QFTCIMM16 Game 6, Rounds 9-10: movie songs, challenge

Mark Brader

Feb 7, 2017, 5:05:19 PM2/7/17
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies

The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
two of those and ask for a third.

1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
Name the film.

2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
For which film?

3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
All Odds"?

4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
performed by which band?

6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
You" for which movie?

7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
Crown Affair". Name the song.

10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
movie?

** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round

* A. Foreign Subway Stations

We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
stations; you say what city they're all in.

A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.
A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

* B. Political Pooches

B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
political career. Who was the owner?

B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?

* C. Songs about Masturbation

C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
only #1 hit, in 1972?

C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
Who sang it?

* D. Shelley Winters Must Die

Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
on his way to a bigger prize.

D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
hidden $10,000 stash?

D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
daughter?

* E. Triple Crowns

E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
features what kind of horse?

* F. The Pubs We've Played In

F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?
F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

--
Mark Brader "Never trust anybody who says 'trust me.'
Toronto Except just this once, of course."

Dan Blum

Feb 7, 2017, 6:19:25 PM2/7/17
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?

The 39 Steps

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Tina Turner

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round

> * A. Foreign Subway Stations

> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, S?o Crist?v?o, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches

> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard Nixon

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die

> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?

Cape Fear

> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?

Lolita

> * E. Triple Crowns

> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

Derby Day

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

fillies

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

a kind of English pudding with raisins in

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Jason Kreitzer

Feb 7, 2017, 9:11:17 PM2/7/17
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 5:05:19 PM UTC-5, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.
"Breakfast At Tiffany's"
> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?
Phil Collins
> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?
Irena Cara
> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?
Simple Minds
> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
"The Woman in Red"
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?
Christopher Cross"
> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
"Dangerous Minds"

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.
Rio de Janeiro
> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.
>

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?
Richard Nixon
> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
Chuck Berry
> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
Cyndi Lauper

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
"The Night of the Hunter"

Calvin

Feb 7, 2017, 10:48:31 PM2/7/17
On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 8:05:19 AM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.

Breakfast at Tiffany's

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?

The Man Who Knew Too Much

> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?
>
> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio, Santiago

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Nixon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
>
> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
>

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?

Lolita

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

Derby, Epsom

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?

Cow?

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

A dish, like a meatloaf

cheers,
calvin

Dan Tilque

Feb 8, 2017, 1:10:04 AM2/8/17
Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.
>
> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?
>
> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?
>
> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?
>
> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.
> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard NIxon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
>
> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
>

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?
>

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.
>
> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

trotters

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?

hotdog

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

pudding

--
Dan Tilque

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 8, 2017, 3:14:28 AM2/8/17
In article <3ZSdndWL6ZAH2QfF...@giganews.com>, m...@vex.net says...
> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.
Breakfast At Tiffany's

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
The Man Who Knew Too Much

> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?
>
> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?
Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?
>
> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?
>
> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
Windmills of Your Mind

> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.
Lisbon

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.
Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?
Richard Nixon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
Chuck Berry

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
>

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
Night Of The Hunter

> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?
Lolita

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.
>
> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?
>

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?
breed of chicken

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?
pudding

Don Piven

Feb 8, 2017, 8:18:38 AM2/8/17
On 2/7/17 16:05, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.
>
> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?
>
> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?
>
> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?
>
> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard Nixon.

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
>
> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
>

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?
>

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.
>
> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies.

Bruce

Feb 8, 2017, 10:50:08 AM2/8/17
On Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:05:14 -0600, Mark Brader wrote:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31, and
> should be interpreted accordingly.
>
> On each question you may give up to two answers, but if you give both a
> right answer and a wrong answer, there is a small penalty. Please post
> all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup, based only on
> your own knowledge. (In your answer posting, quote the questions and
> place your answer below each one.) I will reveal the correct answers in
> about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers and are
> used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have been
> retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see my 2016-11-26
> companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you two of
> those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.
>
> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?
>
> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

Christopher Cross

> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the movie
> or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

Nonnie

> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.) stations;
> you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio De Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever happened,
> he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that had become a part
> of his family. This charming tale led to an outpouring of
> support and possibly saved the owner's political career. Who was
> the owner?

Tricky Dick Nixon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics for
> almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
>

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?

