QFTCIUA19 Game 5, Rounds 2-3: CanThings, what were they thinking?

Mark Brader

Jul 19, 2019, 2:02:08 AM7/19/19
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-06-17,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of Unnatural Axxxe and are
used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see
my 2019-01-22 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

* Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial Whatevers

Every province lends its name to random objects. There are official
provincial flowers, animals, rocks, trees, and for all we know,
hamburgers. In this round, we'll name some official things,
you name the province or territory.

1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
Official flower: Wild Rose.
Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
Official animal: Caribou.

3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
Official animal: Spirit Bear.
Official fish: Pacific Salmon

4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
Official bird: Blue Jay.
Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
cover of the enormous").

5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
Official bird: Snowy Owl.
Official tree: Yellow Birch.

6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
Official symbol: Inukshuk.

7. Official bird: Common Loon.
Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
Official mineral: Amethyst.

8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
Official mineral: Potash.

9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
Official animal: Plains Bison.
Official fish: Walleye.

10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
Official mineral: Diamond.

* Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race Edition

Those were different times -- in one case a whole 6 years ago.
Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
round in order of the handout:

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg

There was one decoy, which is now interspersed with the others.
Answer it if you like for fun, but for no points.

1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
he playing?

2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
"A Majority Of One".

3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
to 1943. Name that show.

4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.

5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
Wayne. Who is he playing?

6. (Decoy) Name the Katharine Hepburn movie in F.

7. Name the actor in G, from the 1956 movie "The Teahouse of the
August Moon".

8. Mickey Rooney said he "forgave" those who criticized him for
playing this Japanese guy. Name movie H.

9. Only the kid in I is Asian. The actors are Luise Rainer and
Paul Muni. Name the movie.

10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
"White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
actors who play those white chicks.

11. Name the actor in K, who's playing a Mexican here in an Orson
Welles movie.

--
Mark Brader That would be the opposite of "non idiotic",
Toronto assuming there's some good word for that.

Joshua Kreitzer

Jul 19, 2019, 2:35:59 AM7/19/19
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial
> Whatevers
>
> Every province lends its name to random objects. There are official
> provincial flowers, animals, rocks, trees, and for all we know,
> hamburgers. In this round, we'll name some official things,
> you name the province or territory.
>
> 1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
> Official flower: Wild Rose.
> Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

Alberta

> 2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
> Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
> Official animal: Caribou.

Newfoundland and Labrador

> 3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
> Official fish: Pacific Salmon

British Columbia

> 4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
> Official bird: Blue Jay.
> Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
> protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
> cover of the enormous").

Prince Edward Island

> 5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
> Official tree: Yellow Birch.

Quebec

> 6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
> Official symbol: Inukshuk.

Nunavut; Yukon

> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
> Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
> Official mineral: Amethyst.

New Brunswick; Nova Scotia

> 8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
> Official mineral: Potash.

Saskatchewan

> 9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
> Official animal: Plains Bison.
> Official fish: Walleye.

Manitoba; Saskatchewan

> 10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
> Official mineral: Diamond.

Northwest Territories; Yukon

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race
> Edition
>
> Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
> lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
> round in order of the handout:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg
>
> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?

Charlie Chan

> 2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
> "A Majority Of One".

Alec Guinness

> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.

"Amos and Andy"

> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.

Johnny Depp

> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan

> 6. (Decoy) Name the Katharine Hepburn movie in F.

"Dragon Seed"

> 8. Mickey Rooney said he "forgave" those who criticized him for
> playing this Japanese guy. Name movie H.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

> 9. Only the kid in I is Asian. The actors are Luise Rainer and
> Paul Muni. Name the movie.

"The Good Earth"

> 10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
> "White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
> actors who play those white chicks.

Marlon Wayans

> 11. Name the actor in K, who's playing a Mexican here in an Orson
> Welles movie.

Charlton Heston

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Blum

Jul 19, 2019, 11:11:09 AM7/19/19
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial Whatevers

> 1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
> Official flower: Wild Rose.
> Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

Alberta

> 2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
> Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
> Official animal: Caribou.

Newfoundland and Labrador; New Brunswick

> 3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
> Official fish: Pacific Salmon

British Columbia

> 4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
> Official bird: Blue Jay.
> Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
> protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
> cover of the enormous").

