Golden Oldies Lyrics Quiz 364 (GOLQ364)

The GOLQ Institute

Jun 5, 2017, 12:06:28 AM6/5/17
Welcome to the May edition of the quiz.
There are no intended themes this time.

-- Howard Teitelbaum

Blindly searching for lyrics on the Internet is not in the spirit
of the GOLQs, and we disapprove of this practice.

Entries are due by 5:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
E-mail early, because you can't be sure of how long it will take for
your message to reach GOLQ World Headquarters.

DO NOT POST your answers to any newsgroups, discussion forums, etc.
E-mail your entry to <gol...@golq.org>. By using this address, you
will be able to determine whether your entry has been received by
viewing the GOLQ entry log at http://golq.org/cgi-bin/golqentry.cgi.

Use this address only for GOLQ364-related mail. After the quiz is
over, mail to this address will be discarded without being read.

The web site for the Golden Oldies Lyrics Quiz is at http://golq.org.
There you will find:

- the GOLQ rules http://golq.org/rules.html
- instructions for subscribing to the GOLQ mailing list
- the current quiz http://golq.org/current.html
- an archive of past quizzes and results http://golq.org/archive.html

Golden Oldies Lyrics Quiz #364
Recordings #01-25 were from 1955 through 1969
Due 5:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.

'Til we touched
I never knew the touch was worth revealing
Until we touched
I never knew my heart was really beating
#01)

How can you think love will end
When I've asked you to spend your whole life with me
#02)

Come on baby, form a big boss line
Come on baby, don't you fall behind
That's it baby, now you're looking good
#03)

I want your eyes to see my eyes
I want your lips to touch my lips
I want your love to be my love forever more
#04)

I wanna meet ya, so I'm standin' at your door
I been a-knockin' 'til my knuckles are sore
Ah baby, let me in
I wanna be your friend
A bing-bang-biddly-bang, baby let me in
#05)

You're the only one that I rely on
A shoulder there for me to cry on
And the hours alone that I'm without you
All I ever do is think about you
#06)

Can't sleep at night
I can't eat a bite
When you were mine
I didn't treat you right
#07)

But looking at them just gives me the blues
'Cause how you gonna make some time
When all you got is one thin dime?
#08)

It would be thrilling to learn
If you'd teach me how
I'm willing to learn
Start teaching me now
#09)

There ain't no use in you crying
'Cause I'm more hurt than you
I should-a not been out flirting
But now my love is true
#10)

Under the moonlight
Squeeze me all through the night
#11)

Here he comes
The boy I'll always love
He's the one
That I've been dreaming of
#12)

When I married you, you were so sweet
Now you give me the bread and you take all the meat
You're always screamin', hollerin' loud
I'm gonna buy me a ticket to the nearest cloud
#13)

Well, he may want to buy a fancy mansion on a hill
Will you live with him forever?
Baby, that ain't such a thrill
#14)

So, get your girl and take her tandem down the street
(Bust your buns, bust your buns now)
Then she'll know you're an asphalt ath-a-lete
A downhill grade, man, will give you a kick
#15)

Weak in the knees
Loose in the head
My baby has left me
I wish that I was dead
#16)

I can feel the teardrops
The pain and sorrow
Ever since you been gone
#17)

When you belonged to me
I had a jealous mind
Too late I learned
That you were not the cheating kind
#18)

Nightgowns of regal lace
That are flowin' to the ground
Flowin' to the ground in a mist around you
#19)

I can't wait forever
Even though you want me to
#20)

Please never leave me blue and alone
If you ever go, I'm sure you'll come back home
#21)

I've seen all your qualifications
You got from the Sorbonne
And the painting you stole from Picasso
Your loveliness goes on and on, yes it does
#22)

I knew the end was in sight (in sight)
And now you're walkin' out on me (on me)
You're wonderin' where the little tears can be (can be)
#23)

Life's a funny thing
When it comes to love
You don't always conquer
The one you're dreaming of
#24)

When we go out stepping on the town for a while
My money's low and my suit's out of style
#25)

------------
Tie-Breakers
------------

We trapped them in a warehouse
And much to our surprise
There were five big machine guns
Staring in our eyes
#T1)

The hurt I put you through (baby)
Was so unfair to you (baby)
If you leave me now for someone new
#T2)

Please fill in the following information (append at the end of each line):

Name(s) =
E-mail address =
Age(s) [will be published if provided] =
Number of people (including you) who contributed to your answers =