "Wide World of Sports". (In the opening-title sequence,
as the announcer spoke of "the agony of defeat".) 4 for Dan Blum,
Joshua, Dan Tilque, Pete, Gareth, and Marc.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 2 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 BEST
TOPICS-> Geo Spo Lit Can His Sci Ent Cha SIX
Gareth Owen 28 27 32 0 36 23 30 42 195
Joshua Kreitzer 35 28 28 0 36 21 28 32 187
Dan Blum 28 21 34 0 24 11 14 36 157
Marc Dashevsky 19 24 8 0 24 20 16 32 135
Dan Tilque 32 16 20 4 24 8 8 32 132
Pete Gayde 18 28 12 3 24 6 8 18 108
Peter Smyth 24 16 12 0 16 0 11 24 103
Erland Sommarskog 31 8 8 0 12 16 0 16 91
"Calvin" 23 24 -- -- -- -- 16 27 90
Bruce Bowler 12 20 -- -- -- -- -- -- 32

--
Mark Brader "One should never listen to oneself.
Toronto I mean, who are one to judge?"