Chuck Berry

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't stop
> messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on the charts
> -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15. Who sang it?

Cyndi Lauper?

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario on
> his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a hidden
> $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her daughter?
>

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

Epsom Derby

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?
> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

Dessert (an English pudding)

Peter Smyth

Feb 8, 2017, 11:22:18 AM2/8/17
Mark Brader wrote:

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.
Rio de Janeiro
> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.
Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was keeping the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?
Eisenhower
> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?
Chretien, Trudeau

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?
>
> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?
Madonna

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?
>

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.
St Leger
> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?
Fillies

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What is a Jersey giant?
> F2. What is a spotted dick?
A dessert

Peter Smyth

Gareth Owen

Feb 8, 2017, 2:17:24 PM2/8/17
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) writes:

> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.

Breakfast at Tiffanys

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?

The Man Who Knew Too Much

> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?

The Woman In Red

> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

Christopher Cross

> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

Nope

> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.

The Windmills Of Your Mind

> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?

Dangerous Minds

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro?

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong, Paris

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard Nixon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?

Pierre Trudeau

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?

Chuck Berry

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?

Cyndi Lauper ("She Bop")

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?

Night Of The Hunter

> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?

Lolita

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

The Derby

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies, Geldings

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?

A potato

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

A rather lovely dessert (to be eaten with custard)

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 8, 2017, 3:06:33 PM2/8/17
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds (But interesting enough, they did not write it.)

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

São Paolo; Rio de Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Atlee

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?

Madonna

> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

Derby

Pete

Feb 8, 2017, 3:26:02 PM2/8/17
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:3ZSdndWL6ZAH2QfFnZ2dnUU7-
Q_N...@giganews.com:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Misplaced Modifiers
> and are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.

Breakfast at Tiffany's

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?
>
> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Pat Benatar; Davis

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Men at Work; The Clash

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?
>
> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

Anothony Newley

> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

McGovern

> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.
>
> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?
>

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Nixon

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?

Pierre Trudeau

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?

Chuck Berry

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?

Debbie Harry; Madonna

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?
>
> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?
>

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

Epsom Derby

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?

Mixed drink; Sausage

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

Dessert

Pete Gayde

Joshua Kreitzer

Feb 9, 2017, 1:17:29 AM2/9/17
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:3ZSdndWL6ZAH2QfFnZ2dnUU7-
Q_N...@giganews.com:

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies
>
> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.
>
> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?

"The Man Who Knew Too Much"

> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?

"The Woman in Red"

> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

Christopher Cross

> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

Maureen McGovern

> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.

"The Windmills of Your Mind"

> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?

"Dangerous Minds"

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round
>
> * A. Foreign Subway Stations
>
> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.
>
> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong

> * B. Political Pooches
>
> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard Nixon

> * C. Songs about Masturbation
>
> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?

Chuck Berry

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?

Cyndi Lauper

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die
>
> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.
>
> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?

"The Night of the Hunter"

> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?

"Lolita"

> * E. Triple Crowns
>
> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

filly

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In
>
> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

a kind of pudding with raisins or currants

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Mark Brader

Feb 11, 2017, 3:08:57 AM2/11/17
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-10-31,
> see my 2016-11-26 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

Game 6 is over, and despite missing one set and therefore having no
room to drop categories, GARETH OWEN wins. Hearty congratulations!

> ** Game 6, Round 9 - Entertainment - Songs from Movies

> The film, the performer, the writer, the title -- we'll give you
> two of those and ask for a third.

> 1. Song is "Moon River", written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer.
> Name the film.

"Breakfast at Tiffany's". (Sung by Audrey Hepburn, and written
specifically so that she'd be able to.) 4 for Jason, Calvin, Marc,
Gareth, Pete, and Joshua.

> 2. "Que Sera, Sera" is the song, written by Livingston and Evans.
> For which film?

"The Man Who Knew Too Much" (1956). (Sung by Doris Day.)
4 for Calvin, Marc, Gareth, and Joshua.

> 3. Who is the writer of "Take a Look at Me Now", from "Against
> All Odds"?

Phil Collins. (He also sang it.) 4 for Jason, Calvin, Gareth,
Erland, Pete, and Joshua.

> 4. Who sang "What a Feeling", the hit song from "Flashdance"?

