Calvin's Quiz #418

Calvin

Nov 29, 2015, 10:28:29 PM11/29/15

1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?
2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?
3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female golfer?
4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter" in its lyrics?
5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?
6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?
8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.
9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?
10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American sporting league?

cheers,
calvin

Gareth Owen

Nov 30, 2015, 1:52:14 AM11/30/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New
> Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?

Saints

> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small
> Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly
> Everything"?

Bill Bryson

> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female
> golfer?

South Korea?

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word
> "winter" in its lyrics?

Here Comes The Sun

> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared
> regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?

Fawlty Towers

> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Aries???

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976
> and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included
> Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many
> others.

The Muppet Show?

> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Italy & Sicily?

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry
> O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major
> American sporting league?

NBA

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 30, 2015, 3:19:55 AM11/30/15
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked
> female golfer?

China

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word
> "winter" in its lyrics?

Let it Be

> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48

> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Eurasia and Sicily

Mark Brader

Nov 30, 2015, 4:07:42 AM11/30/15
"Calvin":
> 1 What nickname

(grrr)

> is shared by football teams based in
> Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?

Saints.

> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from
> a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History
> of Nearly Everything"?

Bryson.

> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one
> ranked female golfer?

American?

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the
> word "winter" in its lyrics?
> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48.

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared
> regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Pisces, I think.

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between
> 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time?
> Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch &
> Harry Belafonte among many others.
> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Sicily and Eurasia.

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The
> Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in
> which major American sporting league?

Well, it's not any of the others, so it must be the NBA.
--
Mark Brader | "One reason that life is complex is that it has
Toronto | a real part and an imaginary part."

David B

Nov 30, 2015, 5:42:22 AM11/30/15
1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans
and Southampton (UK) among others?
2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small
Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly
Everything"?

Bill Bryson.

3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female
golfer?

Chinese?

4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter"
in its lyrics?

Here comes the Sun?

5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48.

6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in
which classic BBC TV comedy series?

Are you being served?

7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Sagittarius.

8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and
1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul
Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.
9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Sicily and mainland Italy.

10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien
Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American
sporting league?

--
David B
http://waterfalls.me.uk

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 30, 2015, 8:13:05 AM11/30/15
In article <39465ae7-38c2-4f05...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?
Saints

> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?
Bill Bryson

> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female golfer?
> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter" in its lyrics?
> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?
48

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?
Aries

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.
> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?
Europe and Sicily

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American sporting league?
NBA

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Nov 30, 2015, 9:49:18 AM11/30/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne,
> New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?

Saints

> 2 Which American
> writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a
> Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?
> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked
> female golfer?

South Korean

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically -
> the word "winter" in its lyrics?

Here Comes The Sun

> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies
> who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Virgo

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between
> 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time?
> Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry
> Belafonte among many others.

The Muppet Show

> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Italian mainland and Sicily

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry
> O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major
> American sporting league?

NBA

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Peter Smyth

Nov 30, 2015, 1:34:32 PM11/30/15
Calvin wrote:

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New
> Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?
Saints
> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small
> Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly
> Everything"?
Bill Bryson
> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked
> female golfer?
South Korean
> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word
> "winter" in its lyrics?
Here Comes The Sun
> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?
48
> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared
> regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
Fawlty Towers
> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?
Pisces
> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976
> and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included
> Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many
> others.
Laugh In
> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?
Denmark and Sweden
> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry
> O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major
> American sporting league?
NBA

Peter Smyth

Björn Lundin

Nov 30, 2015, 4:26:38 PM11/30/15
On 2015-11-30 04:28, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?
> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?
> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female golfer?
South Korean
> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter" in its lyrics?
> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?
48
> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?
> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?
Scorpio
> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.
> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?
Sicilly from Italy
> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American sporting league?
>

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Dan Tilque

Dec 1, 2015, 3:33:56 AM12/1/15
Calvin wrote:
> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?

Saints

> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?

Bryson

> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female golfer?

Korean

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter" in its lyrics?
> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?

Faulty Towers (total wag)

> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Pisces

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.

Saturday Night Live ??

> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Sicily and Eurasia

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American sporting league?

National Basketball Association

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Dec 7, 2015, 5:23:22 PM12/7/15
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 1:28:29 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What nickname is shared by football teams based in Melbourne, New Orleans and Southampton (UK) among others?

Saints

> 2 Which American writer's (b. 1951) books include "Notes from a Small Island", "In a Sunburned Country" and "A Short History of Nearly Everything"?

Bill Bryson

> 3 What nationality is Lydia Ko, currently the number one ranked female golfer?

New Zealander

> 4 Which 1969 Beatles song contains - perhaps ironically - the word "winter" in its lyrics?

Here Comes the Sun

> 5 How many of the 50 US states are contiguous?

48

> 6 Miss Gatsby and Miss Tibbs were two old ladies who appeared regularly in which classic BBC TV comedy series?

Fawlty Towers

> 7 What star sign is a person who was born on St Patrick's Day?

Pisces (17 March)

> 8 Which US TV comedy-variety show ran for 120 episodes between 1976 and 1981, featuring a different guest star each time? Guests included Paul Williams, John Cleese, Raquel Welch & Harry Belafonte among many others.

The Muppet Show

> 9 The Strait of Messina separates which two land masses?

Sicily and Italy / Europe/ Eurasia

> 10 First awarded in 1984, it is manufactured by Tiffany. The Larry O'Brien Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Finals in which major American sporting league?

NBA

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 418
1 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 8 49 Gareth Owen
1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 7 36 Dan Tilque
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 7 38 Peter Smyth
1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 6 30 Mark Brader