QFTCI16 Game 4, Rounds 7-8: Great War? Don't panic!

Mark Brader

Jul 30, 2016, 11:18:57 PM7/30/16
These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-06-13,
and should be interpreted accordingly.

Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
the correct answers in about 3 days.

All questions were written by members of the Usual Suspects and
are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
see my 2016-05-31 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

I did not write either of these rounds.

* Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War

100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
to events that occurred during 1916.

1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
a mine and sank?

2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
hills hosted the fighting.

3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
at the end of 1916?

4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
Chief of Staff after the war began.

5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?

7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
not apply?

10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
What was her name?

* Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds

Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
(On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)

From the handout:

Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea

pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
impress you.

1. Hiccups.
2. A callus.
3. Urination.
4. Muscle twitch.
5. Baldness or hair loss.
6. Age spot or liver spot.
7. Lack of the sense of smell.
8. Fever.
9. Fast breathing.
10. A mole.

So there were 14 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you'd like to identify
them for fun, but for no points.

11. Rkprffvir grrgu tevaqvat naq/be wnj pyrapuvat.

12. Gevzrgulynzvahevn, n pbatravgny zrgnobyvp reebe gung cebqhprf
n obql bqbe erfrzoyvat gur fzryy bs ebggvat svfu.

13. Trareny culfvpny jnfgvat jvgu ybff bs jrvtug naq zhfpyr znff
qhr gb n qvfrnfr.

14. Bhgjneq pheingher bs gur fcvar, pnhfvat n uhzcrq onpx.

15. Pbatravgny znysbezngvba va juvpu gur bcravat bs gur herguen
vf ba gur gbc fvqr bs gur cravf.

16. N pyhzc be jnq bs fjnyybjrq sbbq be unve.

17. N guva cvrpr bs fgrevyr frnjrrq gung pna or hfrq gb tenqhnyyl
qvyngr gur preivk (jung, sbe jbzra tvivat ovegu ng gur ornpu?).

18. Na noabezny naq crefvfgrag srne bs she.

19. Gur abfgevyf.

20. N trargvp fxva qvfrnfr punenpgrevmrq ol na noabeznyvgl bs gur
ubeal ynlre bs gur fxva nebhaq gur unve sbyyvpyrf.

21. N ynkngvir.

22. N pbaqvgvba punenpgrevmrq ol zngu fxvyyf gung ner fvtavsvpnagyl
orybj abezny, tvira gur crefba'f ntr, vagryyvtrapr, naq
rqhpngvba.

23. Wnhaqvpr.

24. Orypuvat.

--
Mark Brader "Finally no number of additional epicycles can
Toronto hide the fact that We've Got a Problem Here."

Dan Blum

Jul 30, 2016, 11:56:41 PM7/30/16
Mark Brader <m...@vex.net> wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War

> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Verdun

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?

Foch

> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.

Hindenburg

> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Jutland

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?

Fisher

> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Australia; New Zealand

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

tanks

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Ireland

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds

> 1. Hiccups.

Singultus

> 2. A callus.

Kyphosis

> 3. Urination.

Micturition

> 4. Muscle twitch.

Fasciculation

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.

Alopecia

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

Nevus; Keratoma

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.

Anosmia

> 8. Fever.

Pyrexia

> 9. Fast breathing.

Tachypnea

> 10. A mole.

Keratoma; Nevus

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Joshua Kreitzer

Jul 31, 2016, 1:08:16 AM7/31/16
m...@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>
> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Passchendaele

> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Canada; Australia

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Ireland

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it
> Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> 1. Hiccups.

Epispadias; Fasciculation

> 2. A callus.

Bezoar; Nevus

> 3. Urination.

Micturition

> 4. Muscle twitch.

Icterus; Fasciculation

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.

Alopecia

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

Keratoma; Bezoar

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.

Anosmia

> 8. Fever.

Pyrexia

> 9. Fast breathing.

Tachypnea

> 10. A mole.

Keratoma; Bezoar

> So there were 14 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you'd like to identify
> them for fun, but for no points.
>
> 11. Rkprffvir grrgu tevaqvat naq/be wnj pyrapuvat.

Bruxism

> 12. Gevzrgulynzvahevn, n pbatravgny zrgnobyvp reebe gung cebqhprf
> n obql bqbe erfrzoyvat gur fzryy bs ebggvat svfu.

