Calvin's Quiz #141

Calvin

Jun 26, 2011, 7:15:48 PM6/26/11

1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?
3 How many in a gross?
4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?
5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India
6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?
7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for a
third time?
8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
Jack Flash?
9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the
same name?
10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

--

cheers,
calvin

Marc Dashevsky

Jun 26, 2011, 8:04:55 PM6/26/11
In article <op.vxphk...@04233-jyhzp1s.staff.ad.bond.edu.au>, cal...@phlegm.com says...

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
Toni Collette

> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

Macduff

> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

Forster

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for a third time?
> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin' Jack Flash?
> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the same name?
> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

robpparker SPAM @foroptusnet.com.aume Rob Parker

Jun 26, 2011, 10:56:08 PM6/26/11
> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?

Toni Collette

> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?
> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

E.M. Forster

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for a
> third time?

Germany (?)

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
> Jack Flash?
> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the
> same name?

Mick Jagger

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

Rob

Mark Brader

Jun 26, 2011, 11:27:05 PM6/26/11
"Calvin":

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?

Johnson.

> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

MacJohnson.

> 3 How many in a gross?

144.

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

A.

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

Wharton?

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean.

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup
> for a third time?

Brazil?

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
> Jack Flash?

Goldberg. (Sad to say, I actually saw this.)

> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the
> same name?

Johnson.

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury.

--
Mark Brader "How can we believe that?"
Toronto "Because this time it's true!"

John Masters

Jun 27, 2011, 12:47:08 AM6/27/11
On 2011-06-27 00:15:48 +0100, Calvin said:

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

Macduff

> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

E M Forster

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for
> a third time?

Brazil

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller
> Jumpin' Jack Flash?

Whoopi Goldberg

> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of
> the same name?

Mick Jagger

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury
--
Eight years involved with the nuclear industry have taught me that when
nothing can possible go wrong and every avenue has been covered, then

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 27, 2011, 3:58:20 AM6/27/11
Calvin (cal...@phlegm.com) writes:
> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup
> for a third time?

Brazil

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

David

Russ

Jun 27, 2011, 11:42:29 AM6/27/11
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:15:48 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:

>1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?

Toni Collette

>2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

MacDuff

>3 How many in a gross?

12 Dozen (144)

>4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

>5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

E.M. Forster

>6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean

>7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for a
>third time?

Brazil (Pele, I believe was on that team!)

>8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
>Jack Flash?

Whoopi Goldberg

>9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the
>same name?

Mick Jagger

>10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

Russ

Peter Smyth

Jun 27, 2011, 2:07:45 PM6/27/11
"Calvin" wrote in message

>1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
>2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?
Banquo

>3 How many in a gross?
144

>4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

>5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India
Hemingway

>6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?
Crimean

>7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for a
>third time?
Brazil

>8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
>Jack Flash?
>9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of the
>same name? 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?
Mercury

Peter Smyth

Pete

Jun 27, 2011, 2:10:09 PM6/27/11
Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote in

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

MacDuff

> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

Vitamin A

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India
> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean War

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world
> cup for a third time?

Brazil

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller
> Jumpin' Jack Flash?
> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970
> film of the same name?

Mick Jagger

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

Pete

Jeffrey Turner

Jun 28, 2011, 12:07:14 AM6/28/11
On 6/26/2011 7:15 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?
> 3 How many in a gross?
144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India
Kingsley Amis

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?
Crimean

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for
> a third time?
Brazil

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
> Jack Flash?
> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of
> the same name?
> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?
Mercury

--Jeff

--
It is very easy for rich people to preach
the virtues of self-reliance to the poor.

Dan Tilque

Jun 29, 2011, 12:06:49 AM6/29/11
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?
> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

himself

> 3 How many in a gross?

144

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India
> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean War

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup
> for a third time?

Germany

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller
> Jumpin' Jack Flash?
> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film
> of the same name?
> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Jul 3, 2011, 9:58:18 PM7/3/11
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:15:48 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:

Apologies for the delay.

> 1 Which Australian actress stars in The United States of Tara?

Toni Collette
3/11

> 2 Which character kills Macbeth at the end of the play?

MacDuff
5/11
LOL @ MacJohnson :-)

> 3 How many in a gross?

144
11/11

> 4 Retinol is a form of which vitamin?

8/11

> 5 Who wrote the 1924 novel A Passage to India

EM Forster
4/11

> 6 The Charge of the Light Brigade occurred during which war?

Crimean
9/11

> 7 In 1970, which country became the first to win soccer's world cup for
> a third time?

Brazil
8/11
And Pele played in all three as someone noted.

> 8 Which actress played the lead role in the 1986 comedy-thriller Jumpin'
> Jack Flash?

Whoopi Goldberg
4/11
Apparently it's one of Mark's favourites :-)

> 9 Which rock and roll lead singer played Ned Kelly in the 1970 film of
> the same name?

Mick Jagger
4/11
I'm very impressed- was only expecting Rob to get this one right. It's
just so unlikely if you don't know it.

> 10 Which planet has a year that lasts just 88 days?

Mercury
11/11

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL Quiz 141
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 Dan Tilque
0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 6 David
0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3 Erland S
0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 5 Jeffrey Turner
0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 John Masters
1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 7 Marc Dashevsky
0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 6 Mark Brader
0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 Pete Gayde
0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 5 Peter Smyth
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 7 Rob Parker
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 Russ
3 5 11 8 4 9 8 4 4 11 67 TOTAL
61%

I'd suspect that "Russ" is swp posting under an alias except he uses caps!

--

cheers,
calvin