CQ #605

Calvin

Jun 25, 2020, 6:57:51 PM6/25/20
1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart, the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?
2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?
3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?
4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil company of which country?
5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?
6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?
7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?
8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known in English?
9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?
10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American professional sports league?

I'm on leave next week so answers will not appear before Monday, 6th July.

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Jun 25, 2020, 7:26:40 PM6/25/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Li??ge are top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil company of which country?

Angola

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

World Trade Organization

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Alien

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?

they are all names of moons in the solar system

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival D??a de Muertos commonly known in English?

Day of the Dead

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?

ruff

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American professional sports league?

NHL

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Jun 25, 2020, 11:21:31 PM6/25/20
"Calvin":
> 1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart,
> the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?

"Rosemary's Baby"?

> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as
> asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Drywall.

> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer)
> clubs in which European country?

Belgium.

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for
> money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil
> company of which country?

Nigeria?

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
> (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

WTO?

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

"Alien".

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?

They all orbit outer planets. Pluto being a planet.

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known in
> English?

Day of the dead.

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in
> the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot
> follow suit, or various species of fish?

Ruff.

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American
> professional sports league?

National Hockey League.
--
Mark Brader | "...'consulted' the public, using 'consulted' with
Toronto | the special meaning of 'told them what I think'."

Erland Sommarskog

Jun 26, 2020, 3:58:36 PM6/26/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known
> as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

I believe it's called "eternit" here. I abstain from trying to anglify
that name,

> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer)
> clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation
> for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil
> company of which country?

Angola

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
> (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

WTO

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Star Trek

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known
> in English?

Day of the Dead

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American
> professional sports league?

NHL

Joe Masters

Jun 26, 2020, 4:04:50 PM6/26/20
On 2020-06-25 22:57:50 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart,
> the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?

The Stepford Wives

> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as
> asbestos cement or AC sheet?
> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer)
> clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for
> money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil
> company of which country?

Kenya

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
> (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

WTO

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Alien

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?

They are all characters from Greek mythology, or is that too vague? All
moons named from Greek mythology.

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known
> in English?

Day of the Dead

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn
> in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one
> cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?

Ruff

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American
> professional sports league?

National 10 pin Bowling League

> I'm on leave next week so answers will not appear before Monday, 6th July.

Have a good break.

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Pete Gayde

Jun 26, 2020, 4:32:08 PM6/26/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna
> Eberhart, the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?
> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as
> asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Gypsum board

> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are
> top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for
> money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil
> company of which country?

Angola

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General
> Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what
> intergovernmental organisation?
> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Alien

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?
> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos
> commonly known in English?

Day of the Dead

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a
> stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the
> playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various
> species of fish?

Ruff

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which
> North American professional sports league?

NHL

> I'm on leave next week so answers will not appear before Monday, 6th
> July.
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Dan Tilque

Jun 27, 2020, 5:12:50 AM6/27/20
On 6/25/20 3:57 PM, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart, the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?
> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

sheet rock

> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil company of which country?

Angola

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

World Trade Organization

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Alien

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?

moons of outer solar system planets

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known in English?

Day of the Dead

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?

ruff

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American professional sports league?

National Hockey League

> I'm on leave next week so answers will not appear before Monday, 6th July.

--
Dan Tilque

R. Ess

Jun 29, 2020, 12:20:42 PM6/29/20
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:57:50 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart, the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?
The Stepford Wives
>2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?
Drywall, sheetrock
>3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?
Belgium
>4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil company of which country?
Angola
>5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?
WTO
>6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?
Alien
>7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?
Female spirits of Water, Greek goddesses
>8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known in English?
Day of the Dead
>9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?
Ruff
>10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American professional sports league?
NHL

ArenEss

Calvin

Jul 8, 2020, 5:32:19 PM7/8/20
On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 8:57:51 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Both Katharine Ross and Nicole Kidman have portrayed Joanna Eberhart, the main character from which 1972 Ira Levin novel?

The Stepford Wives

> 2 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Fibro
I guess this is an Australian thing

> 3 Anderlecht and Standard Liège are top division football (soccer) clubs in which European country?

Belgium

> 4 Africa's richest woman, Isabel dos Santos, is under investigation for money-laundering and fraud with regard to her work for the state oil company of which country?

Angola

> 5 Active from 1947-1994, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) was succeeded by what intergovernmental organisation?

WTO

> 6 Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is a character in which film series?

Alien

> 7 What links Nereid, Charon, Dione and Rhea?

Solar system moons

> 8 By what name is the Mexican festival Día de Muertos commonly known in English?

Day of the Dead

> 9 What four-letter word can mean a stiff pleated circular collar worn in the 16th and 17th centuries, the playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit, or various species of fish?

Ruff

> 10 The Vegas Golden Knights participate in which North American professional sports league?

NHL

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 605
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 45 Aren Ess
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 47 Dan Blum
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 47 Dan Tilque
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 38 Joe Masters