Fish-odor syndrome

> 14. Bhgjneq pheingher bs gur fcvar, pnhfvat n uhzcrq onpx.

Kyphosis

> 18. Na noabezny naq crefvfgrag srne bs she.

Doraphobia

> 19. Gur abfgevyf.

Nares

> 20. N trargvp fxva qvfrnfr punenpgrevmrq ol na noabeznyvgl bs gur
> ubeal ynlre bs gur fxva nebhaq gur unve sbyyvpyrf.

Keratoma

> 22. N pbaqvgvba punenpgrevmrq ol zngu fxvyyf gung ner fvtavsvpnagyl
> orybj abezny, tvira gur crefba'f ntr, vagryyvtrapr, naq
> rqhpngvba.

Mathematics disorder

> 24. Orypuvat.

Eructation

--
Joshua Kreitzer
grom...@hotmail.com

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 31, 2016, 3:45:57 AM7/31/16
Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?

Lord Kitchner

> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Verdun

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?

Joffre

> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.

Falkenhayn and Hindenburg are two of them. (I'm right now reading a
book on WWI, but I have not come to the third yet.)

> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Skagerrak

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?

Beatty

> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Canada (I have not come to this battle yet in the book.)

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Ireland

Dan Tilque

Jul 31, 2016, 4:12:37 AM7/31/16
Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>
> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?
>
> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

The Somme

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?
>
> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.
>
> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Battle of Jutland

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?
>
> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Canada

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

combined armor and infantry

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Scotland

> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?
>

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> From the handout:
>
> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea
>
> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.
>
> 1. Hiccups.

eructation

> 2. A callus.

keratoma

> 3. Urination.

micturation

> 4. Muscle twitch.

fasciculation

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.

alopecia

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

lentigo senilis

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.

asnomia

> 8. Fever.

pyrexia

> 9. Fast breathing.

tachypnea

> 10. A mole.

nares

--
Dan Tilque

Jason Kreitzer

Jul 31, 2016, 4:21:16 AM7/31/16
Arial
> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?
Northern Ireland?
> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?
>

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> From the handout:
>
> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea
>
> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.
>
> 1. Hiccups.
Anosmia?
> 2. A callus.
Icterus?
> 3. Urination.
Eructation?
> 4. Muscle twitch.
Bezoar?
> 5. Baldness or hair loss.
Alopecia
> 6. Age spot or liver spot.
Nevus?
> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.
Bruxism?
> 8. Fever.
Pyrexia?
> 9. Fast breathing.
Micturition?
> 10. A mole.
Cachexia?

Peter Smyth

Jul 31, 2016, 8:13:54 AM7/31/16
Somme
> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?
>
> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.
>
> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.
Jutland
> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?
>
> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. The Battle of the Somme began on July 1,
> 1916, and continued for five months without gains by either side.
> On the first day of the battle, near the French village of
> Beaumont-Hamel ["bow-moan-tam-ell"], the regiment from *which
> dominion of the British Empire* was largely cut down by gunfire
> after an ill-conceived British order to advance over exposed
> ground toward German trenches? The next day, fewer than one
> man in ten was present for roll call.
Newfoundland
> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.
Tanks
> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?
Northern Ireland
> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?
>

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it
> Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> From the handout:
>
> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea
>
> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.
>
> 1. Hiccups.
Eructation
> 2. A callus.
Keratoma
> 3. Urination.
Micturition
> 4. Muscle twitch.
Cachexia
> 5. Baldness or hair loss.
Alopecia
> 6. Age spot or liver spot.
Lentigo senilis
> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.
Epispadias
> 8. Fever
Laminaria
> 9. Fast breathing.
Tachypnea
> 10. A mole.
Icterus

> So there were 14 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you'd like to identify
> them for fun, but for no points.
>
> 11. Excessive teeth grinding and/or jaw clenching.
>
> 12. Trimethylaminuria, a congenital metabolic error that produces
> a body odor resembling the smell of rotting fish.
>
> 13. General physical wasting with loss of weight and muscle mass
> due to a disease.
>
> 14. Outward curvature of the spine, causing a humped back.
>
> 15. Congenital malformation in which the opening of the urethra
> is on the top side of the penis.
>
> 16. A clump or wad of swallowed food or hair.
>
> 17. A thin piece of sterile seaweed that can be used to gradually
> dilate the cervix (what, for women giving birth at the beach?).
>
> 18. An abnormal and persistent fear of fur.
>
> 19. The nostrils.
>
> 20. A genetic skin disease characterized by an abnormality of the
> horny layer of the skin around the hair follicles.
>
> 21. A laxative.
>
> 22. A condition characterized by math skills that are significantly
> below normal, given the person's age, intelligence, and
> education.
>
> 23. Jaundice.
>
> 24. Belching.

