Calvin's Quiz #592

Calvin

Mar 11, 2020, 11:54:00 PM3/11/20

1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?
3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?
4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?
5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?
6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual pleasure without vice?
7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?
8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term J'adoube?
9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!
10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

cheers,
calvin

Dan Blum

Mar 12, 2020, 12:12:40 AM3/12/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?

Goodfellas

> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?

astigmatism

> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez Canal

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?

Jamie Foxx

> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?

Sweet Home Alabama

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

Nelson Mandela

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Mark Brader

Mar 12, 2020, 12:21:35 AM3/12/20
Calvin:
> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990
> gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor
> Oscar?

"Goodfellas".

> 2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?
> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature
> of a cornea?

> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez Canal.

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical
> biographical film Ray?

Foxx.

> 6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual
> pleasure without vice?

Reading?

> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie
> features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?
> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term
> J'adoube?

Chess.

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to
> accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to
> his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

Mandela?

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material also
> known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Asbestos?
--
Mark Brader | "You wake me up early in the morning to tell me
Toronto | I am right? Please wait until I am wrong."

Erland Sommarskog

Mar 12, 2020, 4:07:31 PM3/12/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez canal

> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie
> features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?

Sweet Home Alabama

> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term
> J'adoube?

Chess

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to
> accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his
> homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

Vacláv Havel

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as
> asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Eternite

Dan Tilque

Mar 13, 2020, 4:43:51 AM3/13/20
On 3/11/20 8:53 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
> 2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?
> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?

keratoconus

(well, it's a type of abnormal curvature of the cornea, although it's
not a general term. but it's one I happen to know a good deal about.)

> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez Canal

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?
> 6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual pleasure without vice?
> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?

Sweet Home Alabama

> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term J'adoube?
> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

Lech Walesa

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

sheet rock

--
Dan Tilque

R. Ess

Mar 13, 2020, 9:40:05 AM3/13/20
On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 20:53:59 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?
Goodfellas
>2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?
Lizi Minnelli
>3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?
Astigmatism
>4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?
Suez Canal
>5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?
Jamie Foxx
>6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual pleasure without vice?
Music
>7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?
Sweet Home Alabama
>8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term J'adoube?
Checkers, Chess?
>9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!
Nelson Mandella
>10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?
Fibrolite?

ArenEss

>cheers,
>calvin

swp

Mar 13, 2020, 11:05:50 PM3/13/20
On Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 11:54:00 PM UTC-4, Calvin wrote:
> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?

goodfellas

> 2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?

liza minelli

> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?

astigmatism

> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

suez canal

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?

jamie foxx

> 6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual pleasure without vice?

music

> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?

sweet home alabama

> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term J'adoube?

chess

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

lech walesa

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

fibrolite

swp

Pete Gayde

Mar 17, 2020, 1:48:23 PM3/17/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990
> gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?

Goodfellas

> 2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?
> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of
> a cornea?
> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez Canal

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical
> biographical film Ray?

Denzel Washington

> 6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is
> the only sensual pleasure without vice?
> 7 Sharing its title with a
> Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and
> Josh Lucas?
> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the
> French term J'adoube?

Bridge

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent
> his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be
> readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years
> later!

Mandela

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material
> also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?
>
> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Mar 19, 2020, 8:46:27 PM3/19/20
On Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 1:54:00 PM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 For his role as the psychotic Tommy De Vito in which 1990 gangster film did Joe Pesci receive the Best Supporting Actor Oscar?

Goodfellas

> 2 From 1967-74, Peter Allen was married to which Oscar winner?

Liza Minelli

> 3 What is the medical term for an imperfection in the curvature of a cornea?

Astigmatism

> 4 Which waterway re-opened in 1975 after an eight-year closure?

Suez Canal

> 5 Who portrayed the title character in the 2004 musical biographical film Ray?

Jamie Foxx

> 6 What, according to Dr Samuel Johnson, is the only sensual pleasure without vice?

Music

> 7 Sharing its title with a Lynyrd Skynyrd song, which 2002 movie features Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas?

Sweet Home, Alabahma

> 8 In which game is a player most likely to utter the French term J'adoube?

Chess

> 9 Which 1983 Nobel Peace Prize winner sent his wife to Oslo to accept the prize because he feared he would not be readmitted to his homeland? He was elected President seven years later!

Lech Walesa

> 10 What is the more common name of the building material also known as asbestos cement or AC sheet?

Fibro[lite]

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 592
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 35 Stephen Perry
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 8 30 Aren Ess
1 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 5 24 Dan Blum
1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 4 19 Mark Brader