Rotating Quiz 183

Pete

May 28, 2015, 5:05:32 PM5/28/15
This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.

The usual rules apply. Include the questions in your reply and add your
answers after each one. I will score the quiz on June 5 and post answers
on June 6.

Scoring will be as follows: most questions will require at least the Make
(manufacturer) of the automobile(s), scoring 1 point each. For those
questions requiring the Model of the automobile, an additional 2 points
will be awarded for a correct answer. This quiz has a maximum of 27 points
available. Some answers may repeat.

1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
Championships, with 38?
2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
Name them for 1 point each.
3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
1934 and still in production today (make and model)?
4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
million sold since 1948?
5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?
6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
(make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
Name it.
7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
over 40 million sold since 1966?
8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
Championships, with 16?
9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?
10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
"muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

Pete

Mark Brader

May 28, 2015, 6:38:04 PM5/28/15
Pete Gayde:
> This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.

Well, then I guess I'm safe from winning. Just as well, I would not
have been able to run RQ 184 anyway, due to being off-net at that time.

> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Ford.

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

Buick, Cadillac, GM, Oldsmobile.

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

Austin Mini.

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
> million sold since 1948?

Chevrolet Impala.

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?

MG B.

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

Chevrolet Corvette.

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

FIAT 500.

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

Ford.

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Chevrolet Volt.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Winning isn't everything, but not trying to win
m...@vex.net | is less than nothing." --Anton van Uitert

Chris F.A. Johnson

May 28, 2015, 7:08:07 PM5/28/15
On 2015-05-28, Pete wrote:
> This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.
>
> The usual rules apply. Include the questions in your reply and add your
> answers after each one. I will score the quiz on June 5 and post answers
> on June 6.
>
> Scoring will be as follows: most questions will require at least the Make
> (manufacturer) of the automobile(s), scoring 1 point each. For those
> questions requiring the Model of the automobile, an additional 2 points
> will be awarded for a correct answer. This quiz has a maximum of 27 points
> available. Some answers may repeat.
>
> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Pontiac

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

Chevrolet Suburban

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
> million sold since 1948?

Honda Civic

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?

Sunbeam Alpine

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

Mustang

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

Toyota Corolla

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

Ferrari

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Nissan Leaf

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

Ford Thunderbolt

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Dan Blum

May 28, 2015, 7:20:08 PM5/28/15
Pete <pag...@wowway.com> wrote:

> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Ford

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

Saturn, Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

Ford Mustang

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

Toyota Camry

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

Ferrari

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Chevrolet Volt

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

Ford Mustang

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

swp

May 28, 2015, 7:40:22 PM5/28/15
On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 5:05:32 PM UTC-4, Pete wrote:
> This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.
>
> The usual rules apply. Include the questions in your reply and add your
> answers after each one. I will score the quiz on June 5 and post answers
> on June 6.

d-day. good choice.

> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

chevy

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

buick, cadillac, chevrolet, gmc

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

volkswagen beetle

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
> million sold since 1948?

toyota corolla

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?

chevy bel air convertible

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

chevy mustang

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

toyota corolla

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

fiat

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

chevy volt

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

pontiac gto

swp

Calvin

May 28, 2015, 7:57:50 PM5/28/15
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 7:05:32 AM UTC+10, Pete wrote:

> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Ford

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

Pontiac
Opel
Hummer
Chevrolet

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

Volkswagon Beetle

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
> million sold since 1948?

John Deere tractor?

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?
>
> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

Ford Edsel

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

Toyota Carolla

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

Ferrari

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Toyota Prius

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

E type Jaguar?

cheers,
calvin

Marc Dashevsky

May 29, 2015, 3:18:03 AM5/29/15
In article <XnsA4A8A3AFA625Apa...@94.75.214.39>, pag...@wowway.com says...

> This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.
>
> The usual rules apply. Include the questions in your reply and add your
> answers after each one. I will score the quiz on June 5 and post answers
> on June 6.
>
> Scoring will be as follows: most questions will require at least the Make
> (manufacturer) of the automobile(s), scoring 1 point each. For those
> questions requiring the Model of the automobile, an additional 2 points
> will be awarded for a correct answer. This quiz has a maximum of 27 points
> available. Some answers may repeat.
>
> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?
> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.
GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?
> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with 34
> million sold since 1948?
> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?
Citroen 2CV

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.
Ford Thunderbird

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?
> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?
> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?
> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.
Pontiac GTO

> Pete

David B

May 29, 2015, 7:06:29 AM5/29/15
> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Ford?