Björn Lundin

Jul 31, 2016, 11:30:56 AM7/31/16
On 2016-07-31 05:18, Mark Brader wrote:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-06-13,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Usual Suspects and
> are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-05-31 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> I did not write either of these rounds.
>

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>

> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Battle of Verdun

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

using tanks

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds

No - it was worse ...

Björn

Mark Brader

Jul 31, 2016, 3:51:42 PM7/31/16
Peter Smyth:
> Tanks

You' welcome.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "Don't be silly -- send it to Canada"
m...@vex.net -- British postal worker

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 31, 2016, 4:47:51 PM7/31/16
Erland Sommarskog (esq...@sommarskog.se) writes:
> Mark Brader (m...@vex.net) writes:
>> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
>> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
>> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
>> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
>> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.
>
> Skagerrak

As it happens, when Mark posted the quiz, I was right in the section that
describes the battle in my the reading of the book I mentioned, The
book is by a Swedish author and he refers to the battle as Skagerrak
after the body of water where the battle took place. It was not until
after posting the answers I read the final paragraphs of the section,
and there he mentions that the battle is known as Jutland in the UK.

>> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
>> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
>> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
>> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?

The author's presents this line - which he presents in the opening in
the section about the battle - as a description of the vital importance
of keeping the German fleet in check.

>> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
>> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
>> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
>> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
>> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
>> hills hosted the fighting.

My impression from the book is that the battle rather was a draw, and
both Falkenhayn and Joffre were replaced as a result.

But then again, it's like the return game in a football game where one
team won with 1-0 on their home ground and now can qualify even if they
lose with 1-2. Falkenhayn's idea was not to take Verdun, but only
exhaust the French troops and this certainly failed.

Calvin

Jul 31, 2016, 8:17:52 PM7/31/16
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 1:18:57 PM UTC+10, Mark Brader wrote:

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>
> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?
>
> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Somme

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?
>
> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.
>
> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Jutland

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?
>
> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Australia

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

Blitzkrieg, Tanks

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Scotland, Wales

> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?
>

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> From the handout:
>
> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea
>
> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.
>
> 1. Hiccups.

Anosmia, Singultus

> 2. A callus.

Nares, Nevus

> 3. Urination.

Micturition

> 4. Muscle twitch.

Cachexia, Laminaria

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.

Alopecia

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

Cachexia, Laminaria

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.

Cachexia, Laminaria

> 8. Fever.

Cachexia, Laminaria

> 9. Fast breathing.

Cachexia, Laminaria

> 10. A mole.

Nares, Nevus

cheers,
calvin

Pete

Jul 31, 2016, 10:31:53 PM7/31/16
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-06-13,

> Please post all your answers to the newsgroup in a single followup,
> the correct answers in about 3 days.
>
> All questions were written by members of the Usual Suspects and
> are used here by permission, but have been reformatted and may
> have been retyped and/or edited by me. For further information
> see my 2016-05-31 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".
>

> I did not write either of these rounds.
>

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>
> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?

Kitchener

> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Verdun

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?

Foch

> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.

Falkenhyn

> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Skagerrak

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?
>
> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. Gur Onggyr bs gur Fbzzr ortna ba Whyl 1,
> 1916, naq pbagvahrq sbe svir zbaguf jvgubhg tnvaf ol rvgure fvqr.
> Ba gur svefg qnl bs gur onggyr, arne gur Serapu ivyyntr bs
> Ornhzbag-Unzry ["obj-zbna-gnz-ryy"], gur ertvzrag sebz *juvpu
> qbzvavba bs gur Oevgvfu Rzcver* jnf ynetryl phg qbja ol thasver
> nsgre na vyy-pbaprvirq Oevgvfu beqre gb nqinapr bire rkcbfrq
> tebhaq gbjneq Trezna gerapurf? Gur arkg qnl, srjre guna bar
> zna va gra jnf cerfrag sbe ebyy pnyy.

Australia

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

Blitzkrieg

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Ireland
Nares

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

Alopecia

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.
> 8. Fever.
> 9. Fast breathing.
> 10. A mole.

