Calvin's Quiz #472

Calvin

Jan 29, 2017, 7:03:29 PM1/29/17

1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?
2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?
3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?
4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?
5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?
6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?
7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?
8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?
9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?
10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Jan 29, 2017, 7:28:34 PM1/29/17
"Calvin":
> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving
> works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Livy?

> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by
> Dana Lyon?

Cows with crossbows?

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

Cricket.

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

9th.

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature
> is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on
> its back?

Turtle.

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

Alabama?

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the
> Latin word for "I roll"?

Volvo.

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogen peroxide.

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what
> other method?

Radiation.

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Nutmeg.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | Good Lord, it's not a locomotive.
m...@vex.net | --Tony Cooper

Don Piven

Jan 29, 2017, 8:36:21 PM1/29/17
On 1/29/17 18:03, Calvin wrote:

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?
> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?

Buffalo

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?
> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

9th.

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?

Turtle.

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

Mississippi.

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?

Volvo.

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogen peroxide.

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?

Radiation.

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Nutmeg.

Dan Blum

Jan 29, 2017, 9:40:01 PM1/29/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Livy

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

basketball

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?

turtle

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?

Volvo

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

hydrogen peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?

radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

nutmeg

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Jan 29, 2017, 9:44:52 PM1/29/17
Don Piven:
> Mississippi.

Dang! I knew it was around there, but forgot about the alliteration.
--
Mark Brader | "This is just the result of someone sitting down before
Toronto | a computer and carefully removing his head first.
| -- Leonard Wibberley

Dan Tilque

Jan 29, 2017, 9:52:11 PM1/29/17
Calvin wrote:
> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Cicero

> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?

gnu

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

rugby

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

9th

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?

astrochelonian (i.e. giant space turtle)

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

Mississippi

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?

Volvo

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

hydrogen peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?

radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

nutmeg

--
Dan Tilque

Marc Dashevsky

Jan 30, 2017, 6:38:27 AM1/30/17
In article <0daccb1a-dc2f-4c15...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?
> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?
> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?
> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?
9th

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?
> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?
Mississippi

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?
> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?
hydrogen peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?
radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?
nutmeg

> cheers,
> calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Jan 30, 2017, 7:56:13 AM1/30/17
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works
> of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Tacitus

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

The 9th.

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

PA

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin
> word for "I roll"?

Volvo

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogenperoxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other
> method?

Radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Nutmeg

Gareth Owen

Jan 30, 2017, 1:53:01 PM1/30/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works
> of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Tacitus

> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana
> Lyon?

Cows With Guns. Used to play that in a band.

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

Cricket?

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

Erm .... 7.

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is
> the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its
> back?

A Turtle

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

Mississippi

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin
> word for "I roll"?

Seat?

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogen Peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other
> method?

Radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Cinnamon

Pete

Jan 30, 2017, 5:20:41 PM1/30/17
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving
> works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Cato

> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit
> by Dana Lyon?

Cows

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

Cricket

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

9th

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature
> is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its
> back?

Whale

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud
> pie cake?

Georgia

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from
> the Latin word for "I roll"?

Opel

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogen peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection
> or what other method?

Induction

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Nutmeg

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Peter Smyth

Jan 30, 2017, 7:01:38 PM1/30/17
Calvin wrote:

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works
> of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?
Pliny
> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana
> Lyon?
Cows with Swords?
> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?
Golf
> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?
9th
> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is
> the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its
> back?
Turtle
> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?
Mississippi
> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin
> word for "I roll"?
Fiat
> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?
Hydrogen Peroxide
> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other
> method?
Radiation
> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?
Paprika

Peter Smyth

ArenEss

Feb 1, 2017, 10:46:06 AM2/1/17
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:03:28 -0800 (PST), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?
Tacitus
>2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?
Cows with Guns
>3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?
>4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?
9th
>5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?
Turtle
>6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?
Mississippi
>7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?
Volvo
>8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?
Hydrogen Peroxide
>9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?
Radiation
>10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?
Nutmeg

>cheers,
>calvin

ArenEss

Calvin

Feb 5, 2017, 5:26:33 PM2/5/17
On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 10:03:29 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 The "Annals" and the "Histories" are the two major surviving works of which Roman historian and senator (c. 56 - 117 AD)?

Tacitus

> 2 Which ruminants were armed with which weapons in a 1996 hit by Dana Lyon?

Cows with Guns

> 3 Fast5 is a version of which ball sport?

Netball
No one got this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast5

> 4 Which of Beethoven's 9 symphonies is nicknamed the Choral?

Ninth

> 5 In Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" novels, what type of creature is the Great A'Tuin which carries the Discworld through space on its back?

Turtle

> 6 Which US state is often associated with a chocolate mud pie cake?

Mississippi [mud cake]

> 7 Which European car manufacturer's name is derived from the Latin word for "I roll"?

Volvo

> 8 Which compound has the chemical formula H2O2?

Hydrogen Peroxide

> 9 Heat can be transferred by conduction, convection or what other method?

Radiation

> 10 Which spice is the traditional garnish for eggnog?

Nutmeg
and certainly not paprika as someone suggested :-)

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 472
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 59 Aren Ess
0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 54 Dan Tilque
0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 7 54 Don Liven
1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 6 37 Gareth Owen