Calvin's Quiz #464

Calvin

Nov 22, 2016, 5:43:00 PM11/22/16
1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?
2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?
3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?
4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?
5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?
6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?
7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?
8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?
9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?
10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

cheers,
calvin

swp

Nov 22, 2016, 7:37:20 PM11/22/16
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:43:00 PM UTC-5, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?

philippines

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?

greed

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

easter island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?

new hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

giza

swp

Dan Tilque

Nov 22, 2016, 9:12:21 PM11/22/16
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?

India

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?

wrath

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Hungary

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?

New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

Port Said

--
Dan Tilque

Mark Brader

Nov 22, 2016, 9:23:18 PM11/22/16
"Calvin":
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> million?

Russia.

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly
> sin is missing?

Wrath, a.k.a. anger.

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Sweden.

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter I.

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the
> eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum.

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere.

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English
> county in it?

New Hampshire.

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax.

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland.

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern
> end of the Suez Canal?

Port Said.
--
Mark Brader | "I don't want to say they're unsafe,
Toronto | but they're dangerous."

Chris F.A. Johnson

Nov 23, 2016, 12:08:03 AM11/23/16
On 2016-11-22, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?

India

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?

Wrath

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum (and I believe, one other)

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?

New York, New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 23, 2016, 3:15:37 AM11/23/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> million?

I would suppose that the answer you are looking for is China.

However, while Russia has its fair share of Muslims and Buddhists, more
85 million of the 147 million living there are likely to be Christians.
You could argue that there are not 85 million people living in the Asian
part of Russia, but you only asked for an Asian country, which Russia
definitely is.

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is
> missing?

Wrath

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Miss Gustafsson was born here in Sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption
> of Mount Vesuvius?

Heraclion

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampère

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in
> it?

New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

The body

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of
> the Suez Canal?

Port Said

Mark Brader

Nov 23, 2016, 3:51:02 AM11/23/16
"Calvin":
> > 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> > million?

Erland Sommarskog:
> I would suppose that the answer you are looking for is China.

I wondered about that one too. The CIA World Factbook says 5.1% of
Chinese are Christians, though, which is only 70,000,000.

> However, while Russia has its fair share of Muslims and Buddhists, more
> 85 million of the 147 million living there are likely to be Christians.

That's how I was thinking too, though I thought the total population was
somewhat larger. The CIAWF says there are 15-20% Russian Orthodox and
2% other Christians, but that's just "practicing worshipers" and there's
a "large populations of non-practicing believers" as well as one of
"non-believers". If another 40% or so were non-practicing Christians
then it would work out right -- if we accepted Russia as an Asian country
and counted its total population.

However, what must be the actual expected answer, given by another entrant
already, is clearly a better fit.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | In the affairs of this world men are saved,
m...@vex.net | not by faith, but by the want of it. --Franklin

Björn Lundin

Nov 23, 2016, 12:36:19 PM11/23/16
On 2016-11-22 23:43, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?
India
> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?
> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?
Sweden :-)
> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?
> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?
Herculanum
> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?
Ampere
> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?
New Hampshire?
> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?
> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?
Switzerland
> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?
Port Said

> cheers,
> calvin

Björn

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 23, 2016, 1:35:41 PM11/23/16
In article <8fe8d333-bb91-448f...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?
China

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?
> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?
Sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?
Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?
Herculaeneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?
ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?
New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?
thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?
Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

> cheers,
> calvin

bbowler

Nov 23, 2016, 2:20:49 PM11/23/16
On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 14:43:00 -0800, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
million?
> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is
> missing?

Greed

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?
> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption
of
> Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in
> it?

New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

Gareth Owen

Nov 23, 2016, 4:37:59 PM11/23/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> million?

Indonesia?

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is
> missing?

Anger

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption
> of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in
> it?

New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of
> the Suez Canal?

Alexandria??

swp

Nov 23, 2016, 6:11:28 PM11/23/16
I've been reduced to "another entrant" by Mark. oh, the horror...

swp

Mark Brader

Nov 23, 2016, 6:58:44 PM11/23/16
> I've been reduced to "another entrant" by Mark.

A minor form of spoiler protection.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto, m...@vex.net
"History tells us that the Boston 'T' Party was succeeded

Peter Smyth

Nov 24, 2016, 1:38:34 PM11/24/16
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> million?
China?
> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is
> missing?
Wrath
> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?
Hungary
> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?
New Guinea
> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption
> of Mount Vesuvius?
>
> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?
Ampere
> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county
> in it?
New Hampshire
> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and
> abdomen?
Thorax
> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?
Switzerland
> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end
> of the Suez Canal?
Alexandria

Peter Smyth

Pete

Nov 26, 2016, 6:28:56 PM11/26/16
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
> million?

Philippines

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which
> deadly sin is missing?

Greed

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Sweden

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native
> language?

Cook Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by
> the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name
> of an English county in it?