Irene Cara. (She also co-wrote it, with Giorgio Moroder and Keith
Forsey.) 4 for Jason, Calvin, Marc, Don, Bruce, Gareth, and Joshua.

> 5. "The Breakfast Club"'s theme "Don't You Forget about Me" was
> performed by which band?

Simple Minds. (Keith Forsey and Steve Schiff wrote it.) 4 for Jason,
Calvin, Bruce, Gareth, Erland, and Joshua.

> 6. Stevie Wonder wrote and performed "I Just Called to Say I Love
> You" for which movie?

"The Woman in Red". 4 for Jason, Gareth, and Joshua.

> 7. Who performed "The Best That You Can Do" for "Arthur"?

Christopher Cross. (He also co-wrote it, with Burt Bacharach,
Carole Bayer Sager, and Peter Allen.) 4 for Jason, Bruce, Gareth,
and Joshua.

> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the
> movie or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

Apparently sung in the movie by Carol Lynley, but dubbed by Renee
Armand; covered by Maureen McGovern. Accepting any of these.
(Al Kasha and Joel Hirschhorn wrote it.) 4 for Pete and Joshua.

> 9. Noel Harrison sang the theme to the 1968 original of "The Thomas
> Crown Affair". Name the song.

"The Windmills of Your Mind". (Written by Michel Legrand and Alan
and Marilyn Bergman.) 4 for Marc, Gareth, and Joshua.

> 10. Coolio was the performer of "Gangsta's Paradise", from which
> movie?

"Dangerous Minds". (He co-wrote it with Stevie Wonder, Doug Rasheed,
and L.V.) 4 for Jason, Gareth, and Joshua.

> ** Game 6, Round 10 - Challenge Round

> * A. Foreign Subway Stations

> We give the names of four subway (Metro, Underground, etc.)
> stations; you say what city they're all in.

> A1. Presidente Vargas, Carioca, São Cristóvão, Cantagalo.

Rio de Janeiro. I reluctantly accepted "Rio". 4 for Dan Blum, Jason,
Calvin, Don, Bruce, Peter, Gareth, Pete, and Joshua. 2 for Erland.

> A2. Causeway Bay, Prince Edward, Disneyland Resort, Tung Chung.

Hong Kong. 4 for Dan Blum, Calvin, Dan Tilque, Marc, Don, Bruce,
Peter, Erland, Pete, and Joshua. 3 for Gareth.

> * B. Political Pooches

> B1. The so-called Checkers speech was given in 1952. Amidst
> accusations of improprieties relating to electoral funding,
> the owner of Checkers proclaimed on TV that, whatever
> happened, he was *keeping* the black cocker spaniel that
> had become a part of his family. This charming tale led
> to an outpouring of support and possibly saved the owner's
> political career. Who was the owner?

Richard Nixon. 4 for Dan Blum, Jason, Calvin, Dan Tilque, Marc,
Don, Bruce, Gareth, Pete, and Joshua.

> B2. According to the diaries of their owner, Irish terriers
> Pat, Pat II, and Pat III had an impact on Canadian politics
> for almost 25 years. Who did they belong to?

William Lyon Mackenzie King.

> * C. Songs about Masturbation

> C1. Who got people singing about their "ding-a-lings" in his
> only #1 hit, in 1972?

Chuck Berry ("My Ding-a-ling"). 4 for Jason, Marc, Bruce, Gareth,
Pete, and Joshua.

> C2. In 1984, she sang, "They say I better stop or I'll go blind"
> and "They say I better get a chaperone, because I can't
> stop messin' with the danger zone". This earned her #2 on
> the charts -- and a spot on Parental Advisory's Filthy 15.
> Who sang it?

Cyndi Lauper ("She Bop"). 4 for Jason, Bruce, Gareth, and Joshua.

> * D. Shelley Winters Must Die

> Poor Shelley Winters -- she always gets bumped off by some lothario
> on his way to a bigger prize.

> D1. In what movie does preacher man Robert Mitchum charm and
> then murder Shelley Winters to get to her children and a
> hidden $10,000 stash?

"The Night of the Hunter". 4 for Jason, Marc, Gareth, and Joshua.

> D2. In which movie does James Mason marry Shelley Winters,
> drive her to despair and death, and run off with her
> daughter?

"Lolita". 4 for Dan Blum, Calvin, Marc, Gareth, and Joshua.

