Calvin's Quiz #586

Calvin

Jan 19, 2020, 7:52:12 PM1/19/20

1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration to protest against climate change?
2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose close relatives are usually extinct?
3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?
4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute based in Cardiff, Wales?
5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?
6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?
7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?
8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and lifestyle brand named Goop?
9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?
10 In 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the Duke of York - who would later be crowned as which English monarch?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Jan 19, 2020, 8:54:18 PM1/19/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration to protest against climate change?

extreme resistance

> 2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose close relatives are usually extinct?

living fossil

> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aron

> 4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute based in Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood

> 5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?

Ezra Pound

> 6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What???s Eating Gilbert Grape?

Johnny Depp

> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?

Frank Gehry

> 8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and lifestyle brand named Goop?

Gwyneth Paltrow

> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?

Whig

> 10 In 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the Duke of York - who would later be crowned as which English monarch?

James II

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Jan 19, 2020, 11:50:22 PM1/19/20
Calvin:
> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the
> socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent
> demonstration to protest against climate change?

Extinction rebellion.

> 2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained
> essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose
> close relatives are usually extinct?

Living fossil.

> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aaron.

> 4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted
> 'Doctor Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute
> based in Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood.

> 5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry,
> despite being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at
> the time?

Plath?

> 6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What's Eating
> Gilbert Grape?

Reeves?

> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo
> for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics
> comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?

Gehry?

> 8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and
> lifestyle brand named Goop?

Paltrow.

> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and
> Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?

Conservative.

> 10 In 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the
> Duke of York - who would later be crowned as which English
> monarch?

George I?
--
Mark Brader | "I couldn't imagine what Americans did at night
Toronto | when they weren't writing novels."

Joe Masters

Jan 20, 2020, 1:39:59 AM1/20/20
On 2020-01-20 00:52:11 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the socio-political
> movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration to protest against
> climate change?

Extinction Rebellion

> 2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained
> essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose close
> relatives are usually extinct?

Living fossil

> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aaron

> 4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor
> Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute based in
> Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood

> 5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite
> being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?

Ezra Pound

> 6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?

Di Caprio?

> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo for
> the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics comparing
> it to a turtle and a white elephant?
> 8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and
> lifestyle brand named Goop?

Gwyneth Paltrow

> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and Lord
> Melbourne were all members of which political party?

Whigs

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Dan Tilque

Jan 20, 2020, 9:26:58 AM1/20/20
On 1/19/20 4:52 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration to protest against climate change?

Xtinction Rebelion

> 2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose close relatives are usually extinct?

living fossil

> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aron

> 4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute based in Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood

> 5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?
> 6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?
> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?
> 8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and lifestyle brand named Goop?
> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?

Whigs

> 10 In 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the Duke of York - who would later be crowned as which English monarch?

James II

--
Dan Tilque

Pete Gayde

Jan 20, 2020, 3:39:12 PM1/20/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the
> socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration
> to protest against climate change?

Crossroads

> 2 What two-word term refers to
> an organism that has remained essentially unchanged from earlier
> geologic times and whose close relatives are usually extinct?
> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aaron

> 4 What was the name of the
> spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor Who' that centred on a
> fictional alien hunting institute based in Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood

> 5 In
> 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite being
> incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?

Dylan Thomas

> 6 Who
> played the title role in the 1993 film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?
> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo
> for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics
> comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?

Gehry

> 8 In 2008, which
> actress launched the natural health company and lifestyle brand named
> Goop?

Gwyneth Paltrow

> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and
> Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?
> 10 In
> 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the Duke of York
> - who would later be crowned as which English monarch?

George I

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Jan 29, 2020, 9:30:15 PM1/29/20
On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 10:52:12 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

Apologies for the delay.

> 1 Also known as XR, what is the two-word name of the socio-political movement which aims to use non-violent demonstration to protest against climate change?

eXtinction Rebellion

> 2 What two-word term refers to an organism that has remained essentially unchanged from earlier geologic times and whose close relatives are usually extinct?

Living fossil

> 3 What is Elvis Presley's middle name?

Aron or Aaron

> 4 What was the name of the spin-off series from the rebooted 'Doctor Who' that centred on a fictional alien hunting institute based in Cardiff, Wales?

Torchwood

> 5 In 1949 who won the inaugural Bollingen Prize for poetry, despite being incarcerated in a Washington DC mental hospital at the time?

Ezra Pound

> 6 Who played the title role in the 1993 film What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?

Johnny Depp
Singleton for Dan B

> 7 Which architect's design for the New National Stadium in Tokyo for the 2020 Summer Olympics was scrapped in 2015, with critics comparing it to a turtle and a white elephant?

Zaha Hadid
No one got this, but can I recommend this (the family name) to you as an all purpose guess for questions in many genres

> 8 In 2008, which actress launched the natural health company and lifestyle brand named Goop?

Gwyneth Paltrow

> 9 British prime ministers Robert Walpole, Pitt the Elder and Lord Melbourne were all members of which political party?

Whigs

> 10 In 1664, New Amsterdam was renamed New York in honour of the Duke of York - who would later be crowned as which English monarch?

James II

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 586
0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 27 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 8 29 Joe Masters
1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 6 23 Dan Tilque
1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 5 21 Mark Brader