Calvin's Quiz #451

Calvin

Aug 4, 2016, 2:03:48 AM8/4/16

1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?
2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?
3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?
4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?
5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?
6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?
7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?
9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?
10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

cheers,
calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 4, 2016, 3:20:04 AM8/4/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in
> Manchester in 1966?

Electric guitar

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation
> Army?

"Fight call"? ("Stridsropet" is the Swedish name.)

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> consecutive races in which track event?

400 m hurdles

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which
> trace element?

Selenium

3

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

Interersting grammar....

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Uranus

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was
> also private secretary to which British monarch?

Elizabeth I

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma

Marc Dashevsky

Aug 4, 2016, 12:03:13 PM8/4/16
In article <64e457ff-599e-4f3d...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?
electric guitar (the first booing of Dylan happened at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival.
There is some dispute about whether the crowd was booing the electric guitar or the
hideous distorted sound of the vocals.)

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?
> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?
400m

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?
iodine

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?
3

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?
fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?
Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?
> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?
plasma

Mark Brader

Aug 4, 2016, 2:44:40 PM8/4/16
Calvin:
> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a
> concert in Manchester in 1966?

Electric guitar?

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the
> Salvation Army?

"Blood and Fire".

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> consecutive races in which track event?

400 m hurdles?

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which
> trace element?

Iodine.

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?

3?

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish
> commonly prepared from it?

Fugu.

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

'NSYNC?

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune. Some other people were also involved.

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was
> also private secretary to which British monarch?

Henry VIII?

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I wish to God these calculations had been
m...@vex.net | executed by steam!" -- Charles Babbage, 1821

Peter Smyth

Aug 4, 2016, 2:49:30 PM8/4/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in
> Manchester in 1966?
Electric Guitar
> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation
> Army?
Watchtower
> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> consecutive races in which track event?
400m Hurdles
> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which
> trace element?
Iodine
> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?
If Mark's last quiz was correct, 3
> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish
> commonly prepared from it?
>
> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
One Direction
> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?
Neptune
> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was
> also private secretary to which British monarch?
Mary
> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?
Plasma

Peter Smyth

Pete

Aug 4, 2016, 3:08:26 PM8/4/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert
> in Manchester in 1966?

Using electric guitar

> 2 What is the name of the official news
> publication of the Salvation Army?
> 3 Between 1977 and 1987
> American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track
> event?

400 meter hurdles

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of
> which trace element?

Iron

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?

3

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and
> the dish commonly prepared from it?
> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

One Direction

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566)
> was also private secretary to which British monarch?

Elizabeth I

> 10 Following
> ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Gareth Owen

Aug 4, 2016, 3:24:45 PM8/4/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in
> Manchester in 1966?

He'd "Gone Electric", man.

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation
> Army?

War Cry

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> consecutive races in which track event?

400m Hurdles

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace
> element?

Potassium?

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?

3?

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish
> commonly prepared from it?

Fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

One Direction

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also
> private secretary to which British monarch?

Queen Liz I

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma

Dan Tilque

Aug 4, 2016, 5:27:49 PM8/4/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?

amplified guitar

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?

Blood and Fire

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?

200 meters

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?

copper ??

4

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?

fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?

Henry VII

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

plasma

--
Dan Tilque

Björn Lundin

Aug 5, 2016, 10:14:57 AM8/5/16
On 2016-08-04 08:03, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?
> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?
The Watch Tower
> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?
400m
> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?
> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?
3
> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?
> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
One Direction
> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?
Neptun
> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?
> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?
Plasma

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Chris F.A. Johnson

Aug 5, 2016, 10:08:02 PM8/5/16
On 2016-08-04, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?

Electric guitar

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?

All The World

2

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?

Fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?

Henry VIII

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Joe

Aug 6, 2016, 9:36:29 AM8/6/16
On 2016-08-04 06:03:48 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in
> Manchester in 1966?

Electricity, the Judas.

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?

War Cry

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> consecutive races in which track event?

100 metres

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?

Calcium

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?

3

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish
> commonly prepared from it?

Fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

Boyzone

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also
> private secretary to which British monarch?

Mary Queen of Scots

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Liquid

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

R. Ess

Aug 8, 2016, 12:35:06 PM8/8/16
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 23:03:48 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?
Electricc Guitar

>2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?
War Cry

>3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?
400m Hurdles

>4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?
nowadays, its either hyper- or hypo- thyroidism, but back in the 1920,
it was iodine

>5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?
3

>6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?
Fugu

>7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?
One Direction

>8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?
Neptune

>9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?

>10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?
Plasma

>cheers,
>calvin

ArenEss

Calvin

Aug 10, 2016, 7:39:44 PM8/10/16
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 4:03:48 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which technological innovation saw Bob Dylan booed at a concert in Manchester in 1966?

He played an electric guitar

> 2 What is the name of the official news publication of the Salvation Army?

War Cry
In Australia anyway. I'm happy to consider international equivalents.

> 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122 consecutive races in which track event?

400 metres hurdles

> 4 Around 90% of all goitres are caused by a deficiency of which trace element?

Iodine

> 5 How many times did Muhammad Ali fight Joe Frazier?

3

> 6 What is the Japanese word for both the pufferfish and the dish commonly prepared from it?

Fugu

> 7 In March 2015, pop singer left Zayn Malik which band?

One Direction

> 8 J G Galle discovered which planet in 1846?

Neptune

> 9 The Italian courtier and musician David Rizzio (1533-1566) was also private secretary to which British monarch?

Mary, Queen of Scots

> 10 Following ionisation, a gas transitions to which state of matter?

Plasma

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 451
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 9 67 Aren Ess
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 8 58 Peter Smyth
1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 8 62 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 7 58 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 7 58 Marc Dashevsky
1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 6 42 Joe
1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 6 51 Pete Gayde
1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 5 40 Erland S
1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 5 42 Chris Johnson
0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 4 34 Bjorn Lundin
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 4 37 Dan Tilque
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
10 4 7 5 9 7 5 10 2 10 69 63%

Congratulations Aren.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Aug 10, 2016, 11:27:37 PM8/10/16
"Calvin":
> > 3 Between 1977 and 1987 American athlete Edwin Moses won 122
> > consecutive races in which track event?
> 400 metres hurdles

What, I guessed right again?!?
--
Mark Brader | "This is just the result of someone sitting down before
Toronto | a computer and carefully removing his head first.