Calvin's Quiz #173

Calvin

Oct 25, 2011, 11:47:03 PM10/25/11

1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?
2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?
3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?
4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
1970s TV show?
5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?
6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
War?
7 What is India's national bird?
8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?
9 What is grappa?
10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

--
cheers,
calvin

Marc Dashevsky

Oct 26, 2011, 12:57:22 AM10/26/11
In article <op.v3xws...@04233-26jz62s.staff.ad.bond.edu.au>, cal...@phlegm.com says...

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?
Be prepared.

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?
hyphenated middle names

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?
> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which 1970s TV show?
Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?
Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World War?
Hopi

> 7 What is India's national bird?
> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?
George VI

> 9 What is grappa?
a type of brandy

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?
Canada

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

John Masters

Oct 26, 2011, 1:00:38 AM10/26/11
On 2011-10-26 03:47:03 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Fleas

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World War?

Navaho

> 7 What is India's national bird?

Mynnah

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI

> 9 What is grappa?

Alcoholic drink

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada

Mark Brader

Oct 26, 2011, 2:03:11 AM10/26/11
Calvin writes:
> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

"Be prepared."

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Fleas.

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific?

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

"Charlie's Angels", of course.

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

"Jaws".

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?

Navajo was the main one.

> 7 What is India's national bird?

I do not know.

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

King George VI.

> 9 What is grappa?

Italian wine.

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Austr-- er, no, wait, Canada!

--
Mark Brader | "Nitwit ideas are for emergencies. The rest of the
Toronto | time you go by the Book, which is mostly a collection

Joachim Parsch

Oct 26, 2011, 2:20:00 AM10/26/11

Calvin schrieb:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?
> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

A chip for identification.

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Hongkong Air.

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels.

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws.

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?

Navajo.

> 7 What is India's national bird?
> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

King George VI.

> 9 What is grappa?

An italian booze.

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada.

Joachim

Erland Sommarskog

Oct 26, 2011, 3:48:25 AM10/26/11
Calvin (cal...@phlegm.com) writes:
> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Always available or how it may sound in English. "Alltid redo" in Swedish.

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

To pay tax

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

The Cucko's Nest

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second
> World War?

Najavo

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George V

> 9 What is grappa?

A strong licquer

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada

David B

Oct 26, 2011, 4:20:17 AM10/26/11
> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

An identification chip

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 7 What is India's national bird?

The peacock

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI

> 9 What is grappa?

An alcoholic drink

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada

Bruce Bowler

Oct 26, 2011, 8:21:30 AM10/26/11
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:47:03 +1000, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

microchips

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Hong Kong Airways (:-)

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in
> which 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second
> World War?

Navaho

> 7 What is India's national bird?

Crane

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI

> 9 What is grappa?

Killer booze

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada?

Rob Parker

Oct 26, 2011, 8:39:40 AM10/26/11
> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Owners

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?

Sioux (?)

> 7 What is India's national bird?

Vulture (?)

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI

> 9 What is grappa?

Not quite wine - Italian home-brew, from grapes

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada

Rob

Jeffrey Turner

Oct 26, 2011, 9:56:54 AM10/26/11
On 10/25/2011 11:47 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?
Be prepared.
> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?
Bad teeth.
> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?
Hong Kong Air
> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?
Charlie's Angels
> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?
Jaws
> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?
Cherokee
> 7 What is India's national bird?
stork
> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?
King of UK
> 9 What is grappa?
alcoholic drink
> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?
Canada

--Jeff

Chris F.A. Johnson

Oct 26, 2011, 1:39:34 PM10/26/11
On 2011-10-26, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Owners (a.k.a. servants, in the case of cats)

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Dragonair

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?

Navaho

> 7 What is India's national bird?
> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI (a.k.a. Bertie)

> 9 What is grappa?

Brandy

Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
Author: =======================

Peter Smyth

Oct 27, 2011, 4:13:50 PM10/27/11
"Calvin" wrote in message

>1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?
Be Prepared
>2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?
a microchip?
>3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?
Cathay Pacific
>4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
>1970s TV show?
Bewitched
>5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?
>6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
>War?
Navajo
>7 What is India's national bird?
>8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?
George VI
>9 What is grappa?
>10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?
Canada

Peter Smyth

Pete

Oct 27, 2011, 8:40:38 PM10/27/11
Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote in

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Chips implanted

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in
> which 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second
> World War?

Navaho

> 7 What is India's national bird?

Crane

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI

> 9 What is grappa?

Italian moonshine

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada

Pete

Calvin

Oct 27, 2011, 9:58:12 PM10/27/11
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:47:03 +1000, Calvin <cal...@phlegm.com> wrote:

> 1 What is the Boy Scouts' motto?

Be Prepared
11/12

> 2 In the UK, what do 60% of domestic dogs and cats have?

Health Insurance
0/12
I basically asked this for a laugh though a couple of teams at the local
club got it. I saw it in an article somewhere last year (as did they, I
guess) but cannot verify the figure. Micro chips was a good guess along
the same lines.

> 3 Which international airline is headquartered in Hong Kong?

Cathay Pacific
10/12

> 4 Jill Munroe, Kelly Garrett & Sabrina Duncan were characters in which
> 1970s TV show?

Charlie's Angels
10/12

> 5 In which 1975 film did Roy Scheider portray Chief Brody?

Jaws
9/12

> 6 Which American Indian language was used as a code in the Second World
> War?

Navajo
8/12

> 7 What is India's national bird?

Peacock
1/12
Well done David

> 8 Which monarch is the subject of the 2010 film The King's Speech?

George VI
10/12

> 9 What is grappa?

I liked Pete's "Italian moonshine" answer best :-)
11/12

> 10 Singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen is a native of which country?

Canada, Eh?
12/12

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL Quiz 173
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 Bruce Bowler
1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 7 Chris Johnson
1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 7 David Brown
1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 5 Erland S
1 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 6 Jeffrey Turner
0 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 7 Joachim Parsch
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 John Masters
1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 6 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 Pete Gayde
1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 5 Peter Smyth
1 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 7 Rob Parker
11 0 10 10 9 8 1 10 11 12 82 68%

Congratulations Bruce, John Mark and Pete.

--
cheers,
calvin