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the
> USA.
> Name them for 1 point each.

Chevrolet
Cadillac
GMC
Buick.

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

VW Beetle?

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA, with
> 34
> million sold since 1948?

No idea.

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and model)
> driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?

Sunbeam Alpine.

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's name
> (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah, and Colt.
> Name it.

Ford Capri?

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model), with
> over 40 million sold since 1966?

Toyota Corolla?

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World
> Constructor's
> Championships, with 16?

Mercedes?

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in
> the
> world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Well I'd imagine it would be one of the few Milk Floats but that doesn't
work with all the other information you've given so I'll guess at the Nissan
Leaf.

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the first
> "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford, Chrysler,
> General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

I always thought it was the AC Cobra, but that was before that (1962 I
think).

--
David B
http://mr2roc.org/

Erland Sommarskog

May 29, 2015, 5:59:15 PM5/29/15
Pete (pag...@wowway.com) writes:
> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Ford

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing of
> several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in the
> USA. Name them for 1 point each.

Chevrolet, Pontiac, Cadillac,

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made in
> 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

Citroën 2CV

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World
> Constructor's Championships, with 16?

Ferrrari

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model) in
> the world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Tesla

Pete

Jun 6, 2015, 5:43:47 PM6/6/15
Pete <pag...@wowway.com> wrote in

> This quiz is about automobiles of many sorts.
>
> The usual rules apply. Include the questions in your reply and add
> your answers after each one. I will score the quiz on June 5 and post
> answers on June 6.
>
> Scoring will be as follows: most questions will require at least the
> Make (manufacturer) of the automobile(s), scoring 1 point each. For
> those questions requiring the Model of the automobile, an additional 2
> points will be awarded for a correct answer. This quiz has a maximum
> of 27 points available. Some answers may repeat.
>
> 1. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most NASCAR Manufacturer's
> Championships, with 38?

Chevrolet (singleton for Stephen)

> 2. After emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009 and the closing
> of several brands, General Motors is left with 4 Divisions (makes) in
> the USA. Name them for 1 point each.

Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC

> 3. What is the longest continuously made car in the world, first made
> in 1934 and still in production today (make and model)?

Chevrolet Suburban (singleton for Chris)

> 4. What is the highest selling vehicle (make and model) in the USA,
> with 34 million sold since 1948?

Ford F-Series truck

> 5. The Aston Martin DB5 is the most famous car used in the James Bond
> movies, but it was not the first. What is the first car (make and
> model) driven by James Bond (in "Dr. No")?

Chevrolet Bel Air (singleton for Stephen). 007 drives the Sunbeam
Alpine later in the movie.

> 6. Before finally settling on a name, choices for this famous car's
> name (make and model) included Cougar, Torino, Bronco, Puma, Cheetah,
> and Colt. Name it.

Ford Mustang

> 7. What is the highest selling vehicle in the world (make and model),
> with over 40 million sold since 1966?

Toyota Corolla

> 8. Which manufacturer (make) has won the most Formula 1 World
> Constructor's Championships, with 16?

Ferrari

> 9. What is the highest selling all-electric vehicle (make and model)
> in the world, with approximately 158,000 sold since 2010?

Nissan Leaf

> 10. This 1964 car (make and model) is generally considered to be the
> first "muscle car" and started the trend of all 4 automakers (Ford,
> Chrysler, General Motors, American Motors) offering competing models.

Pontiac GTO

SCORES:

Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total
------- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -----
Mark 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Chris 0 3 3 0 0 2 3 1 3 0 15
Dan 0 3 0 0 0 3 1 1 0 0 8
Stephen 1 4 0 0 3 2 3 0 0 3 16
Calvin 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 1 0 0 6
Marc 0 4 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 8
David 0 4 0 0 0 1 3 0 3 0 11
Erland 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

Stephen is the narrow winner (despite ascribing the Mustang to
Chevrolet). There would have been a tie had Chris included "Ford" as
the make for the Mustang.

Congratulations to you, Stephen! RQ 184 is yours.

Pete

swp

Jun 6, 2015, 6:13:50 PM6/6/15
On Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 5:43:47 PM UTC-4, Pete wrote:
> Congratulations to you, Stephen! RQ 184 is yours.

thank you. I'll put up rq 184 within the next day.

swp