Answer to a not-so-tough Cheers question

Timothy D. Moy

Nov 7, 1990, 2:42:40 PM11/7/90
Well, as several people have correctly responded, the answer to my not-
so-impossible Cheers trivia question ("What is the sign hanging over the
door inside the bar?") is:

Maximum
Room
Capacity
75 Persons

My hint did little more than exhibit to the world my ignorance of bar-life.
I had thought that a limit of 75 was awfully low, and would make the bar
financially untenable. After being thoroughly chastised by my wife, I
called up Bull & Finch (I don't have to identify them, now do I? ;-) ) and
found that their max capacity is about 130, including the back room.

The "This is a Square House" sign hangs on the wall near the corridor to
the bathroom, and reads, in its entirety, "This is a Square House. Please
report any unfairness to the proprietor." I think it has appeared only in
the last season or two.

Congrats to Bob Jewett, Thomas Raich, Jeremy Kivell, and Matthew Konkle for
quickly submitting the correct answer.

Timothy Moy
td...@chamber.cco.caltech.edu

Walter N Chappel

Nov 9, 1990, 1:19:18 PM11/9/90

The "This is a Square House" sign has been up from the beginning of the
show, if memory serves. It is possible that it was taken down when Sam
lost the bar and then was put back up when he bought it back for $1. He
put up the picture of himself in his baseball days, and Dave the Moose
came back too, so it's not unlikely that he put the "Square House" sign
up again, also.

Walt

ronald....@npsd.k12.ri.us

Sep 13, 2017, 3:22:50 PM9/13/17
Hello, I might be 27 years too late, but the sign is now for sale on Amazon and I own one, makes a great tribute to he show. P.S. what's it like in 1990? I won't spoil the end of Cheers for you.

credo3...@yahoo.com

Jan 24, 2018, 9:45:46 PM1/24/18
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 3:22:50 PM UTC-4, ronald....@npsd.k12.ri.us wrote:
> Hello, I might be 27 years too late, but the sign is now for sale on Amazon and I own one, makes a great tribute to he show. P.S. what's it like in 1990? I won't spoil the end of Cheers for you.

Hahahaha, You're awesome bro! Like a friggin time machine.