QFTCIWSS Final, Round 6: Arts & Literature

Mark Brader

Dec 28, 2018, 8:59:10 PM12/28/18
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2018-08-07,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 4 days.

All questions were written by members of What She Said and are
used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may have
been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information see
my 2018-07-16 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

Just for fun, here are the decorative illustrations that you would
have seen if you were doing the audio round:

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/r.jpg
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t1.jpg
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t2.jpg
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t3.jpg
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t4.jpg
http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t5.jpg

And now:

** Final, Round 6 - Arts & Literature
(For all the snobs who won't admit they watch "American Ninja
Warrior" every week.)

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/r.jpg

Throughout the Final game, in all cases name the person or thing
*emphasized*, whether it is asked for in the form of a question
or not.

* Publishers
(AKA the people that half the people in this league work for.)

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t1.jpg

As the publishing industry faces increasing conglomerization,
the imprint is still the basis of the book business. We'll give
you clues and perhaps some of a publisher's imprints; you name
the global publishing behemoth.

1. *This publisher* was founded in New York in 1924, with the
publication of a crossword book. One of the "Big 5" of North
American publishers, this company has the same name it did in
1924, it has gone through multiple changes of ownership via
mergers and acquisitions. It is currently a division of CBS
Corporation, and publishes bestsellers under imprints such as
Scribner, Pocket, Touchstone, and Atria, as well as its own name.

2. *This New-York-based publisher* is the second-largest in the
English-speaking world. Its main division was founded in 1817,
but that company merged with another company in 1990 to form
this current behemoth. It has long been the book publishing
arm of the News Corp. empire, and publishes under imprints such
as Avon, Dey Street, Ecco, and William Morrow, in addition to
its own name and its corporate cousin Harlequin.

3. Hachette Book Group is the publishing arm of Lagardère,
the French entertainment mega-corporation. *This imprint*,
Hachette's most prestigious (and Time Warner Books' primary
publishing imprint until Hachette bought TWB in 2001) was founded
as an independent publisher in Boston in 1837. It published
the works of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Daniel
Webster, and "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations", the 18th edition
of which is currently available.

* Renaissance Sculpture
(Much like classical sculpture, except with fewer togas.)

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t2.jpg

Michelangelo may be the most famous, but there are many others who
weren't exactly slouches! Three questions about sculptors active
either during the Renaissance or Baroque periods of sculpture.

4. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/4.jpg

*This artist*'s David was sculpted c.1440-60 in bronze.

5. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/5.jpg

*This sculpture*, in the Mannerist (or Late Renaissance) style,
was created by Flemish artist Jean de Boulogne -- better known
by his Italianized name, Giambologna. It has been displayed
since 1583 in the open-air gallery Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence's
Piazza del Signoria.

6. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/6.jpg

*This artist*'s Medusa was sculpted circa 1640 in marble.

* Indigenous Authors

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t3.jpg

Indigenous writers are, the world over, now becoming more recognized
than ever for their achievements.

7. *This Ojibway novelist*, playwright, and journalist from the
Curve Lake First Nations in Ontario was a finalist for the
Governor General's award in Fiction for his 2010 debut novel
"Motorcycles and Sweetgrass". His most recent fiction is a
collection of First-Nations-inspired science-fiction stories,
"Take Me to Your Chief".

8. A member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, *this
writer*'s award-winning fiction reflects aspects of her German,
French, and Ojibwa heritage; she often sets her works in North
Dakota. Her works include "The Master Butchers Singing Club",
"The Round House", and "LaRose".

9. *This teacher and academic writer* is from the Kelly Lake Cree
Nation community in British Columbia. Her debut novel "Birdie"
was a national bestseller and was selected for the 2016 "Canada
Reads" competition on CBC.

* Tony Best Play Winners
(Remember how we did that round about Tony-award-winning musicals?
Like that, except no music.)

