Calvin's Quiz #487

Calvin

May 25, 2017, 2:05:38 AM5/25/17
My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I hadn't posted it!

1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?
2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth largest river in the world (by water flow)?
3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the International Monetary Fund?
4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?
5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff appears.
6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?
7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?
8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?
9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?
10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar in 1989?

cheers,
calvin

Gareth Owen

May 25, 2017, 2:25:35 AM5/25/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I
> hadn't posted it!
>
> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth
> largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Ganges

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the
> International Monetary Fund?

I can see her face in my mind, but the name ain't coming

> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

Never Having To Say You're Sorry

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff
> appears.

Henry V

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

Distress

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo
> lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

A Smartphone

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the
> 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

Flubber!

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the
> longest nerve in the human body?

Ulnar?

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar
> in 1989?

Beetlejuice?

Mark Brader

May 25, 2017, 4:20:04 AM5/25/17
"Calvin":
> My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I hadn't
> posted it!

I had a similar reaction when checking to see if there'd been any quick

> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Nixon.

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth largest
> river in the world (by water flow)?

Ganges. Nice typo there.

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the International
> Monetary Fund?

L'Argent. :-)

> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

A warm puppy.

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff appears.

Oh dear. I think they're some of the Henry IV-VI plays, but which ones
are in how many parts? I'll try "Henry V" with no part number.

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

Distress. Or so it is claimed, but you know, there are quite a lot of
flags out there that when inverted either look the same (e.g. France),
or almost the same (e.g. UK), or like the flag of another country (e.g.
Indonesia). So...

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo
> lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

Scaly armor.

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the 1961
> film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

Flubber.

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the
> longest nerve in the human body?

Sciatic.

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar in 1989?

"Beetlejuice".
--
Mark Brader | "You guys have your own pagan religion...
Toronto | Instead of sacrificing sheep, you sacrifice sleep."

Erland Sommarskog

May 25, 2017, 5:40:11 AM5/25/17
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Richard Millhouse Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth
> largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Ganges

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the
> International Monetary Fund?

Christine Lagarde

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff
> appears.

Twelth Night

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

Oh what a party we had last night!

Dan Tilque

May 25, 2017, 5:45:33 AM5/25/17
Calvin wrote:
> My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I hadn't posted it!
>
> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Ganges

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the International Monetary Fund?
> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

a warm puppy

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff appears.

Henry IV, part 2

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

emergency

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

teeth

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

flubber

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?

spinal cord

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar in 1989?

--
Dan Tilque

Peter Smyth

May 25, 2017, 8:19:19 AM5/25/17
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?
Richard Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth
> largest river in the world (by water flow)?
Ganges

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the
> International Monetary Fund?
Christine Lagarde

> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?
A cigar called Hamlet

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff
> appears.
Merry Wives of Windsor

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?
Distress

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and
> armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the
> 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?
Unobtainium

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the
> longest nerve in the human body?
Spinal nerve

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup
> Oscar in 1989?
Edward scissorhands

Peter Smyth

Dan Blum

May 25, 2017, 8:24:31 AM5/25/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Brahmaputra

> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

a warm puppy

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff appears.

Henry IV Part I

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

distress

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

teeth

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

flubber

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?

sciatic

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar in 1989?

Beetlejuice

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Bruce

May 25, 2017, 3:55:41 PM5/25/17
On Wed, 24 May 2017 23:05:37 -0700, Calvin wrote:

> My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I hadn't
> posted it!
>
> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Nixon?

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth
largest
> river in the world (by water flow)?
> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the
International
> Monetary Fund?
> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

A warm puppy

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff
> appears.
> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

Distress

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and
armadillo
> lack that virtually all other mammals possess?
> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the
1961
> film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

Flubber

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the
> back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?

Sciatic

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar
> in 1989?

Beetlejuice

swp

May 25, 2017, 8:25:43 PM5/25/17
On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 4:20:04 AM UTC-4, Mark Brader wrote:
> "Calvin":
> > My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I hadn't
> > posted it!
>
> I had a similar reaction when checking to see if there'd been any quick

well, for certain values of 'quick'

> > 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo
> > lack that virtually all other mammals possess?
>
> Scaly armor.

*snort!*

> --
> Mark Brader | "You guys have your own pagan religion...
> Toronto | Instead of sacrificing sheep, you sacrifice sleep."
> m...@vex.net | -- John Cramer
>
> My text in this article is in the public domain.

swp, who resembles that last remark

Mark Brader

May 26, 2017, 12:08:35 AM5/26/17
"Calvin":
>>> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo
>>> lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

Mark Brader:
>> Scaly armor.

Stephen Perry:
> *snort!*

Arrgh.
--
Mark Brader "Succeed, and you'll be remembered for a very long time.
Toronto Fail, and you'll be remembered even longer."

Pete Gayde

May 27, 2017, 3:55:22 AM5/27/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> My apologies RGTers. I went to mark this quiz only to discover I
> hadn't posted it!
>
> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the
> moon?

Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the
> tenth largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Ganges

> 3 Which
> Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the International
> Monetary Fund?
> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

A Warm Puppy

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John
> Falstaff appears.
> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?
> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna
> and armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?
> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake
> of the 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

Flubber

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to
> the back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?

Sciatic

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup
> Oscar in 1989?
>
> cheers,
> calvin
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Pete Gayde

Calvin

May 30, 2017, 9:10:33 PM5/30/17
On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 4:05:38 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Who was the American President when man first walked on the moon?

Richard Milhous Nixon

> 2 Passing thought China, India and Bangladesh, what is the tenth largest river in the world (by water flow)?

Brahmaputra
Singleton for Dan

> 3 Which Frenchwoman is currently managing director of the International Monetary Fund?

Christine Lagarde

> 4 What, according to Charles M Schultz, constitutes happiness?

A warm puppy [Peanuts]

> 5 Name any of the 3 Shakespeare plays in which Sir John Falstaff appears.

The Merry Wives of Windsor, Henry IV Part 1 or 2

> 6 What does an upside-down flag traditionally signal?

Distress, or similar

> 7 What physical feature do anteaters such as the echidna and armadillo lack that virtually all other mammals possess?

Teeth

> 8 What fictional substance is also the tile of a 1997 remake of the 1961 film "The Absent-Minded Professor"?

Flubber

> 9 Extending from the lumbar to the back to the thighs, which is the longest nerve in the human body?

Sciatic

> 10 Which 1988 Tim Burton comedy fantasy film won the best makeup Oscar in 1989?

Beetlejuice

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 487
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 44 Dan Blum
1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 6 33 Dan Tilque
1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 6 38 Mark Brader
1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 6 38 Bruce Bowler
0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 5 30 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 4 20 Peter Smyth
1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 4 26 Pete Gayde
1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 4 27 Gareth Owen
1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 10 Erland S
8 1 2 6 3 7 2 7 5 5 46 51%

That was a tough set, and an outstanding performance from Dan B.

cheers,
calvin