Calvin's Quiz #385

Calvin

Mar 23, 2015, 6:56:26 AM3/23/15
1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?
2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?
4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?
5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?
6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?
7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?
8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?
9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?
10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Mar 23, 2015, 9:14:27 AM3/23/15
"Calvin":
> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?

Cayenne.

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?

Johnson?

> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?

Mt. Cook.

> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?

Hedren.

> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?

2000?

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?

Venus.

> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?

Leg before wicket?

> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?

Florence.

> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?

Lee?

> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

"Dune".
--
Mark Brader | "Mechanics, musicians, and programmers all know
Toronto | how to arrange numerous small units into logical
| to move something in a profound way." -- Barry Kort

Peter Smyth

Mar 23, 2015, 2:38:15 PM3/23/15
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?
Cayenne
> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was
> recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
Rebecca Brooks
> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's
> highest mountain?
Mount Doom
> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film
> The Birds?
Hedren
> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?
1986
> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?
Venus
> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?
Leg Bye
> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?
Florence
> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?
Lee
> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the
> best-selling science fiction novel of all time?
Dune

Peter Smyth

Marc Dashevsky

Mar 23, 2015, 3:24:49 PM3/23/15
In article <9cfb87d3-b28e-4f38...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?
Cayenne

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
Brooks

> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?
> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?
Tippi Hendren

> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?
2008

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?
Mars

> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?
> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?
Firenze

> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?
Ang Lee

> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?
Dune

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn Lundin

Mar 23, 2015, 4:48:24 PM3/23/15
On 2015-03-23 11:56, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?
Cayenne
> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?
Peak Mordor?
> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?
> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?
1983
> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?
Venus
> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?
> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?
Venice
> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?
> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Erland Sommarskog

Mar 23, 2015, 6:07:09 PM3/23/15
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?

Cayenne

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was
> recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?

All I remember is that the first name starts with R...

> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?

1979

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?

Venus

> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?

Firenze

> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the
> best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

Dune

Dan Tilque

Mar 23, 2015, 9:34:28 PM3/23/15
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?

Cayenne

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?

Mt Cook

> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?
> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?

1982

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?

Venus

> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?

left behind

> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?
> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?
> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

Dune

--
Dan Tilque

Pete

Mar 24, 2015, 11:13:10 PM3/24/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche
> model?

Cayenne

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun
> newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?
> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's
> highest mountain?

Mt Cook

> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963
> Hitchcock film The Birds?

Tippi Hedren

> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?

1991

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?

Venus

> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the
> abbreviation "LB" stand for?

Leg Bowled

> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?

Florence

> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a
> series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

Dune

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Calvin

Mar 28, 2015, 11:11:18 PM3/28/15
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 8:56:26 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which South American city is also a hot spice and a Porsche model?

Cayenne

> 2 Which flame-haired former editor of Britain's Sun newspaper was recently cleared of phone-hacking charges?

Rebekah Wade / Brooks

> 3 Standing over 3,750m high, what is the name of New Zealand's highest mountain?

Mt Cook

> 4 Which actress played the female lead in the 1963 Hitchcock film The Birds?

Tippi Hendren

> 5 In which year did Prince Andrew marry Sarah Ferguson?

1986

> 6 Which planet comes closest to Earth at its nearest point?

Venus

> 7 On a cricket scorecard, what does the abbreviation "LB" stand for?

Leg Byes

> 8 The Uffizi gallery is located in which Italian city?

Florence

> 9 Who directed the 2005 film Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 10 Which 1965 book by Frank Herbert, the first in a series, is the best-selling science fiction novel of all time?

Dune

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 385
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 37 Peter Smyth
1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 7 36 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 7 36 Pete Gayde
1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 6 29 Marc Dashevsky