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t4.jpg

Although musicals get more attention, non-musical plays -- or as
they call them, "plays" -- are the other half of the Tony Awards,
and the Best Play award has been awarded to some of the greatest
stage works in modern history (like "Death of a Salesman",
pictured). Three questions about some of these plays.

10. The 1982 award for Best Play went to David Edgar for *this
adaptation* of a Dickens novel. At 8.5 hours long, it was
performed on consecutive evenings, or an early matinee and
evening with a dinner break. It starred Roger Rees (later
featured in "Cheers"), who won the Tony for Best Actor in a
Play for his performance.

11. The first woman to win the Tony Award for Best New Play was
Wendy Wasserstein, who in 1989 also won the Pulitzer Prize for
*this comedy*, which quickly entered the zeitgeist. It even
influenced the original name of a famous sitcom (although that
name was quickly changed).

12. Tom Stoppard has won 4 Tony Awards for Best Play, more than
any other playwright. His first was in 1968, for *this
absurdist, existential tragi-comedy*.

* Modern Dance
(Because everybody who did ancient dance is dead already.)

http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t5.jpg

Dancers, musicians, trainers, and choreographers continue to push
and explore the boundaries of what can be communicated through
dance. Three questions about modern modern dance.

13. Based in Montreal, and born of an athletic family (both parents
were Olympic skiers and her brother a 10-year NHL veteran),
*this dancer, choreographer, and activist* is a laureate of
the Governor General's Performing Arts Awards for Lifetime
Artistic Achievement. She received the Order of Canada in 2013.
In 2011 she mounted a passionate defense of the arts in an
infamous interview with the now-defunct Sun News Network.

14. *This American dance icon* was born in 1941 and founded her
own company in 1965. She has choreographed more than 160
works, including TV specials, movies, full-length ballets,
and 4 Broadway shows. She was named a Kennedy Center Honoree
in 2008 and has 19 honorary doctorates.

15. *This prolific choreographer* has created 18 ballets. He even
conducts some performances of his own works -- when he isn't
choreographing or directing operas for the Metropolitan Opera
or for the Royal Opera at Covent Garden. He has 11 honorary
doctorates, and in 1990 he co-founded the White Oaks Dance
Project with Mikhail Baryshnikov.

--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This one isn't close. It's not even close to
m...@vex.net | being close." --Adam Beneschan

Joshua Kreitzer

Dec 28, 2018, 11:26:04 PM12/28/18
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:MM6dnesjBZV0SbvBnZ2dnUU7-
dfN...@giganews.com:

> ** Final, Round 6 - Arts & Literature
>
> * Publishers
>
> 1. *This publisher* was founded in New York in 1924, with the
> publication of a crossword book. One of the "Big 5" of North
> American publishers, this company has the same name it did in
> 1924, it has gone through multiple changes of ownership via
> mergers and acquisitions. It is currently a division of CBS
> Corporation, and publishes bestsellers under imprints such as
> Scribner, Pocket, Touchstone, and Atria, as well as its own name.

Simon & Schuster; Random House

> 2. *This New-York-based publisher* is the second-largest in the
> English-speaking world. Its main division was founded in 1817,
> but that company merged with another company in 1990 to form
> this current behemoth. It has long been the book publishing
> arm of the News Corp. empire, and publishes under imprints such
> as Avon, Dey Street, Ecco, and William Morrow, in addition to
> its own name and its corporate cousin Harlequin.

HarperCollins

> 3. Hachette Book Group is the publishing arm of Lagardère,
> the French entertainment mega-corporation. *This imprint*,
> Hachette's most prestigious (and Time Warner Books' primary
> publishing imprint until Hachette bought TWB in 2001) was founded
> as an independent publisher in Boston in 1837. It published
> the works of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Daniel
> Webster, and "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations", the 18th edition
> of which is currently available.

Little, Brown
(that's one guess with a comma in the middle of the name, not two
guesses)

> * Tony Best Play Winners
>
> 10. The 1982 award for Best Play went to David Edgar for *this
> adaptation* of a Dickens novel. At 8.5 hours long, it was
> performed on consecutive evenings, or an early matinee and
> evening with a dinner break. It starred Roger Rees (later
> featured in "Cheers"), who won the Tony for Best Actor in a
> Play for his performance.

