Calvin's Quiz #610

Calvin

Aug 31, 2020, 9:34:31 PM8/31/20

1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?
2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?
3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?
4  As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?
5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?
6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?
7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?
8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?
9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?
10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Sep 1, 2020, 12:37:32 AM9/1/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Andy Warhol

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?

Titanic

> 4 ??As part of the 1783??Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and??East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

red

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Hubei

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Sep 1, 2020, 1:58:21 AM9/1/20
"Calvin":
> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply
> superficial person?

Warhol?

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago.

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's
> soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?

Interesting question. I'll guess "Chicago", though I think
that was quite a bit later.

> 4 As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded
> the territories of West Florida and East Florida to which
> other power?

Spain.

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

Honey.

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

Blue?

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Sichuan?

> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?

They're grasses.

> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic
> (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?

Ginger?

> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC,
> and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

Johnson.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "I can't tell from this... whether you're
m...@vex.net | a wise man or a wise guy." --Ted Schuerzinger

Mark Brader

Sep 1, 2020, 2:00:29 AM9/1/20
Mark Brader:
> Interesting question. I'll guess "Chicago", though I think
> that was quite a bit later.

(Looks up correct answer)

Hey, I *have* that soundtrack album! Never would've guessed it.
--
Mark Brader | "The closest I can get to describing her is to compare
Toronto | the feeling one gets from picking up a ten-card suit..."

Erland Sommarskog

Sep 1, 2020, 2:52:00 PM9/1/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Prince

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 4  As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the
> territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Hubei

Dan Tilque

Sep 1, 2020, 11:41:42 PM9/1/20
On 8/31/20 6:34 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Andy Warhol

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?
> 4  As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

yellow

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?
> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?
> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?

Posh Spice

> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

--
Dan Tilque

Chris F.A. Johnson

Sep 2, 2020, 8:08:05 PM9/2/20
On 2020-09-01, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Warhol

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?
> 4 ??As part of the 1783??Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and??East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

Honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

Red

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Hubei

> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?

Types of grass

> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?

Posh (the only Spice Girl name I know)

> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com/>
=========================== Author: ===============================

Pete Gayde

Sep 2, 2020, 8:23:02 PM9/2/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial
> person?

Dali

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack
> is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?

Titanic

> 4  As part of the
> 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West
> Florida and East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

Honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

Red

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Guangdong

> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue
> and zoysia, among many others?

Grasses

> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo
> albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
> (2001)?
> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool
> FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Joe Masters

Sep 13, 2020, 3:23:21 PM9/13/20
On 2020-09-01 01:34:30 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Warhol?

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is
> the top-selling soundtrack of all time?

Pretty Woman

> 4  As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the
> territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

Honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

Green?

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?
> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?

> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and
> Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?

Mel B

> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32
> internationals for Zimbabwe?

Bruce Grobbelar

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

R. Ess

Sep 13, 2020, 10:45:36 PM9/13/20
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 18:34:30 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?
Warhol
>2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?
Tobago
>3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?
The Bodyguard
>4  As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?
Spain
>5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?
Honey
>6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?
Red
>7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?
Hubei
>8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?
Types of grasses
>9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?
Geri Hallowell
>10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

ArenEss

>cheers,
>calvin

Calvin

Sep 15, 2020, 9:44:59 PM9/15/20

Apologies for the delay.

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:34:31 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which 20th century artist claimed to be a deeply superficial person?

Andy Warhol

> 2 Which island forms a country along with Trinidad?

Tobago

> 3 With over 30 million copies sold, which 1992 movie's soundtrack is the top-selling soundtrack of all time?

The Bodyguard
Singleton for Aren

> 4 As part of the 1783 Peace of Paris, Great Britain ceded the territories of West Florida and East Florida to which other power?

Spain

> 5 What is the signature ingredient of the alcoholic beverage mead?

Honey

> 6 What colour is the Sesame street character Elmo?

Red

> 7 Wuhan is the capital city of which Chinese province?

Hubei

> 8 What links buffalo, kikuyu, fescue and zoysia, among many others?

[Types of] Grass

> 9 Which former Spice Girl's solo albums include Schizophonic (1999) and Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (2001)?

Ginger / Geri Halliwell

> 10 Which goalkeeper played over 400 games for Liverpool FC, and 32 internationals for Zimbabwe?

Bruce Grobelaar

Singleton for Joe

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 610
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 44 Aren Ess
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 7 41 Chris Johnson
1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 6 35 Mark Brader
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 6 37 Dan Blum