New Hampshire

> 8 Which segment of an insect is
> located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt,
> lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

Alexandria

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Calvin

Nov 27, 2016, 8:56:12 PM11/27/16
On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 9:11:28 AM UTC+10, swp wrote:

> I've been reduced to "another entrant" by Mark. oh, the horror...

You should hear what he calls me :-)

cheers,
calvin

Calvin

Nov 27, 2016, 9:04:21 PM11/27/16
On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 8:43:00 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?

Philippines
I'm certainly prepared to consider appropriately referenced appeals, but most estimates for China are < 85m and fairly speculative.

> 2 Pride, Avarice, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust - which deadly sin is missing?

Wrath / Anger
Some folks answered greed which is an alternative for avarice

> 3 In which country was actress Greta Garbo born?

Sverige :-)

> 4 Which Pacific island is known as Rapa Nui in its native language?

Easter Island

> 5 In 79 AD, Pompeii and which other city were buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?

Herculaneum

> 6 What is the SI base unit of electrical current?

Ampere

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?

New Hampshire
York is a city, not a county

> 8 Which segment of an insect is located between its head and abdomen?

Thorax

> 9 Which European country's internet domain is .ch?

Switzerland

> 10 Which city, the third largest in Egypt, lies at the northern end of the Suez Canal?

Port Said

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 464
1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 72 Dan Tilque
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 76 Mark Brader
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 70 Marc Dashevsky
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 70 Stephen Perry
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 72 Gareth Owen
0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 58 Erland S
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 62 Pete Gayde
0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 7 62 Chris Johnson
0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 6 53 Bjorn Lundin
0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 6 58 Bruce Bowler
0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 5 47 Peter Smyth
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
4 6 8 8 9 11 10 9 11 4 80 73%

Congratulations Dan.

cheers,
calvin

Dan Tilque

Nov 28, 2016, 1:10:53 AM11/28/16
Calvin wrote:

> Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 464
> 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 72 Dan Tilque
> 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 76 Mark Brader
> 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 70 Marc Dashevsky
> 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 70 Stephen Perry
> 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 72 Gareth Owen
> 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 58 Erland S
> 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 62 Pete Gayde

Alas, I said India for Q1, so I only got 8 right. I believe only Stephen
and Pete got Q1 right, so Marc's score is wrong too. (I'm sure Marc will
thank me for pointing this out. Right Marc?)

So congrats to Mark.

--
Dan Tilque

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 28, 2016, 3:18:57 AM11/28/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 8:43:00 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:
>
>> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85
>>million?
>
> Philippines
> I'm certainly prepared to consider appropriately referenced appeals, but
> most estimates for China are < 85m and fairly speculative.

So far I have no objection. I repeat however, that Russia trumphs the
Phillipines, at least when it comes to nomimal Christians. (But counting
anything else definitely goes into the realm of "speculative".) And Russia
is definitely an Asian country.

Marc Dashevsky

Nov 28, 2016, 9:44:00 AM11/28/16
In article <o1ghmv$rsg$1...@dont-email.me>, dti...@frontier.com says...
I'll get into the "Thanks" frame of mind eventually.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Nov 28, 2016, 11:08:03 AM11/28/16
On 2016-11-28, Calvin wrote:
>> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?
>
> New Hampshire
> York is a city, not a county

Yorkshire is formally called the County of York.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Gareth Owen

Nov 28, 2016, 1:33:07 PM11/28/16
But New York isn't called New County of York :O

Mark Brader

Nov 28, 2016, 2:01:21 PM11/28/16
"Calvin":
>> New Hampshire
>> York is a city, not a county

Chris Johnson:
> Yorkshire is formally called the County of York.

See this page:

http://gss.civilservice.gov.uk/blog/2016/04/the-county/

So, formally, Yorkshire no longer exists. If you check the official
list of councils here:

http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491463/List_of_councils_in_England.pdf

you'll see that the string "York" now only shows up in the County of
North Yorkshire and the unitary (i.e. combined city/county) authorities
of the City of York and the East Riding of Yorkshire. (The former third
riding, West Yorkshire, has been entirely broken up into its parts.)

However, this official page:

http://www.gov.uk/government/collections/englands-traditional-counties

suggests that for information on traditional counties you should
consult the Association of British Counties site:

http://abcounties.com/

which links to a number of sites run by other people. For example, at:

http://www.gazetteer.org.uk/view.php?placeid=51511

it shows that the unitary authority of York falls within the history
county of Yorkshire. And at:

http://wikishire.co.uk/map/#/centre=53.954,-1.857/zoom=10

you see the (traditional) county name Yorkshire. On the other hand,
on the same site at:

http://wikishire.co.uk/wiki/Counties_of_the_United_Kingdom

there is support for Chris's claim; but now we're into a wiki, not
anything official about formal usage.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Strange commas are enshrined in
m...@vex.net | the US Constitution." --James Hogg

Gareth Owen

Nov 28, 2016, 2:49:25 PM11/28/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) writes:

> "Calvin":
>>> New Hampshire
>>> York is a city, not a county
>
> Chris Johnson:
>> Yorkshire is formally called the County of York.
>
> See this page:
>
> http://gss.civilservice.gov.uk/blog/2016/04/the-county/
>
> So, formally, Yorkshire no longer exists. If you check the official
> list of councils here:

Hoo boy! I hope you know what a can of worms you're opening, Mark!