"Nicholas Nickleby"; "The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby"

> 11. The first woman to win the Tony Award for Best New Play was
> Wendy Wasserstein, who in 1989 also won the Pulitzer Prize for
> *this comedy*, which quickly entered the zeitgeist. It even
> influenced the original name of a famous sitcom (although that
> name was quickly changed).

"The Heidi Chronicles"

> 12. Tom Stoppard has won 4 Tony Awards for Best Play, more than
> any other playwright. His first was in 1968, for *this
> absurdist, existential tragi-comedy*.

"Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

> * Modern Dance
>
> 14. *This American dance icon* was born in 1941 and founded her
> own company in 1965. She has choreographed more than 160
> works, including TV specials, movies, full-length ballets,
> and 4 Broadway shows. She was named a Kennedy Center Honoree
> in 2008 and has 19 honorary doctorates.

Twyla Tharp

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Dan Blum

Dec 29, 2018, 10:14:29 AM12/29/18
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> ** Final, Round 6 - Arts & Literature

> * Publishers

> 1. *This publisher* was founded in New York in 1924, with the
> publication of a crossword book. One of the "Big 5" of North
> American publishers, this company has the same name it did in
> 1924, it has gone through multiple changes of ownership via
> mergers and acquisitions. It is currently a division of CBS
> Corporation, and publishes bestsellers under imprints such as
> Scribner, Pocket, Touchstone, and Atria, as well as its own name.

Simon & Schuster

> 2. *This New-York-based publisher* is the second-largest in the
> English-speaking world. Its main division was founded in 1817,
> but that company merged with another company in 1990 to form
> this current behemoth. It has long been the book publishing
> arm of the News Corp. empire, and publishes under imprints such
> as Avon, Dey Street, Ecco, and William Morrow, in addition to
> its own name and its corporate cousin Harlequin.

Random House; Scribner's

> 3. Hachette Book Group is the publishing arm of Lagard?re,
> the French entertainment mega-corporation. *This imprint*,
> Hachette's most prestigious (and Time Warner Books' primary
> publishing imprint until Hachette bought TWB in 2001) was founded
> as an independent publisher in Boston in 1837. It published
> the works of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Daniel
> Webster, and "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations", the 18th edition
> of which is currently available.

Scribner's

> * Renaissance Sculpture

> 4. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/4.jpg

> *This artist*'s David was sculpted c.1440-60 in bronze.

Leonardo da Vinci; Donatello

> 5. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/5.jpg

> *This sculpture*, in the Mannerist (or Late Renaissance) style,
> was created by Flemish artist Jean de Boulogne -- better known
> by his Italianized name, Giambologna. It has been displayed
> since 1583 in the open-air gallery Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence's
> Piazza del Signoria.

The Death of Patroclus

> 6. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/6.jpg

> *This artist*'s Medusa was sculpted circa 1640 in marble.

Donatello

> * Tony Best Play Winners

> 10. The 1982 award for Best Play went to David Edgar for *this
> adaptation* of a Dickens novel. At 8.5 hours long, it was
> performed on consecutive evenings, or an early matinee and
> evening with a dinner break. It starred Roger Rees (later
> featured in "Cheers"), who won the Tony for Best Actor in a
> Play for his performance.

Nicholas Nickleby

> 11. The first woman to win the Tony Award for Best New Play was
> Wendy Wasserstein, who in 1989 also won the Pulitzer Prize for
> *this comedy*, which quickly entered the zeitgeist. It even
> influenced the original name of a famous sitcom (although that
> name was quickly changed).

The Heidi Chronicles

> 12. Tom Stoppard has won 4 Tony Awards for Best Play, more than
> any other playwright. His first was in 1968, for *this
> absurdist, existential tragi-comedy*.

Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead; The Real Inspector Hound

> * Modern Dance

> 14. *This American dance icon* was born in 1941 and founded her
> own company in 1965. She has choreographed more than 160
> works, including TV specials, movies, full-length ballets,
> and 4 Broadway shows. She was named a Kennedy Center Honoree
> in 2008 and has 19 honorary doctorates.

Graham

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Pete Gayde

Dec 31, 2018, 9:13:55 PM12/31/18
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in news:MM6dnesjBZV0SbvBnZ2dnUU7-
dfN...@giganews.com:

Dell

> 2. *This New-York-based publisher* is the second-largest in the
> English-speaking world. Its main division was founded in 1817,
> but that company merged with another company in 1990 to form
> this current behemoth. It has long been the book publishing
> arm of the News Corp. empire, and publishes under imprints such
> as Avon, Dey Street, Ecco, and William Morrow, in addition to
> its own name and its corporate cousin Harlequin.

Penguin

> 3. Hachette Book Group is the publishing arm of Lagardère,
> the French entertainment mega-corporation. *This imprint*,
> Hachette's most prestigious (and Time Warner Books' primary
> publishing imprint until Hachette bought TWB in 2001) was founded
> as an independent publisher in Boston in 1837. It published
> the works of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Daniel
> Webster, and "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations", the 18th edition
> of which is currently available.

Penguin

> * Renaissance Sculpture
> (Much like classical sculpture, except with fewer togas.)
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t2.jpg
>
> Michelangelo may be the most famous, but there are many others who
> weren't exactly slouches! Three questions about sculptors active
> either during the Renaissance or Baroque periods of sculpture.
>
> 4. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/4.jpg
>
> *This artist*'s David was sculpted c.1440-60 in bronze.

Cellini

> 5. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/5.jpg
>
> *This sculpture*, in the Mannerist (or Late Renaissance) style,
> was created by Flemish artist Jean de Boulogne -- better known
> by his Italianized name, Giambologna. It has been displayed
> since 1583 in the open-air gallery Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence's
> Piazza del Signoria.

Rape of the Sabine Woman
David Copperfield; Great Expectations

> 11. The first woman to win the Tony Award for Best New Play was
> Wendy Wasserstein, who in 1989 also won the Pulitzer Prize for
> *this comedy*, which quickly entered the zeitgeist. It even
> influenced the original name of a famous sitcom (although that
> name was quickly changed).

The Vagina Monologues

> 12. Tom Stoppard has won 4 Tony Awards for Best Play, more than
> any other playwright. His first was in 1968, for *this
> absurdist, existential tragi-comedy*.
>

> * Modern Dance
> (Because everybody who did ancient dance is dead already.)
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t5.jpg
>
> Dancers, musicians, trainers, and choreographers continue to push
> and explore the boundaries of what can be communicated through
> dance. Three questions about modern modern dance.
>
> 13. Based in Montreal, and born of an athletic family (both parents
> were Olympic skiers and her brother a 10-year NHL veteran),
> *this dancer, choreographer, and activist* is a laureate of
> the Governor General's Performing Arts Awards for Lifetime
> Artistic Achievement. She received the Order of Canada in 2013.
> In 2011 she mounted a passionate defense of the arts in an
> infamous interview with the now-defunct Sun News Network.
>
> 14. *This American dance icon* was born in 1941 and founded her
> own company in 1965. She has choreographed more than 160
> works, including TV specials, movies, full-length ballets,
> and 4 Broadway shows. She was named a Kennedy Center Honoree
> in 2008 and has 19 honorary doctorates.

Martha Graham

> 15. *This prolific choreographer* has created 18 ballets. He even
> conducts some performances of his own works -- when he isn't
> choreographing or directing operas for the Metropolitan Opera
> or for the Royal Opera at Covent Garden. He has 11 honorary
> doctorates, and in 1990 he co-founded the White Oaks Dance
> Project with Mikhail Baryshnikov.