Prince Edward Island

> 5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
> Official tree: Yellow Birch.

Ontario; Quebec

> 6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
> Official symbol: Inukshuk.

Nunavut

> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
> Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
> Official mineral: Amethyst.

Nova Scotia; Quebec

> 8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
> Official mineral: Potash.

Manitoba

> 9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
> Official animal: Plains Bison.
> Official fish: Walleye.

Saskatchewan

> 10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
> Official mineral: Diamond.

Yukon

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race Edition

> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?

Charlie Chan

> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.

Amos and Andy

> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.

Johnny Depp

> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan

> 10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
> "White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
> actors who play those white chicks.

Wayans

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Dan Tilque

Jul 19, 2019, 2:35:36 PM7/19/19
On 7/18/19 11:02 PM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial Whatevers
>
> Every province lends its name to random objects. There are official
> provincial flowers, animals, rocks, trees, and for all we know,
> hamburgers. In this round, we'll name some official things,
> you name the province or territory.
>
> 1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
> Official flower: Wild Rose.
> Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

Manitoba

> 2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
> Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
> Official animal: Caribou.

Newfoundland and Labrador

> 3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
> Official fish: Pacific Salmon

British Columbia

> 4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
> Official bird: Blue Jay.
> Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
> protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
> cover of the enormous").

Ontario

(you mean there's blue jays in Ontario that *don't* play baseball?)

> 5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
> Official tree: Yellow Birch.

Quebec

> 6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
> Official symbol: Inukshuk.

Yukon

> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
> Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
> Official mineral: Amethyst.

New Brunswick

> 8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
> Official mineral: Potash.

Saskatchewan

> 9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
> Official animal: Plains Bison.
> Official fish: Walleye.

Alberta

> 10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
> Official mineral: Diamond.

Northwest Territories

(diamonds are NWT's best friend)

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race Edition
>
> Those were different times -- in one case a whole 6 years ago.
> Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
> lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
> round in order of the handout:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg
>
> There was one decoy, which is now interspersed with the others.
> Answer it if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?
>
> 2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
> "A Majority Of One".
>
> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.
>
> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.
>
> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan

--
Dan Tilque

Pete Gayde

Jul 20, 2019, 4:45:35 PM7/20/19
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-06-17,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of Unnatural Axxxe and are
> used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
> been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see
> my 2019-01-22 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial
> Whatevers
>
> Every province lends its name to random objects. There are official
> provincial flowers, animals, rocks, trees, and for all we know,
> hamburgers. In this round, we'll name some official things,
> you name the province or territory.
>
> 1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
> Official flower: Wild Rose.
> Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

Saskatchewan; Manitoba

> 2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
> Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
> Official animal: Caribou.

Newfoundland; Quebec

> 3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
> Official fish: Pacific Salmon

British Columbia

> 4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
> Official bird: Blue Jay.
> Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
> protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
> cover of the enormous").

Prince Edward Island; Nova Scotia

> 5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
> Official tree: Yellow Birch.

Northwest Territories; Manitoba

> 6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
> Official symbol: Inukshuk.

Nunavut

> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
> Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
> Official mineral: Amethyst.

Ontario; New Brunswick

> 8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
> Official mineral: Potash.

Saskatchewan; Alberta

> 9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
> Official animal: Plains Bison.
> Official fish: Walleye.

Manitoba; Saskatchewan

> 10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
> Official mineral: Diamond.

Yukon; Northwest Territories

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race
> Edition
>
> Those were different times -- in one case a whole 6 years ago.
> Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
> lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
> round in order of the handout:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg
>
> There was one decoy, which is now interspersed with the others.
> Answer it if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?

Charlie Chan

> 2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
> "A Majority Of One".

Alec Guinness

> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.

Amos and Andy

> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.

Johnny Depp

> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan

> 6. (Decoy) Name the Katharine Hepburn movie in F.
>
> 7. Name the actor in G, from the 1956 movie "The Teahouse of the
> August Moon".

Charles Bronson

> 8. Mickey Rooney said he "forgave" those who criticized him for
> playing this Japanese guy. Name movie H.

Tojo

> 9. Only the kid in I is Asian. The actors are Luise Rainer and
> Paul Muni. Name the movie.

