QFTCI11 Game 2 Rounds 2-3: US presidents, TO streets

Mark Brader

Jul 2, 2011, 1:49:09 AM7/2/11
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-01-24,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers in a single followup to the newsgroup,
the correct answers in about 3 days. For further information see
my 2011-05-23 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI5GNM, QFTCI11, QFTCIMM)".

I wrote one of these rounds.

* Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents

On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
another president with the same surname then you need to make it
clear which one you mean.

1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
they were dead serious.

4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
precedent.

5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
would have to kill you.

6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
use a man like this president again -- because we all long
for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

* Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins

This week's Canadiana round is about places in Toronto's street
system where you seem to be continuing along the same street,
but its name changes to something else. Most of these are at
intersections, but not all.

Note: On some questions the correct "suffix" of the street name
(i.e. St., Av., Rd., etc.) is required as part of the answer.
On other questions it isn't. Always include such a suffix with
your answer; if it isn't needed, I'll just ignore it and you don't
need to have it right.

1. For many years Kingston Rd. ended at Queen St., but the layout
of the intersection changed quite a while ago. These days you
can continue across Queen with a shift of direction near the
intersection, and the name of Kingston Rd. changes to what?

2. When Avenue Rd. crosses Bloor St. southbound, what does
it become?

3. When College St. crosses Yonge St., what does it become?

4. Dufferin St. includes a number of separate sections. If you
follow the section of Dufferin running south across Finch Av.,
what does it turn into before reaching Sheppard Av.?

5. When York Mills Rd. crosses Yonge, what does it become?

6. Keele St. is also divided into multiple sections. If you
start on the section of Keele between Bloor and St. Clair
and go north, it turns into one street; if you go south,
it turns into another. Name either one.

7. What does Spadina Av. become if you cross Bloor northbound?

8. If you cross Lawrence Av. southbound on McCowan Rd., it turns
into what street, which then changes direction by about 45°?

9. At what cross street does Queen St. turn into The Queensway?

10. If you cross Yonge eastbound on Davenport Rd., it turns
into what street, which then changes direction?

--
Mark Brader "...out of the dark coffee-stained mugs of
Toronto insane programmers throughout the world..."

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 2, 2011, 4:29:42 AM7/2/11
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George Bush Sr

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Lyndon Johnson

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Adams

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Andrew Jackson

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Nixon

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Truman

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

Bill Clinton

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

John F Kennedy

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Hoover

Peter Smyth

Jul 2, 2011, 5:54:25 AM7/2/11
"Mark Brader" wrote in message

>* Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
>On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
>And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
>another president with the same surname then you need to make it
>clear which one you mean.
>
>1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George Bush Sr

>2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Ford

>3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Lincoln

>4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

>5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Reagan

>6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Nixon

>7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

Taft

>8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Kennedy

>9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Truman

>10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Hoover

Peter Smyth

Dan Blum

Jul 2, 2011, 10:11:48 AM7/2/11
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents

> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese

> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George H. W. Bush

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Cleveland

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Carter

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

Taft

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Jackson

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Hoover

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Joshua Kreitzer

Jul 2, 2011, 11:12:06 AM7/2/11
On Jul 2, 12:49 am, m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote:

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated.
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
>    prime minister.  Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George H.W. Bush

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
>    Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Gerald Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
>    served as Erie County Sheriff.  In those days, when they
>    said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
>    they were dead serious.

Grover Cleveland

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president.  So before you
>    pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
>    precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans.  We could
>    tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
>    would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
>    sub in his honor.  Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
>    have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Jimmy Carter

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill".  And no, we aren't talking
>    about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

William Taft

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office.  We have no
>    idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage.  Although it has several
>    nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Andrew Jackson

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
>    use a man like this president again -- because we all long
>    for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Herbert Hoover

> * Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins

I'm not submitting any answers in this round.

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Marc Dashevsky

Jul 2, 2011, 3:25:47 PM7/2/11
In article <n4Sdnd9QxazILJPT...@vex.net>, m...@vex.net says...