Pete Gayde

Mark Brader

Jan 2, 2019, 6:08:45 PM1/2/19
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2018-08-07,
> and should be interpreted accordingly... I will reveal the correct
> answers in about 4 days.

Whoops, I've let this run almost a whole extra day. Sorry.

> For further information see my 2018-07-16 companion posting on
> "Questions from the Canadian Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> Just for fun, here are the decorative illustrations that you would
> have seen if you were doing the audio round:

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/r.jpg
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t1.jpg
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t2.jpg
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t3.jpg
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t4.jpg
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-5/t5.jpg

> And now:

> ** Final, Round 6 - Arts & Literature
> (For all the snobs who won't admit they watch "American Ninja
> Warrior" every week.)

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/r.jpg

In the original game, this round and the audio round were tied
for hardest. Anyone surprised by that?

> Throughout the Final game, in all cases name the person or thing
> *emphasized*, whether it is asked for in the form of a question
> or not.

> * Publishers
> (AKA the people that half the people in this league work for.)

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t1.jpg

> As the publishing industry faces increasing conglomerization,
> the imprint is still the basis of the book business. We'll give
> you clues and perhaps some of a publisher's imprints; you name
> the global publishing behemoth.

> 1. *This publisher* was founded in New York in 1924, with the
> publication of a crossword book. One of the "Big 5" of North
> American publishers, this company has the same name it did in
> 1924, it has gone through multiple changes of ownership via
> mergers and acquisitions. It is currently a division of CBS
> Corporation, and publishes bestsellers under imprints such as
> Scribner, Pocket, Touchstone, and Atria, as well as its own name.

Simon and Schuster. 4 for Dan. 3 for Joshua.

> 2. *This New-York-based publisher* is the second-largest in the
> English-speaking world. Its main division was founded in 1817,
> but that company merged with another company in 1990 to form
> this current behemoth. It has long been the book publishing
> arm of the News Corp. empire, and publishes under imprints such
> as Avon, Dey Street, Ecco, and William Morrow, in addition to
> its own name and its corporate cousin Harlequin.

HarperCollins. 4 for Joshua.

> 3. Hachette Book Group is the publishing arm of Lagardère,
> the French entertainment mega-corporation. *This imprint*,
> Hachette's most prestigious (and Time Warner Books' primary
> publishing imprint until Hachette bought TWB in 2001) was founded
> as an independent publisher in Boston in 1837. It published
> the works of Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, and Daniel
> Webster, and "Bartlett's Familiar Quotations", the 18th edition
> of which is currently available.

Little, Brown. (That's one answer with a comma in the middle of
the name, not two answers.) 4 for Joshua.

> * Renaissance Sculpture
> (Much like classical sculpture, except with fewer togas.)

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t2.jpg

> Michelangelo may be the most famous, but there are many others who
> weren't exactly slouches! Three questions about sculptors active
> either during the Renaissance or Baroque periods of sculpture.

> 4. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/4.jpg

> *This artist*'s David was sculpted c.1440-60 in bronze.

Donatello. 2 for Dan.

> 5. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/5.jpg

> *This sculpture*, in the Mannerist (or Late Renaissance) style,
> was created by Flemish artist Jean de Boulogne -- better known
> by his Italianized name, Giambologna. It has been displayed
> since 1583 in the open-air gallery Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence's
> Piazza del Signoria.

"Rape of the Sabine Women". 4 for Pete.

> 6. See: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/sculp/6.jpg

> *This artist*'s Medusa was sculpted circa 1640 in marble.

Gian Lorenzo Bernini.

> * Indigenous Authors

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t3.jpg

> Indigenous writers are, the world over, now becoming more recognized
> than ever for their achievements.

> 7. *This Ojibway novelist*, playwright, and journalist from the
> Curve Lake First Nations in Ontario was a finalist for the
> Governor General's award in Fiction for his 2010 debut novel
> "Motorcycles and Sweetgrass". His most recent fiction is a
> collection of First-Nations-inspired science-fiction stories,
> "Take Me to Your Chief".

Drew Hayden Taylor.

