Calvin's Quiz score amendments, CQ 478-481

Calvin

May 4, 2017, 9:07:52 PM5/4/17
Hi all

A couple of weeks ago Mark identified an error in my tie break scores which potentially affected placings (though not raw scores). It was a copy and paste of absolute cell references that caused it, and it has now been resolved. I've been through this year's calvin's quizzes and 478 to 481 inclusive were affected. Only in CQ480 did it have a material impact on the first three placegetters, so here are the amended scores for it:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 480
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 68 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 75 Gareth Owen
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 75 Aren Ess
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 75 Marc Dashevsky
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 7 58 Peter Smyth
1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 7 64 Pete Gayde
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 6 56 Don Piven
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 6 56 Mark Brader
1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 5 46 Erland S
1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 5 47 Dan Tilque
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 5 49 Bruce Bowler
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
11 9 8 10 11 7 8 7 4 2 77 70%

Apologies for the error, and thanks again to Mark for identifying it.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

May 4, 2017, 9:14:01 PM5/4/17
"Calvin":
> Apologies for the error, and thanks again to Mark for identifying it.

You're welcome again. However, on CQ 480 you still haven't applied
Dan Tilque's correction, which would give the table I posted before.
--
Mark Brader | "Youths steal funds for charity"
Toronto | --White Plains, NY, Reporter Dispatch

Calvin

May 4, 2017, 11:48:55 PM5/4/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 11:14:01 AM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:
> "Calvin":
> > Apologies for the error, and thanks again to Mark for identifying it.
>
> You're welcome again. However, on CQ 480 you still haven't applied
> Dan Tilque's correction, which would give the table I posted before.

Indeed :-)

So to recap given everyone's probably forgotten what the question was: Bull, leopard and zebra are varieties of which animal?

I'm now accepting shark or frog but *not* finch.

Revised scores, at least until the next update:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 480
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 66 Dan Blum
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 73 Gareth Owen
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 73 Aren Ess
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 73 Marc Dashevsky