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
> another president with the same surname then you need to make it
> clear which one you mean.
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?
George Herbert Walker Bush

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Gerald Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.
>
> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Jimmy Carter

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.
>
> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Jackson

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Herbert Hoover

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Jeffrey Turner

Jul 2, 2011, 5:42:01 PM7/2/11
On 7/2/2011 1:49 AM, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
> another president with the same surname then you need to make it
> clear which one you mean.
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George HW Bush (41)

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Gerald Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Martin Van Buren

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Jimmy Carter

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

William Howard Taft

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Teddy Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Andrew Jackson

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Herbert Hoover

> * Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins
>
> This week's Canadiana round is about places in Toronto's street
> system where you seem to be continuing along the same street,
> but its name changes to something else. Most of these are at
> intersections, but not all.
>
> Note: On some questions the correct "suffix" of the street name
> (i.e. St., Av., Rd., etc.) is required as part of the answer.
> On other questions it isn't. Always include such a suffix with
> your answer; if it isn't needed, I'll just ignore it and you don't
> need to have it right.
>
> 1. For many years Kingston Rd. ended at Queen St., but the layout
> of the intersection changed quite a while ago. These days you
> can continue across Queen with a shift of direction near the
> intersection, and the name of Kingston Rd. changes to what?

Nassau

> 2. When Avenue Rd. crosses Bloor St. southbound, what does
> it become?
>
> 3. When College St. crosses Yonge St., what does it become?
>
> 4. Dufferin St. includes a number of separate sections. If you
> follow the section of Dufferin running south across Finch Av.,
> what does it turn into before reaching Sheppard Av.?
>
> 5. When York Mills Rd. crosses Yonge, what does it become?
>
> 6. Keele St. is also divided into multiple sections. If you
> start on the section of Keele between Bloor and St. Clair
> and go north, it turns into one street; if you go south,
> it turns into another. Name either one.
>
> 7. What does Spadina Av. become if you cross Bloor northbound?
>
> 8. If you cross Lawrence Av. southbound on McCowan Rd., it turns
> into what street, which then changes direction by about 45�?
>
> 9. At what cross street does Queen St. turn into The Queensway?
>
> 10. If you cross Yonge eastbound on Davenport Rd., it turns
> into what street, which then changes direction?

--Jeff

--
It is very easy for rich people to preach
the virtues of self-reliance to the poor.

Dan Tilque

Jul 3, 2011, 1:10:16 AM7/3/11
Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
> another president with the same surname then you need to make it
> clear which one you mean.
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George H W Bush

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Gerald Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Grover Cleveland

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Jimmy Carter

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

William Taft

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Andrew Jackson

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Calvin Coolidge

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Jul 3, 2011, 11:33:25 PM7/3/11
On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 15:49:09 +1000, Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
> another president with the same surname then you need to make it
> clear which one you mean.
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

Carter

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Ford

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Jackson, Adams

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Jackson, Adams

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Truman

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking

> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.\

Taft!

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

T Roosevelt

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Jefferson?

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Coolidge

> * Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins
>
> This week's Canadiana round is about places in Toronto's street
> system where you seem to be continuing along the same street,
> but its name changes to something else. Most of these are at
> intersections, but not all.

Pass :-)

--

cheers,
calvin

Rob Parker

Jul 4, 2011, 6:49:39 PM7/4/11
> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents
>
> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George Bush Senior

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Adams; Jackson

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Truman

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore Roosevelt

> * Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins

Pass

Rob

Mark Brader

Jul 6, 2011, 1:01:17 AM7/6/11
Mark Brader:

> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2011-01-24,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... I will reveal the correct

> answers in about 3 days.

Oops, I'm a day late on this. Sorry about that, folks.

> For further information see my 2011-05-23 companion posting on
> "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI5GNM, QFTCI11, QFTCIMM)".

> I wrote one of these rounds.

That was the Canadiana geography round.

> * Game 2, Round 2 - US Presidents

> On each question, we'll tell you a fact and then make a quip.
> And you name the US president indicated. Of course, if there was
> another president with the same surname then you need to make it
> clear which one you mean.

> 1. He vomited and fainted face-first into the lap of the Japanese
> prime minister. Perhaps they served him broccoli?

George H.W. Bush. 4 for Erland, Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc,
Jeff, Dan Tilque, and Rob.

> 2. He played center for the University of Michigan football team.
> Apparently his clumsy phase came later in life.

Gerald Ford. 4 for Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff, Dan Tilque,
and Calvin.

> 3. He personally hanged two criminals in Buffalo when he
> served as Erie County Sheriff. In those days, when they
> said "declare all food and plants upon entry to the US",
> they were dead serious.