The Great Land

> 10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
> "White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
> actors who play those white chicks.

Wayans

> 11. Name the actor in K, who's playing a Mexican here in an Orson
> Welles movie.

Charlton Heston

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Jul 21, 2019, 7:53:31 PM7/21/19
On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 4:02:08 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial Whatevers

I think not.

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race Edition
>
> Those were different times -- in one case a whole 6 years ago.
> Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
> lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
> round in order of the handout:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg
>
> There was one decoy, which is now interspersed with the others.
> Answer it if you like for fun, but for no points.
>
> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?
>
> 2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
> "A Majority Of One".
>
> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.
>
> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.
>
> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun

> 6. (Decoy) Name the Katharine Hepburn movie in F.
>
> 7. Name the actor in G, from the 1956 movie "The Teahouse of the
> August Moon".
>
> 8. Mickey Rooney said he "forgave" those who criticized him for
> playing this Japanese guy. Name movie H.

Breakfast at Tiffany's

> 9. Only the kid in I is Asian. The actors are Luise Rainer and
> Paul Muni. Name the movie.
>
> 10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
> "White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
> actors who play those white chicks.

Wayans

> 11. Name the actor in K, who's playing a Mexican here in an Orson
> Welles movie.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Jul 22, 2019, 3:33:36 AM7/22/19
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2019-06-17,
> see my 2019-01-22 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> * Game 5, Round 2 - Canadiana - Official Provincial/Territorial Whatevers

> Every province lends its name to random objects. There are official
> provincial flowers, animals, rocks, trees, and for all we know,
> hamburgers. In this round, we'll name some official things,
> you name the province or territory.

This was the easiest round in the original game.

> 1. Official motto: Fortis et liber ("strong and free").
> Official flower: Wild Rose.
> Official mineral: Petrified Wood.

Alberta. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum.

> 2. Official bird: The Atlantic Puffin.
> Official flower: Purple Pitcher Plant.
> Official animal: Caribou.

Newfoundland and Labrador. "Newfoundland" was sufficient.
4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque. 3 for Dan Blum and Pete.

> 3. Official flower: Pacific Dogwood.
> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
> Official fish: Pacific Salmon

British Columbia, duh. 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Pete.

> 4. Official flower: Lady's Slipper.
> Official bird: Blue Jay.
> Official motto: Parva sub ingenti ("the small under the
> protection of the great", or more literally, "the small under
> cover of the enormous").

Prince Edward Island. 4 for Joshua and Dan Blum. 3 for Pete.

> 5. Official flower: Blue Flag Iris.
> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
> Official tree: Yellow Birch.

Quebec. 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque. 2 for Dan Blum.

> 6. Official bird: Rock Ptarmigan.
> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
> Official symbol: Inukshuk.

Nunavut. 4 for Dan Blum and Pete. 3 for Joshua.

> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
> Official tree: Eastern White Pine.
> Official mineral: Amethyst.

Ontario. 3 for Pete.

(Yes, not the blue jay! The team is, after all, named in part after
a beer label, rather than anything officially provincial.)

> 8. Official flower: Western Red Lily.
> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
> Official mineral: Potash.

Saskatchewan. 4 for Joshua and Dan Tilque. 3 for Pete.

> 9. Official flower: Prairie Crocus.
> Official animal: Plains Bison.
> Official fish: Walleye.

Manitoba. 3 for Joshua and Pete.

> 10. Official flower: Mountain Avens.
> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
> Official mineral: Diamond.

Northwest Territories. 4 for Dan Tilque. 3 for Joshua. 2 for Pete.

> * Game 5, Round 3 - Entertainment - What Were They Thinking?: Race Edition

> Those were different times -- in one case a whole 6 years ago.
> Here's a round of some famous people playing *way* outside their
> lane, racially speaking. For your convenience I've sorted the
> round in order of the handout:

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/5-3/race.jpg

> There was one decoy, which is now interspersed with the others.
> Answer it if you like for fun, but for no points.

> 1. The actor in A is Warner Oland, a Swedish-American. Who is
> he playing?

Charlie Chan. (He played the role in 17 movies, 1931-37.)
4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 2. Name the famous non-Japanese actor in B, from the 1961 movie
> "A Majority Of One".

Alec Guinness. 4 for Joshua and Pete.

