Calvin's Quiz #378

Calvin

Jan 30, 2015, 3:20:00 PM1/30/15

1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?
2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?
3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?
4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?
5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?
7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?
8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?
9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

cheers,
calvin

Erland Sommarskog

Jan 30, 2015, 4:03:20 PM1/30/15
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European
> country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967
> Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

J.S. Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?

Amstrad

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger,
> Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in
> Test Cricket?

Nisse Hult

> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

Cherry

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second
> largest French-speaking city in the world?

Montréal

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

Mark Brader

Jan 30, 2015, 8:26:12 PM1/30/15
"Calvin":
> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?

Switzerland.

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

I'll guess Mozart.

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?

Johnson.

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Lee.

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?

Johnson.

> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

Cherry.

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?

I suppose you want Montreal.

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote.

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin.

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

"Lawrence of Arabia".
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "If you wish so, we write your consummations
m...@vex.net | on your bill." --Swiss hotel services handbook

Chris F.A. Johnson

Jan 30, 2015, 11:07:55 PM1/30/15
On 2015-01-30, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?

Sugar

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

Cherry

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?

Montreal (metropolitan area)

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

--
Chris F.A. Johnson

Björn Lundin

Jan 31, 2015, 8:35:23 AM1/31/15
On 2015-01-30 21:19, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?
Switzerland
> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?
Vivaldi
> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?
> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?
Clint Eastwood
> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
Shawn whatever
> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?
Cherry
> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?
Montreal
> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?
> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
Berlin
> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?
Seven

Björn

Peter Smyth

Jan 31, 2015, 6:17:53 PM1/31/15
Calvin wrote:

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European
> country?
Switzerland
> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for
> the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?
JS Bach
> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?
Alan Sugar
> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger,
> Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?
Ang Lee
> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in
> Test Cricket?
Dennis Lillee
> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?
Cherry
> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second
> largest French-speaking city in the world?
Montreal
> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La
> Mancha?
Don Quixote
> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
Berlin
> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The
> Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Peter Smyth

Rob Parker

Jan 31, 2015, 6:21:46 PM1/31/15
> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol
> Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

JS Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?

Allan Sugar

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden
> Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test
> Cricket?

Dennis Lillee

> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

cherries

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest
> French-speaking city in the world?

Quebec (?)

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The
> Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Lawrence of Arabia

Rob

Pete

Feb 1, 2015, 12:46:23 AM2/1/15
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European
> country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for
> the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in
> 1968?

Amdahl

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching
> Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian
> to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?

Bradman

> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

Cherry

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the
> second largest French-speaking city in the world?

Port au Prince

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book
> The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Lawrence of Arabia

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete

Dan Tilque

Feb 1, 2015, 10:35:19 PM2/1/15
Calvin wrote:
> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

Mozart

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?
> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?
> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?
> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?

Dakar

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Lawrence of Arabia

--
Dan Tilque

Marc Dashevsky

Feb 2, 2015, 12:35:07 PM2/2/15
In article <e9339afc-bfe8-4c0f...@googlegroups.com>, 334...@gmail.com says...

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?
Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?
JS Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?
> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?
Ang Li

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?
> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?
cherry

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?
Montreal

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?
Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?
Lawrence of Arabia

Calvin

Feb 6, 2015, 3:27:07 PM2/6/15
On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 6:20:00 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 Toblerone chocolate is traditionally produced in which European country?

Switzerland

> 2 Which classical composer's work inspired the melody for the 1967 Procol Harum hit A Whiter Shade of Pale?

JS Bach

> 3 Who founded the Amstrad electronics and computer company in 1968?

Allan Sugar

> 4 Which Oscar-winning director's films include Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain?

Ang Lee

> 5 In 1981 who became the first Australian to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket?

Dennis Lillee

> 6 What fruit is traditionally used to make the liqueur kirsch?

Cherry

> 7 With a population of almost four million, what is the second largest French-speaking city in the world?

Montreal

> 8 Which literary character inspired the musical Man of La Mancha?

Don Quixote

> 9 In which European city is the Brandenburg Gate located?

Berlin

> 10 Which Oscar-winning David Lean film was based on the 1922 book The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Laurence of Arabia

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 378
1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 9 55 Rob Parker
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 9 56 Peter Smyth
1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 8 54 Chris Johnson
1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 7 48 Marc Dashevsky