Grover Cleveland. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, and Dan Tilque.

> 4. His grandpa William was the ninth president. So before you
> pooh-pooh the idea of President Jenna Bush... there is
> precedent.

Benjamin Harrison. 4 for Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff,
and Dan Tilque.

The Adamses were father and son, and came earlier. There has only
been one President Jackson, so I'm not sure why he was guessed twice.

> 5. His favorite candy was Jelly Belly jelly beans. We could
> tell you the exact flavor, but then a Secret Service agent
> would have to kill you.

Ronald Reagan. 4 for Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff, Dan Tilque,
Calvin, and Rob.

> 6. He was a submariner, so the US Navy later named an attack
> sub in his honor. Better than a dinghy, but they couldn't
> have splurged on an aircraft carrier?

Jimmy (or James) Carter. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff,
and Dan Tilque.

> 7. His nickname was "Big Bill". And no, we aren't talking
> about Bubba before his Jenny Craig stint.

William Howard Taft. 4 for Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Jeff, Dan Tilque,
and Calvin.

> 8. He was the youngest president to take office. We have no
> idea whether he swore the presidential oath on his teddy bear.

Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff,
Dan Tilque, Calvin, and Rob.

Kennedy was the youngest president-elect, not the youngest to
take office.

> 9. His home is known as the Hermitage. Although it has several
> nice paintings, it's in Tennessee, not Russia.

Andrew Jackson. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, Jeff, and Dan Tilque.

> 10. According to the "All in the Family" theme song, we could
> use a man like this president again -- because we all long
> for a return to the good old days of the Great Depression.

Herbert Hoover. 4 for Erland, Peter, Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc,
and Jeff.

> * Game 2, Round 3 - One Street Ends, Another Begins

> This week's Canadiana round is about places in Toronto's street
> system where you seem to be continuing along the same street,
> but its name changes to something else. Most of these are at
> intersections, but not all.

> Note: On some questions the correct "suffix" of the street name
> (i.e. St., Av., Rd., etc.) is required as part of the answer.
> On other questions it isn't. Always include such a suffix with
> your answer; if it isn't needed, I'll just ignore it and you don't
> need to have it right.

> 1. For many years Kingston Rd. ended at Queen St., but the layout
> of the intersection changed quite a while ago. These days you
> can continue across Queen with a shift of direction near the
> intersection, and the name of Kingston Rd. changes to what?

Eastern Av.

> 2. When Avenue Rd. crosses Bloor St. southbound, what does
> it become?

Queen's Park. (After that it changes again to Queen's Park Cr.,
and finally to University Av. upon crossing College St.)

> 3. When College St. crosses Yonge St., what does it become?

Carlton St.

> 4. Dufferin St. includes a number of separate sections. If you
> follow the section of Dufferin running south across Finch Av.,
> what does it turn into before reaching Sheppard Av.?

William R. Allen Rd. (formerly Expwy.; "Allen" was sufficient).

> 5. When York Mills Rd. crosses Yonge, what does it become?

Wilson Av.

> 6. Keele St. is also divided into multiple sections. If you
> start on the section of Keele between Bloor and St. Clair
> and go north, it turns into one street; if you go south,
> it turns into another. Name either one.

Weston Rd., Parkside Dr.

> 7. What does Spadina Av. become if you cross Bloor northbound?

Spadina Rd. The suffix was required.

> 8. If you cross Lawrence Av. southbound on McCowan Rd., it turns
> into what street, which then changes direction by about 45�?

Danforth Rd. The suffix was required.

> 9. At what cross street does Queen St. turn into The Queensway?

King St. or Roncesvalles Av. ("Ronce's vails").

> 10. If you cross Yonge eastbound on Davenport Rd., it turns
> into what street, which then changes direction?

Church St.

As usual, since nobody scored on this round, I'm declaring that it
never happened. Scores for this game will be based on your best
5 out of 7 rounds.

Scores, if there are no errors:

ROUNDS-> 2
TOPICS-> His
Joshua Kreitzer 40
Dan Blum 40
Dan Tilque 36
Jeff Turner 36
Marc Dashevsky 32
Peter Smyth 24
"Calvin" 16
Rob Parker 12
Erland Sommarskog 8

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "It's been proven. Places stay clean until somebody
m...@vex.net | drops the first piece of litter." -- TTC poster