Keratoma

> So there were 14 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you'd like to identify
> them for fun, but for no points.
>
> 11. Rkprffvir grrgu tevaqvat naq/be wnj pyrapuvat.
>
> 12. Gevzrgulynzvahevn, n pbatravgny zrgnobyvp reebe gung cebqhprf
> n obql bqbe erfrzoyvat gur fzryy bs ebggvat svfu.
>
> 13. Trareny culfvpny jnfgvat jvgu ybff bs jrvtug naq zhfpyr znff
> qhr gb n qvfrnfr.
>
> 14. Bhgjneq pheingher bs gur fcvar, pnhfvat n uhzcrq onpx.
>
> 15. Pbatravgny znysbezngvba va juvpu gur bcravat bs gur herguen
> vf ba gur gbc fvqr bs gur cravf.
>
> 16. N pyhzc be jnq bs fjnyybjrq sbbq be unve.
>
> 17. N guva cvrpr bs fgrevyr frnjrrq gung pna or hfrq gb tenqhnyyl
> qvyngr gur preivk (jung, sbe jbzra tvivat ovegu ng gur ornpu?).
>
> 18. Na noabezny naq crefvfgrag srne bs she.
>
> 19. Gur abfgevyf.
>
> 20. N trargvp fxva qvfrnfr punenpgrevmrq ol na noabeznyvgl bs gur
> ubeal ynlre bs gur fxva nebhaq gur unve sbyyvpyrf.
>
> 21. N ynkngvir.
>
> 22. N pbaqvgvba punenpgrevmrq ol zngu fxvyyf gung ner fvtavsvpnagyl
> orybj abezny, tvira gur crefba'f ntr, vagryyvtrapr, naq
> rqhpngvba.
>
> 23. Wnhaqvpr.
>
> 24. Orypuvat.

Pete Gayde

Marc Dashevsky

Aug 1, 2016, 6:09:26 AM8/1/16
In article <f_ydnX282-eB8wDK...@giganews.com>, m...@vex.net says...
> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War
>
> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.
>
> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?
>
> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.
Verdun
Scotland

> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?
>

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds
>
> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)
>
> From the handout:
>
> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea
>
> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.
>
> 1. Hiccups.
singultus

> 2. A callus.
keratoma

> 3. Urination.
micturation

> 4. Muscle twitch.
fasciculation

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.
alopecia

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.
lentigo senilis

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.
anosmia

> 8. Fever.
pyrexia

> 9. Fast breathing.
tachypnea

> 10. A mole.
nevus

Mark Brader

Aug 3, 2016, 1:01:51 AM8/3/16
Mark Brader:
> These questions were written to be asked in Toronto on 2016-06-13,
> see my 2016-05-31 companion posting on "Questions from the Canadian
> Inquisition (QFTCI*)".

> I did not write either of these rounds.

Well, except for question #8 in the history round.

> * Game 4, Round 7 - History - In the Midst of the Great War

> 100 years ago, we found ourselves in the midst of the Great War,
> now known as World War I. The following questions relate largely
> to events that occurred during 1916.

> 1. Who was the British Minister of War from 1914 until 1916, when
> he died when the ship carrying him on a visit to Russia struck
> a mine and sank?

Lord Herbert Kitchener. 4 for Erland and Pete.

> 2. Which battle started in February 1916 with a German attack in
> France, and continued until December 1916? It was one of
> the war's bloodiest, with each side suffering casualties in
> the hundreds of thousands, and ended with a French victory.
> It is named after the town in northeast France whose nearby
> hills hosted the fighting.

Verdun. 4 for Dan Blum, Erland, Björn, Pete, and Marc.

The Battle of Passchendaele (or Third Battle of Ypres) was the
following year. For the Battle of the Somme, see question #7.

> 3. Who was the Chief of Staff of the French armies until replaced
> at the end of 1916?

Joseph Joffre ["ZHOFF-r'"]. 4 for Erland.

> 4. Name any one of the three prominent German generals who became
> Chief of Staff after the war began.

Erich von Falkenhayn, Paul von Hindenburg, Erich Ludendorff.
4 for Dan Blum, Erland (the hard way), and Pete.

> 5. In May 1916, the Royal Navy's Grand Fleet encountered the
> German High Seas Fleet in the North Sea, between them amounting
> to 250 warships. In the ensuing battle over 6,000 British
> sailors died compared with about 2,500 Germans; then, during
> the night, the German fleet... fled. Name this battle.

