Calvin's Quiz #427

Calvin

Feb 21, 2016, 7:58:23 PM2/21/16

1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?
2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the food additive classification system?
3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?
4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which animated children's TV show?
5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?
6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?
7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?
8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?
9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and 1991?
10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Tilque

Feb 21, 2016, 9:42:47 PM2/21/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?

Creedence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the food additive classification system?

> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?

Ghana

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which animated children's TV show?

Spongebob Squarepants

> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?

Cuba

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

USA

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

salmon

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?

Stuttgart

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and 1991?

Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?

folate

--
Dan Tilque

Mark Brader

Feb 21, 2016, 11:39:48 PM2/21/16
"Calvin":

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom
> Fogarty in 1967?

The Alligator Stones. :-)

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number
> in the food additive classification system?

E.

> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which
> west African country?

Ghana.

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters
> on which animated children's TV show?

"Spongebob Squarepants"?

> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of
> life expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living,
> and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean
> country ranked third in the north and central America and
> Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?

Barbados?

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

USA.

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

Salmon.

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?

Mittelstadt. (I just made that up.)

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between
> 1924 and 1991?

Leningrad.

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to
> protect against various congenital deformities?

B12?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I don't know about your brain,
m...@vex.net | but mine is really bossy." -- Laurie Anderson

Erland Sommarskog

Feb 22, 2016, 3:17:40 AM2/22/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom
> Fogarty in 1967?

Credence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the
> food additive classification system?

> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west
> African country?

Ghana

(Hey, you took that one from one my quizzes. :-)

> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life
> expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of
> life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the
> north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and
> Canada?

Barbados

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

USA

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?

Stuttgart

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and
> 1991?

Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect
> against various congenital deformities?

B12

Björn Lundin

Feb 22, 2016, 10:53:17 AM2/22/16
On 2016-02-22 01:58, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?
Creedence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the food additive classification system?
> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?
Mali?
> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which animated children's TV show?
> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?
Cuba
> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?
USA
> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?
> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?
Stuttgart
> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and 1991?
Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?
B2

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Joe

Feb 22, 2016, 12:56:12 PM2/22/16
On 2016-02-22 00:58:22 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?

CCR

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the
> food additive classification system?

> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?

Ghana

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which
> animated children's TV show?

The Muppets

> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life
> expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of
> life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the
> north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and
> Canada?

Barbados

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

USA

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

Salmon

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Peter Smyth

Feb 22, 2016, 1:20:57 PM2/22/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom
> Fogarty in 1967?
Creedence Clearwater Revival
> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the
> food additive classification system?
> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west
> African country?
Ghana
> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on
> which animated children's TV show?
Captain Pugwash
> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life
> expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of
> life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in
> the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA
> and Canada?
Barbados
> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?
USA
> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?
Tuna
> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?
Stuttgart
> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and
> 1991?
Leningrad
> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect
> against various congenital deformities?
Folic acid

Peter Smyth

bbowler

Feb 22, 2016, 1:48:11 PM2/22/16
On Sun, 21 Feb 2016 16:58:22 -0800, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom
Fogarty
in
> 1967?

Credence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the
> food additive classification system?
> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west
African
> country?
> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which
> animated children's TV show?
> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life
> expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of
> life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the
> north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and
> Canada?
> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

United States

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

Salmon

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?

Stuttgart

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and
> 1991?

Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect
against
> various congenital deformities?

Folic Acid (B9)

Pete

Feb 22, 2016, 3:31:50 PM2/22/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom
> Fogarty in 1967?

Creedence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4
> digit number in the food additive classification system?

> 3 Former
> UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?

Ghana

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on
> which animated children's TV show?

Dora the Explorer

> 5 The UN Human Development
> Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy,
> education, standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data
> set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the north and central
> America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?

Aruba

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

United States

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

Salmon

> 8 What is the only German city that has
> four T's in its name?
> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg
> known by between 1924 and 1991?

Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended
> for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?

B12

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 24, 2016, 11:27:07 PM2/24/16
In article <15fdf5a2-3a92-4a32...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?
Creedence Clearwater Revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the food additive classification system?
> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?
Ghana

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which animated children's TV show?
> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education,
> standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked
> third in the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?
Cuba

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?
U.S.

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?
salmon

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?
Stuttgart (I had not noticed previously)

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and 1991?
Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?
folic acid

> cheers,
> calvin

Calvin

Feb 25, 2016, 8:14:52 PM2/25/16
On Monday, February 22, 2016 at 10:58:23 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which "swamp-rock" band was formed by brothers John and Tom Fogarty in 1967?

Credence Clearwater revival

> 2 Which letter of the alphabet precedes a 3 or 4 digit number in the food additive classification system?

> 3 Former UN General Secretary Kofi Annan hails from which west African country?

Ghana

> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on which animated children's TV show?

Octonauts
No one got this. See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1710177/

> 5 The UN Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, standards of living, and quality of life. In its 2013 data set, which Caribbean country ranked third in the north and central America and Caribbean region, following the USA and Canada?

Cuba

> 6 In which country is the airline company Boeing based?

USA

> 7 Sockeye is a species of which fish?

Salmon

> 8 What is the only German city that has four T's in its name?

Stuttgart

> 9 What name was the city of St Petersburg known by between 1924 and 1991?

Leningrad

> 10 Which B vitamin is recommended for pregnant women to protect against various congenital deformities?

B9 / Folic acid

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 427
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 53 Dan Tilque
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 53 Marc Dashevsky
1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 7 49 Peter Smyth
1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 7 51 Joe
1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 6 41 Bjorn Lundin
1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 6 43 Bruce Bowler
1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 6 45 Erland S
0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 5 36 Mark Brader
1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 5 39 Pete Gayde
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
8 5 7 0 3 9 6 7 9 4 58 64%

Congratulations Dan and Marc.

cheers,
calvin

Gareth Owen

Feb 27, 2016, 1:27:56 AM2/27/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

>> 4 Captain Barnacle, Kwazii and Peso are among the characters on
>> which animated children's TV show?
>
> Octonauts
> No one got this. See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1710177/

Really? We love it at our house. "Shiver me whiskers!!"

Calvin

Feb 27, 2016, 6:12:49 PM2/27/16
Sound the Octo-alert!

cheers,