I live in a part of the world that is in the Historic County of York,
but hasn't been part of even the splintered county / authorities since
the 70s.

We still celebrate Yorkshire Day (August 1), including the reading of
the Yorkshire Declaration of Integrity:

"I, [Name], being a resident of the West Riding of Yorkshire
declare:

That Yorkshire is three Ridings and the City of York, with these
Boundaries of 1141 years standing; That the address of all places in
these Ridings is Yorkshire; That all persons born therein or
resident therein and loyal to the Ridings are Yorkshiremen and
women; That any person or corporate body which deliberately ignores
or denies the aforementioned shall forfeit all claim to Yorkshire
status.

These declarations made this Yorkshire Day 2016. God Save the
Queen!" .

There are white roses in the pavements and glass, Yorkshire flags flying
from local civic building. If you come here and suggest Yorkshire
doesn't exist, the locals will cut you dead, figuratively or literally.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying be careful :)

God Bless Geoffrey Boycott!

Mark Brader

Nov 28, 2016, 6:16:25 PM11/28/16
Chris Johnson:
>>> Yorkshire is formally called the County of York.

Mark Brader:
>> So, formally, Yorkshire no longer exists. If you check the official
>> list of councils here:

Gareth Owen:
> Hoo boy! I hope you know what a can of worms you're opening, Mark!

I didn't, Chris did. Or Calvin did, depending on how you look at it.

> I live in a part of the world that is in the Historic County of York,
> but hasn't been part of even the splintered county / authorities since
> the 70s.

I have relatives in North Yorkshire and have also enjoyed several
visits to the City of York. And I live in a city that was abolished
by higher government myself -- but in my case, the name still exists
officially because it was transferred to another entity.
--
Mark Brader "...out of the dark coffee-stained mugs of
Toronto insane programmers throughout the world..."

Calvin

Nov 28, 2016, 7:14:07 PM11/28/16
On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 8:43:00 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:
> 1 Which Asian country is home to the most Christians, around 85 million?

I have corrected the scores for the two entrants who answered India. Apologies for the error.

As for Russia, it clearly straddles the Euro/Asian border but cannot be considered an Asian country in the context of the question, since that would amount to a trick question. I'd be happy to count Russian Christians who live in the Asian part of the country (only), but they are well < 85m.

> 7 What is the only US State that has the name of an English county in it?

It is a can of worms but I'm not going to allow York. These two reasonably authoritative sources list Yorkshire, not York.

http://county-wise.org.uk/counties/
http://www.britain-visitor.com/britain-travel-guide/current-counties-uk

Wikipedia and some other unofficial sites do refer to "County of York" but I don't consider those sufficient and/or current. The original protest did not cite any sources (despite being invited to) so I now consider the matter closed.

Geoffrey Boycott you say? Where is Lord Hawke when you need him? He knew how to deal with recalcitrants :-)

Revised scores:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 464
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9 76 Mark Brader
0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 8 68 Dan Tilque
1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 68 Stephen Perry
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 8 72 Gareth Owen
0 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 7 58 Erland S
1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 60 Pete Gayde
0 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 7 62 Chris Johnson
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 7 66 Marc Dashevsky
0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 6 53 Bjorn Lundin
0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 6 58 Bruce Bowler
0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 5 47 Peter Smyth
- - - - - - - - - - --- ----------
2 6 8 8 9 11 10 9 11 4 78 71%

Congratulations Mark.

cheers,
calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Nov 29, 2016, 3:28:58 AM11/29/16
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> As for Russia, it clearly straddles the Euro/Asian border but cannot be
> considered an Asian country in the context of the question, since that
> would amount to a trick question. I'd be happy to count Russian
> Christians who live in the Asian part of the country (only), but they
> are well < 85m.

A trick question to consider the largest country in Asia an Asian country?
I don't think so.

Now you were saved by the number you gave which ruled out Russia for that
reason, but next time you ask question about Asian countries, be more
careful.

Calvin

Nov 30, 2016, 6:39:11 PM11/30/16
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 6:28:58 PM UTC+10, Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> > As for Russia, it clearly straddles the Euro/Asian border but cannot be
> > considered an Asian country in the context of the question, since that
> > would amount to a trick question. I'd be happy to count Russian
> > Christians who live in the Asian part of the country (only), but they
> > are well < 85m.
> >

> A trick question to consider the largest country in Asia an Asian country?
> I don't think so.

No, a trick if one included people who didn't actually live in Asia.

> Now you were saved by the number you gave which ruled out Russia for that
> reason, but next time you ask question about Asian countries, be more
> careful.

Sure. The definition of a country is often problematic, as we have discussed here before.

cheers,
calvin