> * E. Triple Crowns

> E1. Name one of the races in the UK's Triple Crown.

2,000 Guineas Stake, Epsom Derby (accepting either word), St. Leger
Stakes. 4 for Dan Blum, Calvin, Bruce, Peter, Gareth, Erland,
and Pete.

> E2. The Triple Tiara is an American "Triple Crown" series that
> features what kind of horse?

Fillies. 4 for Dan Blum, Calvin, Don, Bruce, Peter, Pete, and Joshua.
3 for Gareth.

> * F. The Pubs We've Played In

> F1. What *is* a Jersey giant?

A breed of chicken. 4 for Marc.

As seen on thir sign:
http://www.qsview.com/@43.648663,-79.373184,141.15h,9.39p,2.83z

> F2. What *is* a spotted dick?

A British pudding made with suet and dried fruit. I used to eat
it sometimes after the games there. I accepted any reference to
"pudding" or "dessert". 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, Marc, Bruce,
Peter, Gareth, Pete, and Joshua.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 6 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 BEST
TOPICS-> Geo Spo His Lit Sci Can Ent Cha SIX
Gareth Owen 28 22 19 36 -- -- 36 38 179
Joshua Kreitzer 8 20 24 28 20 0 40 36 168
Bruce Bowler 36 12 16 28 32 0 12 32 156
Dan Blum 23 6 22 28 28 0 0 28 135
Dan Tilque 36 12 24 32 4 8 0 12 124
Marc Dashevsky 28 16 20 16 16 0 16 28 124
Don Piven 36 15 16 16 24 8 4 16 123
"Calvin" 16 16 18 20 20 0 20 24 118
Pete Gayde 12 22 22 12 12 0 12 28 108
Peter Smyth 16 12 22 16 15 0 0 20 101
Jason Kreitzer 4 4 8 16 8 0 28 20 84
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 27 0 -- -- 8 10 45

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | A driver I know is getting uncomfortably close to
m...@vex.net | earning the nickname "Crash". --Lee Ayrton

Bruce

Feb 14, 2017, 8:56:03 AM2/14/17
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 02:08:51 -0600, Mark Brader wrote:

>> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
>> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the movie
>> or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.
>
> Apparently sung in the movie by Carol Lynley, but dubbed by Renee
> Armand; covered by Maureen McGovern. Accepting any of these.
> (Al Kasha and Joel Hirschhorn wrote it.) 4 for Pete and Joshua.

Minor protest. Carol Lynley was the actress who played the performer in
the movie, who was named Nonnie (my answer).

Bruce

Mark Brader

Feb 14, 2017, 2:17:01 PM2/14/17
Mark Brader:
>>> 8. "There's Got to be a Morning After" for the survivors of "The
>>> Poseidon Adventure" (1972). Name either the performer in the movie
>>> or the singer whose cover became a hit the following year.

>> Apparently sung in the movie by Carol Lynley, but dubbed by Renee
>> Armand; covered by Maureen McGovern. Accepting any of these.
>> (Al Kasha and Joel Hirschhorn wrote it.) 4 for Pete and Joshua.

Bruce Bowler:
> Minor protest. Carol Lynley was the actress who played the performer in
> the movie, who was named Nonnie (my answer).

Given the nature of the round, it should have been clear that this meant
the real performer, not the fictional one. However, 4 for Bruce also.

Scores, if there are now no errors:

GAME 6 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 BEST
TOPICS-> Geo Spo His Lit Sci Can Ent Cha SIX
Gareth Owen 28 22 19 36 -- -- 36 38 179
Joshua Kreitzer 8 20 24 28 20 0 40 36 168
Bruce Bowler 36 12 16 28 32 0 16 32 160
Dan Blum 23 6 22 28 28 0 0 28 135
Dan Tilque 36 12 24 32 4 8 0 12 124
Marc Dashevsky 28 16 20 16 16 0 16 28 124
Don Piven 36 15 16 16 24 8 4 16 123
"Calvin" 16 16 18 20 20 0 20 24 118
Pete Gayde 12 22 22 12 12 0 12 28 108
Peter Smyth 16 12 22 16 15 0 0 20 101
Jason Kreitzer 4 4 8 16 8 0 28 20 84
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 27 0 -- -- 8 10 45

--
Mark Brader "...there are other means of persuasion
m...@vex.net besides killing and threatening to kill."