Jutland. For the benefit of those entrants who were on the wrong
side, I also accepted the name used by the enemy. 4 for Dan Blum,
Erland, Dan Tilque, Peter, Calvin, and Pete.

> 6. After the Battle of <answer 5>, Winston Churchill, who was
> then Lord of the Admiralty, described the admiral who allowed
> the Germans to escape as as "the only man on either side who
> could lose the war in an afternoon." Which admiral?

John Jellicoe.

> 7. Please decode the rot13 only after you have finished with the
> previous questions. The Battle of the Somme began on July 1,
> 1916, and continued for five months without gains by either side.
> On the first day of the battle, near the French village of
> Beaumont-Hamel ["bow-moan-tam-ell"], the regiment from *which
> dominion of the British Empire* was largely cut down by gunfire
> after an ill-conceived British order to advance over exposed
> ground toward German trenches? The next day, fewer than one
> man in ten was present for roll call.

Newfoundland. 4 for Peter.

> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.

Tank. 4 for Dan Blum, Peter, and Björn. 2 for Calvin.

> 9. The Military Service Act of January 1916 introduced conscription
> to the United Kingdom. To which part of the UK did the Act
> not apply?

Ireland. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Erland, and Pete.

> 10. Resistance was an important activity in German-occupied Belgium.
> A British nurse was executed for assisting Allied soldiers
> and prisoners of war to escape into the neutral Netherlands.
> What was her name?

Edith Cavell.

You can see her commemoration from the highway between Banff and Jasper:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Mt._Edith_Cavell.jpg

> * Game 4, Round 8 - Science - Don't Panic! It May Not be as Bad as it Sounds

> Hypochondriacs, be reassured: none of the scary-sounding things
> on this handout will kill you, and very few are contagious.
> (On the other hand, you do have at least two of them.)

> From the handout:

> Alopecia | Epispadias | Lentigo senilis
> Anosmia | Eructation | Mathematics disorder
> Aperient | Fasciculation | Micturition
> Bezoar | Fish-odor syndrome | Nares
> Bruxism | Icterus | Nevus
> Cachexia | Keratoma | Pyrexia
> Darier disease | Kyphosis | Singultus
> Doraphobia | Laminaria | Tachypnea

> pick the alternative term that doctors use when they want to
> impress you.

> 1. Hiccups.

Singultus. 4 for Dan Blum and Marc. 2 for Calvin.

> 2. A callus.

Keratoma. 4 for Dan Tilque, Peter, and Marc.

> 3. Urination.

Micturition. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Peter, Calvin,
and Marc.

> 4. Muscle twitch.

Fasciculation. 4 for Dan Blum, Dan Tilque, and Marc. 2 for Joshua.

> 5. Baldness or hair loss.

Alopecia. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Jason, Peter, Calvin,
and Marc.

> 6. Age spot or liver spot.

Lentigo senilis. 4 for Dan Tilque, Peter, and Marc.

> 7. Lack of the sense of smell.

Anosmia. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Marc, and Dan Tilque.

> 8. Fever.

Pyrexia. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque, Jason, and Marc.

> 9. Fast breathing.

Tachypnea ["TACK-ee-puh-NEE-uh"]. 4 for Dan Blum, Joshua, Dan Tilque,
Peter, and Marc.

> 10. A mole.

Nevus. 4 for Marc. 2 for Dan Blum and Calvin.

> So there were 14 decoys. Decode the rot13 if you'd like to identify
> them for fun, but for no points.

> 11. Excessive teeth grinding and/or jaw clenching.

Bruxism. Joshua got this.

> 12. Trimethylaminuria, a congenital metabolic error that produces
> a body odor resembling the smell of rotting fish.

Fish-odor syndrome. Joshua got this.

> 13. General physical wasting with loss of weight and muscle mass
> due to a disease.

Cachexia.

> 14. Outward curvature of the spine, causing a humped back.

Kyphosis. Joshua got this.

> 15. Congenital malformation in which the opening of the urethra
> is on the top side of the penis.

Epispadias.

> 16. A clump or wad of swallowed food or hair.

Bezoar.

> 17. A thin piece of sterile seaweed that can be used to gradually
> dilate the cervix (what, for women giving birth at the beach?).

Laminaria.