> 3. Call it racism of the mind. The actors in C, Freeman Gosden
> and Charles Correll, were the radio voices of a couple of
> African-American characters in a situation comedy from 1928
> to 1943. Name that show.

"Amos'n'Andy". 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 4. Another fine movie choice. Name the actor in D.

Johnny Depp (as Tonto in "The Lone Ranger" (2013)). 4 for Joshua,
Dan Blum, and Pete.

> 5. Even made up to look Asian, you know the actor in E is John
> Wayne. Who is he playing?

Genghis Khan (in "The Conqueror" (1956)). 4 for Joshua, Dan Blum,
Dan Tilque, and Pete. 3 for Calvin.

> 6. (Decoy) Name the Katharine Hepburn movie in F.

"Dragon Seed" (1944). Joshua got this.

> 7. Name the actor in G, from the 1956 movie "The Teahouse of the
> August Moon".

Marlon Brando.

> 8. Mickey Rooney said he "forgave" those who criticized him for
> playing this Japanese guy. Name movie H.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961). 4 for Joshua and Calvin.

> 9. Only the kid in I is Asian. The actors are Luise Rainer and
> Paul Muni. Name the movie.

"The Good Earth" (1937). 4 for Joshua.

> 10. And, turnabout being fair play, here, in J, are the stars of
> "White Chicks" (2004). Name *either* of the African-American
> actors who play those white chicks.

Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans. "Wayans" was sufficient.
4 for Joshua, Dan Blum, Pete, and Calvin.

> 11. Name the actor in K, who's playing a Mexican here in an Orson
> Welles movie.

Charlton Heston (as Miguel Vargas in "Touch of Evil" (1958)).
4 for Joshua and Pete.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 5 ROUNDS-> 2 3 TOTALS
TOPICS-> Can Ent
Joshua Kreitzer 33 36 69
Pete Gayde 25 28 53
Dan Blum 21 20 41
Dan Tilque 20 4 24
"Calvin" 0 11 11

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Truth speak from any chair."
m...@vex.net -- Charlie Chan at the Wax Museum

Dan Tilque

Jul 24, 2019, 5:40:03 PM7/24/19
On 7/22/19 12:33 AM, Mark Brader wrote:

>> Official animal: Caribou.
>
> Newfoundland and Labrador.
>
>> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
>
> British Columbia, duh.
>
>> Official bird: Blue Jay.
>
> Prince Edward Island.
>
>> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
>
> Quebec.
>
>> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
>
> Nunavut.
>
>> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
>
> Ontario.
>
>> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
>
> Saskatchewan.
>
>> Official animal: Plains Bison.
>
> Manitoba.
>
>> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
>
> Northwest Territories.
It looks like these animals are all on this ..um. unusual "coin" from
the Royal Canadian Mint:

<https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/3-oz.-pure-silver-coin---the-canadian-landscape---mintage-2000-2019-prod3570042>

--
Dan Tilque

Mark Brader

Jul 25, 2019, 12:02:32 AM7/25/19
Mark Brader:
>>> Official animal: Caribou.
>>
>> Newfoundland and Labrador.
>>
>>> Official animal: Spirit Bear.
>>
>> British Columbia, duh.
>>
>>> Official bird: Blue Jay.
>>
>> Prince Edward Island.
>>
>>> Official bird: Snowy Owl.
>>
>> Quebec.
>>
>>> Official animal: Canadian Eskimo Dog.
>>
>> Nunavut.
>>
>>> 7. Official bird: Common Loon.
>>
>> Ontario.
>>
>>> Official animal: White-tailed Deer.
>>
>> Saskatchewan.
>>
>>> Official animal: Plains Bison.
>>
>> Manitoba.
>>
>>> Official animal: Arctic Grayling.
>>
>> Northwest Territories.

Dan Tilque:
> It looks like these animals are all on this ..um. unusual "coin" from
> the Royal Canadian Mint:
>
> <https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/3-oz.-pure-silver-coin---the-canadian-landscape---mintage-2000-2019-prod3570042>

Ugh!

But no, for the NWT the thing has the official territorial *bird*,
which is the gyrfalcon. That wasn't used in the round.
--
Mark Brader /"\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
m...@vex.net \ / AGAINST HTML MAIL