> 8. A member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, *this
> writer*'s award-winning fiction reflects aspects of her German,
> French, and Ojibwa heritage; she often sets her works in North
> Dakota. Her works include "The Master Butchers Singing Club",
> "The Round House", and "LaRose".

Louise Erdrich.

> 9. *This teacher and academic writer* is from the Kelly Lake Cree
> Nation community in British Columbia. Her debut novel "Birdie"
> was a national bestseller and was selected for the 2016 "Canada
> Reads" competition on CBC.

Tracey Lindberg.

> * Tony Best Play Winners
> (Remember how we did that round about Tony-award-winning musicals?
> Like that, except no music.)

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t4.jpg

> Although musicals get more attention, non-musical plays -- or as
> they call them, "plays" -- are the other half of the Tony Awards,
> and the Best Play award has been awarded to some of the greatest
> stage works in modern history (like "Death of a Salesman",
> pictured). Three questions about some of these plays.

> 10. The 1982 award for Best Play went to David Edgar for *this
> adaptation* of a Dickens novel. At 8.5 hours long, it was
> performed on consecutive evenings, or an early matinee and
> evening with a dinner break. It starred Roger Rees (later
> featured in "Cheers"), who won the Tony for Best Actor in a
> Play for his performance.

"The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby". The last two words
were sufficient. 4 for Joshua (the hard way) and Dan.

> 11. The first woman to win the Tony Award for Best New Play was
> Wendy Wasserstein, who in 1989 also won the Pulitzer Prize for
> *this comedy*, which quickly entered the zeitgeist. It even
> influenced the original name of a famous sitcom (although that
> name was quickly changed).

"The Heidi Chronicles". ("The Seinfeld Chronicles" was changed to
"Seinfeld" after the pilot episode.) 4 for Joshua and Dan.

> 12. Tom Stoppard has won 4 Tony Awards for Best Play, more than
> any other playwright. His first was in 1968, for *this
> absurdist, existential tragi-comedy*.

"Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead". 4 for Joshua. 3 for Dan.

> * Modern Dance
> (Because everybody who did ancient dance is dead already.)

> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/msb/f-6/t5.jpg

> Dancers, musicians, trainers, and choreographers continue to push
> and explore the boundaries of what can be communicated through
> dance. Three questions about modern modern dance.

> 13. Based in Montreal, and born of an athletic family (both parents
> were Olympic skiers and her brother a 10-year NHL veteran),
> *this dancer, choreographer, and activist* is a laureate of
> the Governor General's Performing Arts Awards for Lifetime
> Artistic Achievement. She received the Order of Canada in 2013.
> In 2011 she mounted a passionate defense of the arts in an
> infamous interview with the now-defunct Sun News Network.

Margie Gillis.

> 14. *This American dance icon* was born in 1941 and founded her
> own company in 1965. She has choreographed more than 160
> works, including TV specials, movies, full-length ballets,
> and 4 Broadway shows. She was named a Kennedy Center Honoree
> in 2008 and has 19 honorary doctorates.

Twyla Tharp. 4 for Joshua.

> 15. *This prolific choreographer* has created 18 ballets. He even
> conducts some performances of his own works -- when he isn't
> choreographing or directing operas for the Metropolitan Opera
> or for the Royal Opera at Covent Garden. He has 11 honorary
> doctorates, and in 1990 he co-founded the White Oaks Dance
> Project with Mikhail Baryshnikov.

Mark Morris.

Scores, if there are no errors:

FINAL ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 TOTALS
TOPICS-> His Ent Spo A+L
Dan Blum 38 22 16 17 93
Joshua Kreitzer 23 20 18 27 88
Pete Gayde 13 17 27 4 61
Bruce Bowler 20 8 8 -- 36
"Calvin" 11 14 -- -- 25
Dan Tilque -- 4 12 -- 16
Erland Sommarskog 0 0 8 -- 8

--
Mark Brader, Toronto "If all is not lost,
m...@vex.net then where the heck is it?"