> 18. An abnormal and persistent fear of fur.

Doraphobia. Joshua got this.

> 19. The nostrils.

Nares. Joshua got this.

> 20. A genetic skin disease characterized by an abnormality of the
> horny layer of the skin around the hair follicles.

Darier disease.

> 21. A laxative.

Aperient.

> 22. A condition characterized by math skills that are significantly
> below normal, given the person's age, intelligence, and
> education.

Mathematics disorder, duh. Joshua got this.

> 23. Jaundice.

Icterus.

> 24. Belching.

Eructation (as you will remember from Game 1). Joshua got this.

Scores, if there are no errors:

GAME 4 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Mis Lit Spo His Sci FOUR
Joshua Kreitzer 4 28 36 28 4 22 114
Dan Blum 12 28 28 14 20 30 106
Pete Gayde 16 16 28 27 20 0 91
Dan Tilque 0 27 16 12 4 32 87
Marc Dashevsky 8 12 4 20 4 40 80
Peter Smyth 0 20 19 20 12 20 79
Stephen Perry 36 40 -- -- -- -- 76
"Calvin" -- -- 11 28 6 12 57
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 0 16 24 0 40
Bruce Bowler 12 28 -- -- -- -- 40
Jason Kreitzer 0 12 12 0 0 8 32
Björn Lundin 0 4 7 7 8 0 26

--
Mark Brader, Toronto, m...@vex.net
Until 3,000 million years ago we can say not a lot happened

Dan Tilque

Aug 4, 2016, 12:26:38 AM8/4/16
Mark Brader wrote:

>> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
>> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
>> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.
>
> Tank. 4 for Dan Blum, Peter, and Björn. 2 for Calvin.

I'm going to dispute this. Tanks without infantry support are not a
super effective weapon. They're vulnerable to various anti-tank tactics
by infantry. So they generally have infantry attacking with the tanks to
counter many of those tactics. The famous blitzkriegs of WWII were
combined arms attacks (they included aircraft as well, but that wasn't
done in WWI).

I would rule this answer as almost correct. And, of course, my answer as
correct.

--
Dan Tilque

Calvin

Aug 4, 2016, 1:48:57 AM8/4/16
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 2:26:38 PM UTC+10, Dan Tilque wrote:
> Mark Brader wrote:
>

> >> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
> >> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
> >> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.
> >
> > Tank. 4 for Dan Blum, Peter, and Björn. 2 for Calvin.
>
> I'm going to dispute this. Tanks without infantry support are not a
> super effective weapon.

And they certainly aren't a method of attack. A poorly worded question which gave me pause too.

cheers,
calvin

Mark Brader

Aug 4, 2016, 1:56:30 AM8/4/16
Mark Brader:
>>> 8. What new method of attack was first used during the Battle of
>>> the Somme? It did not give the decisive advantage hoped for
>>> at the time, but became immensely important during World War II.
>>
>> Tank. 4 for Dan Blum, Peter, and Björn. 2 for Calvin.

Dan Tilque:
> I'm going to dispute this. Tanks without infantry support are not a
> super effective weapon. They're vulnerable to various anti-tank tactics
> by infantry. So they generally have infantry attacking with the tanks to
> counter many of those tactics...

The above scores stand, but you make a good point and I'll accept your
answer of "combined armor and infantry" also. No points for blitzkrieg,
though, as that involved air force coordination as well, which was not
done in 1916.

So, 4 for Dan Tilque also. Scores, if there are now no errors:

GAME 4 ROUNDS-> 2 3 4 6 7 8 BEST
TOPICS-> Ent Mis Lit Spo His Sci FOUR
Joshua Kreitzer 4 28 36 28 4 22 114
Dan Blum 12 28 28 14 20 30 106
Pete Gayde 16 16 28 27 20 0 91
Dan Tilque 0 27 16 12 8 32 87
Marc Dashevsky 8 12 4 20 4 40 80
Peter Smyth 0 20 19 20 12 20 79
Stephen Perry 36 40 -- -- -- -- 76
"Calvin" -- -- 11 28 6 12 57
Erland Sommarskog -- -- 0 16 24 0 40
Bruce Bowler 12 28 -- -- -- -- 40
Jason Kreitzer 0 12 12 0 0 8 32
Björn Lundin 0 4 7 7 8 0 26
--
Mark Brader | I passed a sign that said "you are here",
Toronto | but I didn't entirely believe it.