CQ #607

Calvin

Jul 18, 2020, 6:05:29 PM7/18/20

1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.
2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?
3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?
4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?
5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?
6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?
7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”?
8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?
9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?
10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

cheers,
calvin

swp

Jul 18, 2020, 7:30:59 PM7/18/20
On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 6:05:29 PM UTC-4, Calvin wrote:
> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.

the lie angle

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

bob dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

south africa

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?

bedlam

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?

point nemo

> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?

sumba?

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”?

mike tyson

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?

against all odds

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

um... quarter note?

> cheers,
> calvin

swp

Mark Brader

Jul 18, 2020, 8:02:35 PM7/18/20
"Calvin":
> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line
> that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line
> running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it
> varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees
> for some wedges.

Loft?

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded
> the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?
> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

South Africa?

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary
> Bethlehem Hospital in London?

Bedlam.

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic
> Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean
> some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?
> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island
> is located some 30 km east of Bali?

New Guinea?

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question
> regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with "Everyone has
> a plan until they get punched in the mouth."?

Tyson?

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for
> which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James
> Woods?

"Against all Odds"?

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland.

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

Crotchet.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto Rocket, 1829: The first 30 mph train.
m...@vex.net TGV-A, 1989: The first 300 mph train.

Dan Blum

Jul 18, 2020, 9:56:41 PM7/18/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

Australia

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?

bedlam

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

breve

Dan Blum to...@panix.com

Joe Masters

Jul 19, 2020, 3:31:50 AM7/19/20
On 2020-07-18 22:05:28 +0000, Calvin said:

> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs
> down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the
> face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees
> for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.

Loft

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the
> start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan. (If you haven't heard his latest album it is well worth a listen)

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

South Africa

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem
> Hospital in London?

Bedlam

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of
> Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from
> the nearest lands?
> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island is
> located some 30 km east of Bali?
> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an
> upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get
> punched in the mouth.†?

Tyson

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which
> 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?

Can't think of any of his songs. I'm not his biggest fan.

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

Crotchet

--
“To err, as they say, is human. To forgive is divine. To err by
withholding your forgiveness until it’s too late is to become divinely

Erland Sommarskog

Jul 19, 2020, 3:50:42 AM7/19/20
Calvin (334...@gmail.com) writes:
> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the
> start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

South Africa

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary
> Bethlehem Hospital in London?

Bedlam

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding
> an upcoming opponent's tactics with ?Everyone has a plan until they get
> punched in the mouth.??

Muhammed Ali

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

Chris F.A. Johnson

Jul 19, 2020, 5:08:05 PM7/19/20
On 2020-07-18, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.
> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

S. Africa

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?

Bedlam

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?
> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?

Sumatra

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with ???Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.????

Tyson

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?

Against All Odds

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

Crotchet

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com/>
=========================== Author: ===============================

Pete Gayde

Jul 19, 2020, 7:03:09 PM7/19/20
Calvin <334...@gmail.com> wrote in

> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that
> runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through
> the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10
> degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.

Loft

> 2 Which
> artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of
> the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

South Africa

> 4 Which six-letter word
> is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?
> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of
> Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from
> the nearest lands?
> 6 With a population of about three million
> people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?

East Timor

> 7 Which
> boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an
> upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get
> punched in the mouth.”?

Jake LaMotta

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit
> was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff
> Bridges and James Woods?

In the Air Tonight

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

England

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

Quarter note

> cheers,
> calvin

Pete Gayde

Dan Tilque

Jul 20, 2020, 2:59:32 AM7/20/20
On 7/18/20 3:05 PM, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.

rake

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Dylan ??

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

Australia

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?

bedlam

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?

Water Pole

> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?

Timor

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”?
> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?
> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

semiquaver

--
Dan Tilque

R. Ess

Jul 22, 2020, 11:52:54 AM7/22/20
On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 15:05:28 -0700 (PDT), Calvin <334...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.
LOFT
>2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?
BOB DYLAN
>3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?
SOUTH AFRICA
>4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?
BEDLAM
>5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?
POINT NEMO
>6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?
LOMBOK
>7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”?
MIKE TYSON
>8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?
IN THE AIR TONIGHT
>9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?
SCOTLAND
>10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?
CROTCHET

ArenEss

>cheers,
>calvin

Calvin

Jul 30, 2020, 6:10:36 PM7/30/20
On Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 8:05:29 AM UTC+10, Calvin wrote:

> 1 What four-letter term refers to the angle formed by a line that runs down the centre shaft of a golf club, and a line running through the face of the club? Excluding putters, it varies from about 10 degrees for a driver to 60 plus degrees for some wedges.

Loft

> 2 Which artist's 1965 album Bringing It All Back Home heralded the start of the "electric" phase of his musical career?

Bob Dylan

> 3 The 1995 Rugby World Cup was hosted and won by which country?

RSA

> 4 Which six-letter word is derived from the name of St Mary Bethlehem Hospital in London?

Bedlam

> 5 What is the more common two-word name of the remote Oceanic Pole of Inaccessibility, located in the South Pacific Ocean some 2,688 km from the nearest lands?

Point Nemo

> 6 With a population of about three million people, what island is located some 30 km east of Bali?

Lombok
Singleton for Aren

> 7 Which boxer memorably responded to a reporter's question regarding an upcoming opponent's tactics with “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”?

Mike Tyson

> 8 Phil Collins' first US number one hit was the title song for which 1984 film starring Rachel Ward, Jeff Bridges and James Woods?

Against All Odds

> 9 Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern-day country?

Scotland

> 10 Which musical note lies between a quaver and a minim?

Crotchet, aka quarter note

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Q7 Q8 Q9 Q10 TOTAL TB Quiz 607
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 53 Aren Ess
0 1 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 8 48 Stephen Perry
1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 7 42 Mark Brader
1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 7 46 Joe Masters
0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 7 46 Chris Johnson
1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 25 Pete Gayde
0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 31 Erland S
0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 24 Dan Blum
0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 24 Dan Tilque
4 8 7 8 2 1 5 4 8 6 53 59%

Congratulations Aren on the clear round.

cheers,
calvin